PDA

View Full Version : Just Put An Offer In On A 18'classic 30th Anniversary Edition

blueliner
07-17-2004, 05:23 AM
I am extremely excited!!!! I just put an offer in on a DONZI and it is mine... I was wondering if anyone is in the Connecticut area that knows of this boat, or is near it and could look at it for me. I am in Vancouver, BC and it is obviously to far for me to road trip it there to look at it. It is a 1996 18' Classic 30th Anniversary edition. It is sweeeeeet!!!! Can't wait to get it over here to the west coast and join you all. If anyone has any info on this boat please let me know.

Thanks
Steve:canada:

Lenny
07-17-2004, 11:39 AM
This is GOOD NEWS !!! Let me know your logistics if you are successful. Tolland, Connetticut, anyone close by?

1996 DONZI 30TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY EDITION , DONZI 1996 18 CLASSIC. RED WITH PEARL WHITE STRIPES, WINDSHIELD, CD PLAYER, TRAILER, ALL COVERS, 300 HP, MERCCRUISER, BRAVO DRIVE, PEARL WHILE INTERIOR, 100 HOURS, FRESH WATER USE ONLY, NEW CONDITION.

There are a few Board members in that location and with a little persuasion ( and maybe a treat) they might look at it for you. Being of that vintage there is not a whole lot that can be wrong if the motor was looked after and the hours are low.

how do i know this guy is legit before i send him a $5k deposit. do i ask for a copy of the title or what would you suggest?? just want to protect myself. afterall, i am just sending a check to a guy i don't even know

Get a go-between to look after the transaction and get a separate bill of sale for the trailer and GET A RECALL LETTER from the manufacturer of the trailer PRIOR to bringing it into Canada. This is easy stuff. Have the two bills of sale state trailer VIN and stuff and Boat VIN and stuff. This makes it waayy easier. You will need a temporary permit for the trailer in Conneticut to pull it through the USA. Once you get into Canada, you can get temporary insurance for the trailer while it awaits a federal inspection (you get about 45 days to do this) Then you can get real plates for the trailer.

Good Luck !!! :D :D :D

3062.4 miles away and a bit right...

RedDog
07-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Sounds like an awesome boat! Get some pics posted!

thriller
07-18-2004, 12:35 AM
:canada: Congrats!!!!

Another left coaster comes to his senses..If memory serves me correct,you live in Deep Cove area and want to keep the boat in the water 24/7?

If you can, ($$$$) get an inflation system that lifts the boat out of the water...

Exciting times. Go thru BCAA and get what's called a "Trip Ticket" They are free for members and you just have to give them your starting point and destination and they will bind a road atlas with all the need to know stuff..

Look forward to hooking up this summer...

Hey Lenny..Mudge "Donzi Rendevous" .I can feel it..:D

MM

rayjay
07-18-2004, 12:30 PM
I am extremely excited!!!! I just put an offer in on a DONZI and it is mine... I was wondering if anyone is in the Connecticut area that knows of this boat, or is near it and could look at it for me. ...- Steve:canada:

Where in CT is the boat?

rayjay