PDA

View Full Version : 33ZX performance :)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Well today was our first run in the 33ZX as owners in our backyard (Chesapeake Bay and Ocean). We ran with a 38TG and two 340's.
The bay was 1 to 2's, the ocean 2 to 3's.
We boated solid from 9am to 5:30. Burnt well over 100 gallons of fuel.
Spent the day learning the ride, K-planes, drive trim etc.
God I have a new respect for a refrigerator over a cooler...
Bottle Water had ice in it.
Docking was fine, no dings on the virgin ride, 3 dockings today, must have been luck knowing us...
Knock on wood.

I have to say I am very impressed with the ride and performance. Typical flies flat Donzi ride. She handled the water great, and we had enough length for the long spaced rollers at 60 in the ocean, no creaks, rattles or thuds, etc.
Soundly built. A 33 foot brick **** house, solid...
We were able to stay in the throttles and run 60 comfortably.
The Tuvell's are tired happy campers. GPS tattletell now sits on 75, planes at 3 and drives at 4, must have been when we heard the quick beep beep when we were catching some air.

At 40 to 50 she feels way ass heavy, but 55 to 65 seems to be her best ride while not over stressing the motors. She stands up well the faster you take her.
We are Very Very happy.
Thanks DONZI.
Bryan

Fish boy
07-17-2004, 10:19 PM
congrats Brian, glad it was a great first adventure. Hope you don't mind if I live vicariously thorugh for a while :)

Fish

Mr X
07-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Wow, sounds great Bryan,
did you ever get that battery charger thing straightned out??

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-18-2004, 04:41 AM
Ted, yes, bad extension cord was causing reverse polarity, bought a 12G cord, plugged her in and she charged at 11 amp, then eventually dropped to zero.
Thanks so much for the info.
Bryan

undertaker
07-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Bryan there is a reverse polarity on you panel check it out you want to keep an eye on that if you go to a marina and plug into shore power. Performance is right on to mine. Good luck with her. ;)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Yep, RP light in the panel, amazing how smart I can get when I read the manuals for the boat, Donzi provided all the books and a full 496HO service manual.

Sunday was great also, ran around all day again, docking turns out to be a breeze for me and twin motors, I caught on quick.
Yesterday the water was pretty confused, we run real well in the rough 55 to 65. The consistant top speed of this boat is 73 on GPS, that matches the Donzi Performance sheet I got from Steve Simon in 2003. We spin Merc Lab 26P turning inward.

Attached are some water photos.
Bryan

Digger
07-20-2004, 08:24 AM
lookin good Bryan !!

RickSE
07-20-2004, 09:41 AM
Looks awesome Bryan, congrats on the new boat. I love the paint.

My dad finally registered his 33ZX in MD. He actually registered it in TN and managed to pay no sales tax. :wink: Anyway, his boat should be hitting the water again this summer or next and I can't wait to get in it on the Chesapeake.

boldts
07-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Bryan,

Simply fantastic! Thank-you for sharing her through the pictures. I'll get your club listing updated now that I can get a picture of the boat in action or send me your favorite shot.