PDA

View Full Version : Wet bunk !!!

closetbiker
07-19-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm getting water in the aft starboard corner of the mid cabin in my 3250LXC. There's no obvious place for it to come from. Happens from rain or washing with full canvas on...anybody have any ideas? :banghead:

MOP
07-19-2004, 09:11 PM
Having worked in a dealership and chased quite a few leaks, the majority of the leaks came from the windshield frames, hatches, lights, horns not being sealed well. Anything mounted topside can and will eventually leak. Look at everything carefully all should show of sealer pushed out from under the mounting area, lights and horns mounted with just the supplied rubber gasket seem to alway leak well before bedded items. Builder are always pushing to get stuff out, a lot slips through not done as well as it should be. Water can travel quite a ways un detected before leaking down.

Phil

Last Tango
07-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Along with the windshield mounts, your railing mounts and mid-cleat are there as well. Mine never leaked in that area. Windows on that side generally don't leak during washing or rain (unleass you are running in the rain). What is getting wet exactly. The cushions on the settee? The carpet on the floor or is the carpet under the table wet> Any running near the power control box? Just on the floor near the rear drain hole? (if so, then your refridgerator is defrosting and leaking onto the floor and running aft to the drain hole).
2000 Z3250 Daytona owner (a couple years ago)

closetbiker
07-21-2004, 08:19 PM
The leak is in the very aft corner of the rear bunk, down underneath the helm. The rear corner of the mattress and the cloth/padding on the rear wall gets pretty wet. It seems like it should be obvious but i can't seem to find it.
Thanks for the help...Steve