PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Lake Michigan, here we come!

roadtrip se
07-16-2004, 05:31 PM
Sunday, Trambuello has agreed to give us the tour on the Big Lake Gitchagoonee, Lake Michigan, out of Holland!

For those of you not familiar with the area, Skater, Powerquest, and Tiara all build and test on this inland ocean!

Now that the water is clear of Smoke on the Water Poker Runners, maybe us little guys can get a shot out there without getting run over!

Any other MADCOWs looking for a good romp and warm up to the Cruise, drop me a PM or a call!

Show me the big water!

Todd

Tony
07-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Todd, you will have big fun on the big lake! Lake Macatawa is cool, too, make sure Jeff shows you the Party Cove. I am jealous...but on Saturday I will be lifting my deck off and pulling my tank. Pictures will be forthcoming.

tamburello
07-19-2004, 09:21 AM
I ordered a calm day with flat seas and no wind for Sunday and received 18 kts of wind whipping up 3 foot chop on Lake Mich. That didn't stop us from runnin' though. After pulverizing our spines and rearanging our internal organs we dropped a hook in Pine Creek Bay on Lake Macatoilet and enjoyed one of the four sunny warm days we get up here. Roadtrip enjoyed the bumpy water so much he went back for seconds while I called my chiropractor for an appointment. I finished off the fun on the water by providing a demonstration of how to put an 18 Classic on the trailer sideways, Todd won't admit it but I think he was impressed. :D I think it took about 5 seconds after a certain red 22 was pulled out of the water for a crowd of drooling sailboaters' kids to start oggling the HP 500 and transom hardware.

Tony - Am I missing something, a party cove on Lake Mac? Good luck with the tank replacement.

Poodle - I think I got a nice overhead shot of your Bertram when I launched off a wave. :eek:

A little bumpy but a great day on the water!

- Jeff

roadtrip se
07-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Put your finger in the air, make a wild *** guess, and hope they sign you up for a long term contract, so you can continue to be wrong all the time! I think a gypsy with a glass ball would have better percentages!

Thanks Jeff and his father Dale for hosting us. Lake Michigan won today, but we went after her twice and nothing fell off, so the fun factor was definitely there.

I got a real kick of all of the "offshores" idling out to circle around to the beach and drop a hook! Doubt they even got up on plane. We certainly didn't see any of them out crushing waves!

We'll be back for more. Thanks again and we'll see you next weekend, when we terrorize St. Clair!

Todd
"Looking for a ZR for that next trip out on the big water!"