PDA

View Full Version : Can a donzi do this ?? A Baron can

baddassbaron
07-16-2004, 08:47 AM
In calm water.....

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4383&stc=1&thumb=1 (http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4383)

Ranman
07-16-2004, 08:51 AM
Looks to me like she has a porpoising problem. Donzis are much more stable. :D . :D

Mr X
07-16-2004, 08:53 AM
In calm water.....

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4383&stc=1&thumb=1 (http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4383)

This on can and is a world champion!

David Ochs
07-16-2004, 08:56 AM
That's unfortunate, perhaps you have a trim situation. There are lots of knowledgeable folks here that can help solve your problem. Good luck, I hope you can get it fixed.

baddassbaron
07-16-2004, 08:57 AM
1. Porpoise what.... (smoking the boat behind it)

2. Takes a world Champion to do that (looks like there is some chop to)

Mr X
07-16-2004, 09:02 AM
1. Porpoise what.... (smoking the boat behind it)

2. Takes a world Champion to do that (looks like there is some chop to)

A Baron cant do this!

baddassbaron
07-16-2004, 09:07 AM
Now thats what is to like ! - Speed. Where are these fast little donzi's. My big brother Cig will give you a run.All Fun.......

baddassbaron
07-16-2004, 09:13 AM
91 mph out of Mistress, and not done yet (whipples soon...)Right now, calm water Baron......

Last Tango
07-16-2004, 09:19 AM
I believe we have some excellent footage on this site somewhere of JKeefe and SpeedRacer in his 6 cyl 16C doing that and better in flat water at Lake Eufaula, with Tomahawk providing color(ful) commentary while shooting that footage.

Mr X
07-16-2004, 09:25 AM
This water looks calm........

Richard McCoy
07-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Whats a Baron? Vets,Donzis,HDs in that order. Whats a Baron?

Cuda
07-16-2004, 10:39 AM
I was going to ask the same question, what's a Barron?

Bigbroadjumper
07-16-2004, 10:41 AM
BAB, are you saying that your Baron allways runs with about 8" of hull in that water? How much hull is in the water when it is choppy? Just the OD? :biggrin:

Marlin275
07-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Can a Baron smoke your shorts off?
Water looks calm to me!
No world champion here?
Baron what?

http://www.donzi.net/photos/rstrones72.jpg

Richard McCoy
07-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Lund Boat Co. Been in boat building about 50 years. A tough but not a great icom. Mostly fish and ski and sport fishing.Barron 21ft. 10in. 3150lbs 80 gal fuel different powers. Nice fishing boats.

1996Z15
07-16-2004, 12:14 PM
What he said.

mattyboy
07-16-2004, 12:19 PM
move it to the baron section, or the I should stop smokin the ganja before I had my morning coffee section :tongue: :eek: :p hehehehe

Matty

boldts
07-16-2004, 12:28 PM
Going to be an interesting weekend on St.Clair next weekend. Is that supercharged Hornet and supercharged 22 Classic still up there in MI?

Baron + Sunsation + Donzi = A gathering not to be missed!

boldts
07-16-2004, 12:47 PM
Just a few from my collection. :biggrin.: Hummmm. Won't open..... Sorry, guess the little shot will have to do. You get the idea though.

Speed-Racer
07-16-2004, 12:52 PM
a barron???......riiiiight

Ah yes good times.....porpoising in part is what makes a 16' so fun at first, you can launch the boat out of the water with the right timing, throttle, and without trim tabs :shades:

Tomahawk has seen it :p ......Where is that video...

Marlin that's my favorite photo! It's my screen saver!

Marlin275
07-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Methinks this should be in the "other" boats section.. Should I move it??

The other Scott

Board Bastage :D :D

This is Donzi Performance VS what?
a fishing boat company!

RedDog
07-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Even a Donzi Dog can do that...

http://www.donzi.net/photopost/data/500/408reddog.jpg

Ranman
07-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Ooooh, I didn't see you were from Michigan. Bring that bad ass Baron to the MADCOW gathering on St. Clair next weekend and we'll see what you're made of.

Seroiusly though, bring it on down, we ain't picky.

rayjay
07-16-2004, 03:14 PM
OOPS, meant to move it to the fishing forum.. My Bad :D :D

OOoooo. Power has its perks! And absolute power has its absolute.... rj

Ed Donnelly
07-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Went to go to the Baron Registry to look at some other fine examples of their boats. Gee couldn't find it. Anyone know??..Ed

baddassbaron
07-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Took all day and finally getten some responses out of you Donzi luvers. Also getting a little excitement on the posts instead of the usual.... Always someone faster thats what make this all fun. Ranman - If not there with Badass for the weekend thing will be there in the CIG (smoking any Donzi).
MADPOODLE- Geoos - little eighteen does over 90 hmmmm? (doubt it) , and Baron is no Lund boat. HP600SC - awesome pics. Richard McCOY/ Cuda - "whats a Baron" -In front of you.
MARLIN275 / BOLDTS - now thats some serious shi...pictures however No Lund boat like a Baron.
Bring on the rough water (the real fun begins) and will take on any Donzi. Can scoot around all day on flat water with a 16 or 18

To cool, alot of laughs, always something faster, and a little lively. Be safe !

Cuda
07-16-2004, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=baddassbaron]Richard McCOY/ Cuda - "whats a Baron" -In front of you.
QUOTE]

My next question would be, do I have to drive all the way to Michigan to see one of these fine boats in front of me?

Cuda
07-16-2004, 06:49 PM
I found a picture of one, really not a bad looking boat. Is the one in the picture you posted outboard powered?

Team Hula Girl
07-16-2004, 11:28 PM
In calm water.....

It appears to me that the picture was taken from a boat that was in FRONT of your Baron............my guess is the photographer was in a Donzi!!!!!!!!

J Mitch

mattyboy
07-17-2004, 08:20 AM
Baron you're right Geoo's boat doesn't do 90 anymore!!!! :yes:
and don't let them tell ya that Rootsy's 16 isn't a solid mid 70's boat too :yes:

Oh yee of little faith

and let me put it this way
comparing a Donzi to a Baron is well like
having sex with a Pam Anderson look a like
It may feel good but you know it ain't the real thing and it is surely nothing to brag about !! :tongue:

I thought all Barons were red????

Matty ;)

I have seen the light,

ChromeGorilla
07-17-2004, 08:30 AM
You might not think that GEOO's little 18 is legit or would spank your brother most likely, ....but appearantly Arneson thinks enough of it to feature it on their website......Arneson Surface drives (http://www.arneson-industries.com/Kool%20Boats.htm) . Now that your jaw is on the floor pay homage to MIGHTY MOUSE! lol :yes:

slick
07-17-2004, 08:59 AM
Speed is all relative.......................................... ................
Donzi has been a Cool boat for 40 years now and I have finally acheived a life long dream of owning one(make that two), Baron looks like just another fine boat but Everything attached to Donzi says So Much More, I have Never Ever seen a Baron Girl.............................................. ...... :smileybo:
Your Mama BaddA.................... :biggrin.:

baddassbaron
07-17-2004, 09:40 AM
See Cuda, Pretty nice boat
Hula Girl , the person couldnt beleive was beating the boat (had to capture it - kodak moment)
' Cigarette ' World Champion - Realy nothing else that matters.
. If you have the money spend it ! (life is to short, kinda like a 16)
Mattyboy, where are you coming from? Donzi and sex, its just like anything else, there is a million of them out there ( " just all the same ") Baron only 158 made, something very special (just like that something you have never had before), apparently you, well I want go down there...
Not hard to make a 16 or 18 go fast (arneson review) practically half your body sticks out when driving

Lets hit the waves, thats where it happens.
Slick, Baron looks and handles like no other

ToonaFish
07-17-2004, 11:05 AM
I really must check my calendar. Is it time for the Winter Trolls already?

Bunches,

Celene "I'd bet the farm on GEOO"

Dr. Dan
07-17-2004, 02:12 PM
:bonk: Liz where is that PoPCorn anyway....make it Kettle Corn....this is gonna be Schweet!

Doc of the Bay :wavey:

txtaz
07-17-2004, 02:50 PM
I agree Doc, but I'll have cheez-its....Hey get your own box.
:)

baddassbaron
07-17-2004, 06:14 PM
All good boaters and good fun, people who dont boat dont know what there missing (this kinda fun). Its good to see and write this kinda fun stuff, and get some of these posts ' moving ' a little. I will be back,with more badazz pictures, but always in front of a little Donzi, and yes I know there is always something faster......., will just get in the Cig . Do dig Donzi's but first time in a BARON will change your minds - it happend to me. See ya on the water, stay tuned for more.

Formula Jr
07-17-2004, 09:06 PM
If the boat makes you happy........enuff said. Barons were cool boats. As were alot of others........... Meet us, in some big waves, and run that day till you feel exhustied. The Door is open. Have fun.

RedDog
07-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Tuna, good observation

I kinda like this post - that is pretty boat. Just like not liking the Baron-tude

Fish boy
07-18-2004, 12:43 AM
bring your brother's boat cause my brother's boat can beat up your brother's boat and it is infinity times faster! How is bliss anyway, I always wanted to know? ;)

BTW, I would like to get in on Madpoodle's $100 bet regarding GEOO's 18.... that is if you are willing to back up the trash you talk. :)

MADPOODLE- Geoos - little eighteen does over 90 hmmmm? (doubt it)!

BUIZILLA
07-18-2004, 07:48 AM
BTW, I would like to get in on Madpoodle's $100 bet regarding GEOO's 18.... that is if you are willing to back up the trash you talk. :)
I'll see Poodle's and Fish's $100 each and raise it to $1000... don't worry boys, the payback will be the same percentage :wink:

JH

I just luv a non-losing investment :shades:

baddassbaron
07-18-2004, 08:35 AM
No trash talkin here, just good old make ya smile, smerk, well just a little cant wait to beat em kinda talk. Its all in ya (the need for speed). Was buying the Donzi like Red dogs until took a ride in the Baron. Madcow will be fun, and hope all come back,lotsa fast Sunsations here in there home state. What a great weekend its going to be

marcdups
07-18-2004, 08:37 AM
I know it is only 9:30, but Bacardi gold and coke in hand and HOT POP CORN with extra butter, can I get in on this $$$$$ chest that the Baron has in his chest for us !!!! Please :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

Rootsy
07-18-2004, 09:57 PM
Baron you're right Geoo's boat doesn't do 90 anymore!!!! :yes:
and don't let them tell ya that Rootsy's 16 isn't a solid mid 70's boat too :yes:

Oh yee of little faith

and let me put it this way
comparing a Donzi to a Baron is well like
having sex with a Pam Anderson look a like
It may feel good but you know it ain't the real thing and it is surely nothing to brag about !! :tongue:

I thought all Barons were red????

Matty ;)

I have seen the light,

COUGH COUGH... don't let rootsy tell ya he didn't open the 16 up ONE good time after the SS went back together ;) i don't think i've reset the GPS since then... make that a solid 80 mph 16 :eek!:

now... if that baron really wants to put some bling down i have access to this :yes: i just need an XR and shortie to have a prayer of handling the end results.. :cool:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4448

oh yeah.. in current setup i can hop the 16 right out of the water so that you can see the 4 blade... and i believe doug L can do the same in his 18 :biggrin:

i ain't skeeered of BIG waves.. just ask the MADCOWS... here freighter freighter freighter :beer:

JR - utilizer of 12 inches of 16 1/2 feet ;)

harbormaster
07-19-2004, 05:03 AM
Hey Badassbaron,

Lets see more pictures of your boat.

mattyboy
07-19-2004, 07:13 AM
Jamie,
sorry I was not up on the latest updates on the 16 ;)
80's !!! friggin AAAAAAA bubba

Matty

baddassbaron
07-19-2004, 08:39 AM
Geos video is awesome as is the boat, as all the boats that make speed most specifically in the rough water stuff (thats were its the funnist).

Harbormaster - more pics of the baron are coming, still doing a couple tweeks. The boat, when driving feels like total control, like riding a dirtbike or a snowmbile especially in rough water. I will 'take on ' most in the rough stuff, where others will back down its to cool. We like it rough on the great lakes.....

Marlin275
07-19-2004, 09:43 AM
In calm water..........

I will 'take on ' most in the rough stuff, where others will back down its to cool. We like it rough on the great lakes.....

First calm water challenge.
Now rough...
You're not sure. . . right now are you!

Donzi will take you down in anything!

Donzi Di
07-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Okay - just had to chime in here.

Geoo's boat does go over 100 - I was in it when we hit 113 on Lake George.

Here is a shot after that day where he hit 120.

Someone owes some money!!!! :) :)

Marlin275
07-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Okay
Here is a shot after that day where he hit 120.

Di no oil pressure on that gauge?

olredalert
07-19-2004, 01:17 PM
----------Go back thru other messages as this has been covered!.........Bill S

Donzi Di
07-19-2004, 01:18 PM
It is actually kind of cool - he has a "snap-shot" mechanism on it so that once he stops, he can find out how fast he actually went.

FASTGIRL
07-19-2004, 02:32 PM
Hi BAB

What year is you boat? Who makes other boats that look like yours or the Donzi Classic?

38ZR
07-19-2004, 03:48 PM
Here's you a little love BaroN

TERRENCE
07-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Hey Baron
Do you live by metro beach? if so I think I saw you out the other day.

roadtrip se
07-19-2004, 04:53 PM
And all I thought I was going to be hunting at the MADCOW event was Sunsations. Now there will be a "Baron", with a big target on it! C'mon out, the waters warm. And leave the brother's Cig at home, we want to see that ultra-rare Donzi killer run! Show us what you got...

Todd
"Always time for a few victims looking for character building experiences!"

Greg K
07-19-2004, 06:03 PM
I think BAB is looking for a little help now.. :smash:
http://www.speedwake.com/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20954

baddassbaron
07-20-2004, 08:18 AM
Harbormasters / Moderators - you owe me, look what your getting..... Fastgirl - unlike alot of boats, rarely will you find a Baron (1978) for sale, once you have one, it will staaaaaay in the family (Donzi 22 / Powerquest 18.5 probably the closest)
Getting close to being out near Metro, musta been out in the Cig. (always looking to improve (Im sure others will agree - Greg K)
Sunsation users looking at this will be waiting (be careful Donzis)

Poker running it tomorrow.........

DonziChick
07-20-2004, 01:37 PM
You know, I've read this whole thread and from what I can tell you're just a lot of talk Baron. We love our Donzis, which you should have already known by looking at the site. The harbormaster doesnt owe you anything for "getting people to talk" or stirred up or whatnot. I've been on this site for over 3 years (though I dont post much) and there has never been a lack of posting around here.

I guess the long and short of it is, put up or shut up. Its great that you love your boat but if you're going to brag about it, dont use a Cig to back up what you're saying. A Cig certainly isnt a Baron. There's always going to be a faster boat out there somewhere, but there's a few boats on this board that I would bet anything on that would take yours (namely geoo's and rootsy's). Also, looking at the hull of a Baron, it isnt as deeply cut as the Donzi's so I would be willing to be that it wont handle in rougher water like a Donzi will.

Anyway, I guess I'm just tired of hearing you prattle about how great it is to get people stirred up.

Doug L.
07-20-2004, 02:07 PM
Yea, what she said,
Hey I can do that, :cool: but all the time see!!!!!!!

Bigbroadjumper
07-20-2004, 02:13 PM
I also agree with DonziChick.

Fish boy
07-20-2004, 05:14 PM
Right on Girl!!! I think I am in love! LOL

1996Z15
07-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Exactly, talk is cheap. Bring your Cigarette and your Baron and I bet neither one of them can hang with "Mighty Mouse" or Rootsy's boat.
I think everyone has heard enough of your big talk, now it's time to show us what you got. Otherwise....beat it!

Rootsy
07-20-2004, 06:58 PM
no running for me at this given moment for i have a sterndrive in pieces... there WILL be another time and place though... til then RT will have to hold down the fort in that 80+ 22 of his... now that he has those reenforced seat bases i expect that red rocket to show em how it's done :D

think 4 blade todd... in big water... you have NOTHIGN to worry bout ;)

as a matter of fact... lets recap what you will be competing with...

an 18 scorpion capable of 74 - 75ish
an 18 corsican capable of 70+ i bet
a 22 classic w/ HP500 capable of 80+
another 18 classic with a little wimpy 350 capable of oh 79 - 80ish
an 18 classic BONE STOCK that can run 72ish
sam 16 that'll surprise ya at 73ish
my 16 that runs pretty good when i can keep gears in it.
maybe the 18 corsican with the 427 side oiler ford V-drive will come out to play????

and you don't even wanna know what else.. your cig best hope a 38ZR doesn't show... cause i am pretty sure that a pair of 525 efi's will put her in the 90's.... :D

happy trails... hope the baron can handle jumping wakes...

JR

Donzigo
07-20-2004, 08:06 PM
Most old DONZI boats are eventually restored, then loved by their owners forever. Ever wonder what happens to old BARON boats?..............sorry about poking fun at you, just had to join the fun. Your boat looks nice. Glad to see you stir up trouble. We need to get the dogs in the pound barking now & then.

DonzigoJR
07-21-2004, 08:32 AM
Donzigo, I have been waiting for this picture to come-out.

I certainly dont have room to talk about performance against BARON but that is simply because I spend more time on my DONZI in the hot Florida sun. Instead of looking at my boat in a garage dreamin about what things I want to make up.

As many people on this site have said "bring it dont sing it." For all we know that might not even be your boat. Or if it is your just upset that you x-wife took your Donzi and left you with a sorry ass Baron.....Thats worse then getting you #(@& Chopped off.

I have much faith in my donzi owners to woop your ass!!!! Oh and dont forget who made cigarette....hmmm was it the same guy as Donzi....who the hell made a baron and what Ghetto can I see some kids swimming in one :fire:

All in good fun stay boating and keep :beer: just dont be :angryfire if you get beat by a Donzi.....

boldts
07-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Hummmmm...... Don't recall seeing this BadAss Baron over the weekend...... Maybe it was a little chilly for ya? Probably just plain to ruff to run the boat. Sorry you missed us. We had a great time on the lake and the Gauntlet is a place to be seen at least once! Awwwwwwwww SH*********

marcdups
07-26-2004, 05:06 PM
Poodle, am also waiting on the pics from that " baddazzmoron", sp sorry, was he that far behind for the MADCOW meet last week end, or did his rear end fall off the YUGO :shocking: :shocking: he was trying to get it to the lake with :alligator :cistineb: .
Guess "DONZI" TAKES THE :checkered :checkered :checkered AGAIN!!!

GO DONZI!! :cistineb: :cistineb:

DonziChick
07-26-2004, 05:09 PM
Badassbaron was no where to be found all weekend...

Rather odd wouldnt you say? And come to think of it... I havent seen him post on this thread in quite awhile... :rolleyes:

Voodoocanoe
07-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Some interesting reading over here.........http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83687

baddassbaron
07-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Well.....hope all was fun playing (and safe, little wavy) on Lake St. Clair. This is a great place to boat as most will agree with some of the best boaters around (with all different types of boats). Little rough sarcasm out there though ? - hunting, popcorn eating, going deep (oops, meant deeply cut V), others talking about rootsy & Mighty mouse (and thats cool to brag), people waiting to chirp in (a junior that is, with junior like comments). Us Michiganders (and probaly others to) dont dig the ghetto comments (we are good boaters and will compliment all boats, and yes Donzi is a cool boat (and we have the gauntlet as well)Some of us just cant wait to see the responses ie. - hello,hello, plus cant forget about the Dchick (it figures)and than theres the last foul language one -bmoron, wont stoop that low, just sooo proud of the little gps gage. (should be).
This is a great site, with many baddass boats (need for speed is awesome), it was a bummer that the Baron was down as well as the Cig, but still managed to get out and have fun as what this is realy all about (and some fun barking too....

Ed Donnelly
07-26-2004, 09:44 PM
MadPoodle; He was having cam problems with his I/O, so he threw the outboard on so he could go out and do some Donzi slaying.But as luck would have it, he just built way too much horsepower in the outboard, and, blew the lower unit off.We are just so lucky that happened, otherwise he would have blown by all the Donzis at 140 M.P.H. ...Ed

DonziChick
07-27-2004, 06:44 AM
Well.....hope all was fun playing (and safe, little wavy) on Lake St. Clair. This is a great place to boat as most will agree with some of the best boaters around (with all different types of boats). Little rough sarcasm out there though ? - hunting, popcorn eating, going deep (oops, meant deeply cut V), others talking about rootsy & Mighty mouse (and thats cool to brag), people waiting to chirp in (a junior that is, with junior like comments). Us Michiganders (and probaly others to) dont dig the ghetto comments (we are good boaters and will compliment all boats, and yes Donzi is a cool boat (and we have the gauntlet as well)Some of us just cant wait to see the responses ie. - hello,hello, plus cant forget about the Dchick (it figures)and than theres the last foul language one -bmoron, wont stoop that low, just sooo proud of the little gps gage. (should be).
This is a great site, with many baddass boats (need for speed is awesome), it was a bummer that the Baron was down as well as the Cig, but still managed to get out and have fun as what this is realy all about (and some fun barking too....

Excuse me? Last I check you were the one wanting to stir things up a bit. Go a bit beyond your expectations? And I will admit I find it VERY coincidental that both of your boats were broken the weekend that we were all getting together.

:rolleyes:

Fish boy
07-27-2004, 07:38 AM
Excuse me? Last I check you were the one wanting to stir things up a bit. Go a bit beyond your expectations? And I will admit I find it VERY coincidental that both of your boats were broken the weekend that we were all getting together.

:rolleyes:

maybe he was not allowed to take out dad's cig, or mom's baron. Ha!

Fish

mattyboy
07-27-2004, 09:56 AM
I think he read one too many Peanut comics as a kid!! :tongue:

Matty

baronmarine
11-01-2004, 09:42 PM
i must say i just read this hole baron thread and it is something. i have a baron myself and what a ball those boats are i've owned mine since 1985. i think i meet badassbaron in the late 80's a friend of mine bought a baron from two brothers on lake st clair. i must say i have beat a lot of donzi's and other boats with mine and i have been beat by a lot of boats but i'll race anyone win or lose because i just love it. sorry to start this one again!

ps: my wife hates the baron she will only go out in our 28' offshore

DonziChick
11-02-2004, 06:34 AM
This thread certainly is something. Although we all (obviously) love Donzis, we have nothing against Barons. That was one interesting guy.

Fish boy
11-02-2004, 08:07 AM
hey baronmarine,
welcome to the boards. :smile: I second what donzichick said, baron's are neat boats... the tone of this thread was more about the messenger than the message. many of us have boats other than donzi's and appreciate pretty much anything with a hull and prop. Its all about good times, and good people.

fish

baronmarine
11-02-2004, 11:18 AM
thankyou for the kind words. i seconded what fish boy said if it has a prop & hull and don't forget the tail pipes we love it. i remember being on lake michigan in the mid 70's with my parents and i saw 2 18 footers together and that has it for me i has hooked. hope you all have a good winter and if anyone is heading to lake michigan this next season give us a call its great to meet new people who enjoy hot rod boats. we'll have one of the boats out but if its the baron the wife won't be there.

Sam
11-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Far be it for me to pass judgement on another boat but I just did a Google search for "Baron" boats. Hmmmmmmm..............zip, zero,nothing :shocking:. I guess they don't make them anymore, go figure :confused:.

Sam :wink:

Rootsy
11-02-2004, 06:33 PM
Far be it for me to pass judgement on another boat but I just did a Google search for "Baron" boats. Hmmmmmmm..............zip, zero,nothing :shocking:. I guess they don't make them anymore, go figure :confused:.

Sam :wink:

wow... long time no post there SNIPER... :smash: :moped:

J Von Snoopy

Sam
11-02-2004, 07:14 PM
One shot, one kill.

Sam :mad:

baronmarine
11-02-2004, 07:25 PM
they stop building barons in the early 80's sold the molds to powerquest ( powerplay ) at the time. they shorten it to 18' 4" and made the cockpit bigger move the fuel tank to the front personal they killed the boat. they sold it as a powerplay xlt 185 nice boat but never compaired to the baron. the baron was moldeled after the donzi 20' hornet a friend of mines brother designed and build them in grand rapids,mi build around 55 mine is # 48

baronmarine
11-02-2004, 07:36 PM
there also was a 26' baron i think they made 5 or 6 not to many a friend of mine here in west michigan has one with a single big block / surface drive. a company out of holland mi got a hold of those molds and sold them as bandits and also sold the deck and hulls to centry and they rigged and sold them as a 26' marage poor build on those's. i hope this answers some questions.

Sam
11-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Thanks ! I love history.

:wink:

Formula Jr
11-27-2004, 07:17 PM
"the baron was moldeled after the donzi 20' hornet a friend of mines brother designed and build them in grand rapids,mi build around 55 mine is # 48"

Are you sure about that Baron Marine?

Is it 19 or 24 deadrise? Remember that the Hornet isn't a True Deep Vee design; its a semi Vee, warped hull design.

baddassbaron
11-29-2004, 08:02 AM
Fromula Jr.
How do you like your baron ?. I too have been in contact with old builders and will ask question regarding deadrise. He also had many other intersting comments, incluing he bought back one of my first ones. The Baron goes on...........

"the baron was moldeled after the donzi 20' hornet a friend of mines brother designed and build them in grand rapids,mi build around 55 mine is # 48"

Are you sure about that Baron Marine?

Is it 19 or 24 deadrise? Remember that the Hornet isn't a True Deep Vee design; its a semi Vee, warped hull design.

baronmarine
12-07-2004, 09:04 PM
formula jr: the baron is only designed after the old 20' donzi in looks / style. baron's are 19' long with a true 24 degree bottom and a round keel, i modified the bottom of mine the vee goes down to a 3' long x 3" wide pad. mine is also setup with a arnison #6 surface drive, borg warner trans, full hyd steering and 18" tabs. does not get the bow lift a merc i/o package does but is very balanced for ruff water. pretty neat package and very reliable.

baronmarine
12-07-2004, 09:14 PM
hey badassbaron
i don't think your old baron got into the deiphouse's hands. a girl i know in grand rapids,mi got yours it's now on the west coast somewhere (california)

baronmarine
12-08-2004, 06:20 AM
formula jr
two more facts the baron deck looks a lot like the old 28' bertram baron, which i did see a picture of one on this site one time and thats were dave d got the name

Walt. H.
12-09-2004, 01:39 AM
The Baron has just been spotted again running flat out and bare balls to the wall, check him out as he flys by a reporter. :rlol: :eek:

Walt :wavey:

marcdups
12-09-2004, 07:02 PM
:shocking: :eek: :party:

goatee
12-10-2004, 12:29 PM
anything baron can do, donzi can do better!

na na nana na

RedDog
12-12-2004, 08:55 PM
how many of us saw a Donzi as a kid and decades later made one part of our lives. If I had seen a Baron that could have happened, but then I've never seen a Baron so I'll never know.

goatee
12-12-2004, 09:38 PM
i think i was around 8.
the 22's would be a few years before anyone would see them but,,
i was hooked!! it's shape, the lines,, course at 8 i didnt know anything exept i liked it!! to me , it was the ultimate sport/fast boat. since then i have always had a special place in my heart for the classics. still do not own one ,,,yet!!
but they will always be apart of me.

i do understand what you're saying though..
at 8 years old,, what if some guy pulled up in a ,,, ??? whatever.....not knowing anything about boats, and being as impressionable as i'm sure i was,,, this little fetish of mine could be
about almost any other boat. :boat:

nahhhhhhhhhhh...........IT'S GOTTA BE A DONZI!!!! :anchor:

baddassbaron
12-13-2004, 02:55 PM
Donzi's are nice (no doubt), theres a million of them out there to have gotten right.
Some of us just like a classic (Baron)

DonziChick
12-14-2004, 10:03 AM
I agreee, the Baron should come to an event.

I would like to take a moment to point out that he stated it! :p Do I sound like a 4 year old yet? :rlol: :biggrin.:

baddassbaron
12-14-2004, 10:38 AM
I agreee, the Baron should come to an event.

I would like to take a moment to point out that he stated it! :p Do I sound like a 4 year old yet? :rlol: :biggrin.:
I plan on coming sooner or later - still fine tuning (two boats and a family). You have to admit this has brought some laughs with all of us - just good fun. Its fun to liven things up a little, and so what if want to act like a kid again once and while (havent ya ever been to Vegas ?). Come on we are all good people - we are boaters !

Jraysray
12-14-2004, 10:41 AM
I plan on coming sooner or later - still fine tuning (two boats and a family). You have to admit this has brought some laughs with all of us - just good fun. Its fun to liven things up a little, and so what if want to act like a kid again once and while (havent ya ever been to Vegas ?). Come on we are all good people - we are boaters !
Your killing me baron! Almost sucked me in to the rant/raving session.:mad:
Very entertaining:rlol:

baddassbaron
12-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Your killing me baron! Almost sucked me in to the rant/raving session.:mad:
Very entertaining:rlol:
See.....gotcha to laugh (one way or another) !

LGMAZ
01-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Here's a Bertram for ya :shocking:
http://secure.offshoreonly.com/geoclassifieds/classifieds.php?a=2&b=3203

baronmarine
01-03-2005, 07:22 PM
????

vrod02
01-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Nice boat did they,Baron, buy that mold from bayliner?:lightning

LGMAZ
01-04-2005, 12:16 PM
I thought we were talking Bertram Barons :confused:

vrod02
01-05-2005, 08:14 AM
[QUOTE] Donzi's are nice (no doubt), theres a million of them out there to have gotten right.
Some of us just like a classic (Baron) .
:smash: Is your other ride a vega or corvair?

Sam
01-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Touch'e ! :jestera:

vrod02
01-05-2005, 11:52 PM
i forgot to ask does your "classic" street rod have 20 inch rims?:smash:

baronmarine
01-12-2005, 08:05 PM
i need 20" rims on my trailer, to cool

baronmarine
01-12-2005, 08:08 PM
LGMAZ: i saw that bertram at smoke on the water poker run grand haven,mi last summer. that is a great looking boat they did a nice job on the resto

baronmarine
04-17-2005, 10:09 PM
ok it's been in the 70's here in michigan for the last week. baddassbaron are you in the water yet. the twins and i went today in the 28.

todd

baddassbaron
04-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Baronmarine

85 yesterday in Michigan, and motor is just being fine tuned. Taking off to Florida tomorrow. Hoping on a Cig in Ft.Lauderdale and heading further South (really not sure where we will end up), going on a major excursion. Hopefully upon return, motor will be done and launching soon.

Stay tuned

ok it's been in the 70's here in michigan for the last week. baddassbaron are you in the water yet. the twins and i went today in the 28.

todd

33 crossbow
04-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Baronmarine

85 yesterday in Michigan, and motor is just being fine tuned. Taking off to Florida tomorrow. Hoping on a Cig in Ft.Lauderdale and heading further South (really not sure where we will end up), going on a major excursion. Hopefully upon return, motor will be done and launching soon.

Stay tuned

HEY BADASSBARON, I was a bit suprised at the confidince on being able to beat any DONZI. I JUST HOPE YOU WON'T GET SCARED AND RUN HOME, when I pass you turning my twin 625hp big blocks at 6000 rpm with 5" custom dry pipes all the way out. Or i could say I hope the Baron or the Cig, dont get scared......... Just thought I would through a liiiittttlllle bit of the cockyness back at you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:fire: All this "boat bashing" I still have not seen any real good boat or engine / drive pics posted. (check out all the pics I have posted of the 33 under : 33 crossbow

Thanks, TIM
PS: lets play out on Lake St. Clair some time................. :cool:

Rootsy
04-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Ahh, the best laid plans of meeeces and men :D :D :D

Saturday:
Periods of rain and snow. Windy. Colder. High 38F. Winds NNW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of precip 90%. Wet snow accumulating up to one inch.
Saturday night:
Windy with snow of varying intensity. The snow is more likely to accumulate late. Low around 30F. Winds NW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 4 to 7 inches of snow expected. http://www.intellicast.com/images/10day/CURVE.gif
38 °F

30 °F

3°C

-2°C
http://www.intellicast.com/images/10day/sunday.gif Sunrise: 6:39 am UV Index: 4, Moderate Sunset: 8:27 pm
Moonrise: 9:09 pm Phase: Waning Gibbous Moonset: 6:38 am
Averages and Records for Apr 24 (http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USLocalStd.asp?loc=usmict16726&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=HistoricWeather&product=ClimateData&prodnav=0424&pid=none) http://www.intellicast.com/images/icons/83_wtext.jpg http://www.intellicast.com/images/10day/hightemps_3.gif http://www.intellicast.com/images/10day/lowtemps_3.gif Sunday:
Periods of snow with gusty winds at times. Cold. High near 40F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 4 to 6 inches of snow expected.
Sunday night:
Snow in the evening, with continued snow showers overnight. Low 31F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Some snow accumulation possible. http://www.intellicast.com/images/10day/CURVE.gif
40 °F

31 °F

4°C

-1°C
http://www.intellicast.com/images/10day/monday.gif Sunrise: 6:37 am UV Index: 5, Moderate Sunset: 8:28 pm
Moonrise: 10:26 pm Phase: Waning Gibbous Moonset: 7:05 am
Averages and Records for Apr 25 (http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USLocalStd.asp?loc=usmict16726&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=HistoricWeather&product=ClimateData&prodnav=0425&pid=none) http://www.intellicast.com/images/icons/79_wtext.jpg http://www.intellicast.com/images/10day/hightemps_3.gif http://www.intellicast.com/images/10day/lowtemps_3.gif Monday:
Mix of rain and snow showers. Highs in the upper 40s and lows in the upper 30s.
http://www.intellicast.com/images/10day/CURVE.gif
49 °F

39 °F

9°C

3°C

good weather:) gives me more time to formulate, plan and launch skunkworks galore :biggrin.:

JR - barons beware...

Likwidsukr
02-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Sorry did I open this one back up?

baronmarine
03-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Sorry did I open this one back up?
yes you did. so does badassbaron still have his boat and is he still around???? bring on the warm wheather. man this is a long winter.
todd

baddassbaron
04-15-2008, 08:37 PM
yes you did. so does badassbaron still have his boat and is he still around???? bring on the warm wheather. man this is a long winter.
todd

Look forward to another fun summer.

1969 baron
05-30-2008, 05:13 PM
pass the crack pipe

Badassbaron
09-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Back at it.....
Hope everyone has had some safe and fun ripping around the last couple years. Kids back in school, all a bit older and were are posts??84960

Carl C
09-01-2016, 09:06 AM
Best summer ever. Been out 29 times and still going!

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CARLC222/fun%20run%2016%20me_zps0ukzq5er.jpg (http://s763.photobucket.com/user/CARLC222/media/fun%20run%2016%20me_zps0ukzq5er.jpg.html)
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CARLC222/saginaw%20bay%20donzi%202_zpsatympccn.jpg (http://s763.photobucket.com/user/CARLC222/media/saginaw%20bay%20donzi%202_zpsatympccn.jpg.html)

Ralph Savarese
09-01-2016, 11:18 AM
In calm water.....

Mine can 84962

tmdog
09-02-2016, 03:18 AM
Best summer ever. Been out 29 times and still going!

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CARLC222/fun%20run%2016%20me_zps0ukzq5er.jpg (http://s763.photobucket.com/user/CARLC222/media/fun%20run%2016%20me_zps0ukzq5er.jpg.html)
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CARLC222/saginaw%20bay%20donzi%202_zpsatympccn.jpg (http://s763.photobucket.com/user/CARLC222/media/saginaw%20bay%20donzi%202_zpsatympccn.jpg.html)

Your co-driver. Is he the one sperming up your back seat?:)

Carl C
09-02-2016, 06:38 AM
Your co-driver. Is he the one sperming up your back seat?:)

lol. Yes. You can see his girlfriend's ponytail in the second pic. She's hot but crazy too!

Morgan's Cloud
09-02-2016, 01:36 PM
lol. Yes. You can see his girlfriend's ponytail in the second pic. She's hot but crazy too!

I think it's you wearing a clip on 'do' Now I'm wondering about the both of you .. lol :eek: :biggrin.:

(@ tm , I rarely spit my drink on the keyboard but you definitely got me there ! )

CHACHI
09-02-2016, 03:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU

Ken

Carl C
09-02-2016, 04:32 PM
Nah. Here's another shot. Note that I'm in front now.

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CARLC222/sag%20bay%20Hi%20res%202_zpsqfcfhh9b.jpg (http://s763.photobucket.com/user/CARLC222/media/sag%20bay%20Hi%20res%202_zpsqfcfhh9b.jpg.html)

bertsboat
09-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Even vent a Baby DONZI can do that....

In calm water.....