PDA

View Full Version : Tie Down Engineering?

MOP
07-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about Tie Down? As some of you know I put the 22 on the trailer for the first time last week only to find the breaks were not working. Ok cylinder was dry, was full when delivered last winter. Filled it all worked fine except it leaks at a quick drip, so I mailed Tie Down last Wednesday and still have no response.

Phil

Dr. Dan
07-19-2004, 08:20 PM
:spongebob Phil....I used Tie Down for Brakes and other related components....they sell virtually everything...to rebuild your Trailer ...even Axles....and more.

No Complaints Yet?

Doc :beer:

MOP
07-19-2004, 08:33 PM
I agree Dan their stuff has been around for years with a very good reputation. It the hitch on the new Wesco I got for the 22, can't see where the leak originates or I may have a shot at fixing it. I would need a gallon of fluid to make it to the islands. Will letter bomb them tonight!

Phil

RedDog
07-19-2004, 08:48 PM
I put Tie Down discs on the Rolls trailer I used to have. Replaced the rusted out drums. Very good quality and easy to install. With the discs, you need the coupler solenoid by pass to permit backing. I used a large bolt to lock-out couple engagement for a while before I installed a solenoid but that was a bit of a pain.

BigGrizzly
07-19-2004, 08:49 PM
I use their stainless disk brakes on my Criterion trailer. They are local here in Atlanta

MOP
07-19-2004, 08:55 PM
I was just up on their site, I think I need to contact Wesco instead. Tie Down seems to do only wholesale, I have used their stuff before never had a problem. When the Wesco was delivered I was tickled it had Tie Down, also the Wesco line is a very fine trailer well above average. I just need to do a fair bit of towing real soon and hate dumping fluid all over blazes until I get this rsolved. Thanks for the extra bolstering!

Phil

MOP
07-19-2004, 10:51 PM
Its dripping down from the master cylinder, coming fom one of the two actuators can't quite see which one without pulling the hitch. With the tongue jack all the way up it stays near full.

MOP
07-25-2004, 09:18 PM
I got a note back from Lee Norwood at Tie Down, gave him a call super guy I almost felt like I was his only customer. He is shipping out a new unit, I will return the old one issue settled. Very nice to work with, fits with all the good stuff I have always heard.

Phil