PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Prop Spacer???

penbroke
07-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Now that the boat is back together it's time to play with the props I've been collecting. :biggrin:

What is the correct length for the prop spacer ring for the long hub (Ultra) props. I have a couple spacers that are about 5/8" but they are too long. Someone posted a while back that there are two different ones and gave the part numbers. Since I tend to make these type of things myself I need to know the lengths.

Thanks,
Frank

Tony
07-17-2004, 11:04 PM
I had three made up for me, 1/2", 9/16", and 5/8". The 5/8" is the standard Volvo one, but is too long for the Ultra. I think I use the 9/16" one. Be careful, you do not want to let the prop ride too close to the zinc ring. I had slight clearance with one of my spacers, but somehow while underway the thrust of the prop pushed it towards the zinc and scored the screws so that I had a bit of a hassle correcting the problem. Of course this happened at AOTH 2, requiring me to work on my belly leaning over my outdrive with 100' of water below my $350 Ultra! Poodle remembers that scene, as he helped me make sure my tabs were bent properly as I swapped over to a short hub prop with the locking tab setup.

EricG
07-18-2004, 12:08 AM
FYI - the spacer/line cutter for the 270 does not work on my 280 with the Ultra. As soon as I tighten up the prop - it hits the Zinc ring. I'm currently using the longer spacer with a bit of a gap. Someday I'll look for a different spacer...

-EG