PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices!

Riley
04-25-2001, 07:51 AM
Hey guys, how is the price of gas looking in your neck of the woods? I fueled up the truck last night, and 89 octane is currently $1.86/gallon here in Cedarville. A good friend of mine works in the petroleum distribution business, and he told me last week that the price of regular 87 octane could approach $2.50 this summer. Ouch!! Since the gas at marina's here is always substantially higher, we'll be looking at $3/gallon for fuel at the dock. Looks like the Donzi will be getting towed to the local gas station a lot more this summer!

Ranman
04-25-2001, 08:07 AM
Riley, In Metro Detroit gas is around $1.70/gal of regular. Local news and AAA has predicted $3.00+/gal for the summer. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

DONZIMAN2
04-25-2001, 08:14 AM
Cheapest I saw yesterday was $1.53 a gallon for 89 Octane. 93 Octane was about $1.70. Last week it was $1.39. Gonna be an expensive summer at this rate.

Forrest
04-25-2001, 09:42 AM
I guess that I won't have to worry about wearing out the new 383s in my Magnum this summer. Bummer, big time. If that's the case, I'll be running my 302 Ford powered 16 Donzi more often. Most of all, I feel for those guys with boat powered by twin V6 outboards. The waterways will be empty, but the waterfront bars will be full!

------------------
Forrest

roadtrip2
04-25-2001, 04:50 PM
Just filled my diesel wagon at the truck stop for $1.37 per gallon. Been trying to figure out how that 502 would do on diesel. Probably not a good idea. Also working on acquiring a blackhawk edition. Yanmar, HMMMMMMMM....

Dr. Dan
04-25-2001, 09:12 PM
Pretty Broad Range, 87 @ $1.39 to $1.66, 89 @ $1.51 to $1.89 Sunoco...Doc

boldts
04-25-2001, 09:20 PM
For the Tahoe - Unleaded 87 $1.59/gal

For the Donzi - Unleaded 93 $1.89/gal or Sunoco Racing Fuel - 104 $4.00/gal http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

Stromer
04-25-2001, 09:25 PM
Looks like the mid-west may get screwed again! Tell the president that this industry does not need this right now!!!

Sarasota, FL - filled up the truck this AM at 1.57/gal of 87 and was 1.71 for 93.

RedDog
04-25-2001, 09:27 PM
BBC gas consumtion seems to be minimal compared to the 200 Johnson OB I had previously. It's all relative. I drive my truck 60 to 100 miles per day on average with a 15 to 18 MPG average. I can (will)stand the higher prices for the much needed, but too infrequent, excursions on the water.

Hold me back - I'm trying to stay away from it - but what it we had less government intervention in all of our lives. Less taxes, responsible oil exploration, renewable energy sources like nuclear power (it can be safe) - I had better .............

------------------
Reddog
mailto:tsfloyd@bigfoot.comtsfloyd@bigfoot.com</A>

Dr. Dan
04-26-2001, 05:24 AM
Reddog, I hear ya,I drive an average of 35,000 to 50,000 miles a year for work & that coupled with the BBC in the 22 and I am pretty certain I will have a higher petro bill this year to claim against my taxes. Oh well what goes up must come down, just look at the stock market or some of the air born Donzis? Hmmmm? Unfortunately it's all cash out of pocket any way you slice it...Doc

RickR
04-26-2001, 06:32 AM
Nobody believed me when I told them Genuine Trouble was economical. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Riley
04-26-2001, 07:29 AM
More cheerful new this morning....one of the morning news programs just said demand for gas was at an all-time high, supplies are very low, and we can continue to see skyrocketing gas prices thru the summer. Great, eh?

On top of that, they used two phrases that scare the hell out of me---"mandatory conservation"---and "rationing"!

I drive my truck 800-1000 miles a week for work, so this kind of talk makes me nervous.

Looped
04-26-2001, 07:42 AM
I really don’t understand why we get most of our crude oil & gas from overseas. We supposedly have more of an abundance of crude oil and gas up in Alaska than them anyway. What are we doing, waiting for the MiddleEast to run out so that we can turn around and charge them outrages price back to them with our private stash?

Craig

Forrest
04-26-2001, 10:51 AM
Supposedly, it's not for the lack of crude oil, but for the lack of US refinery capacity. To make matters worse, there was big fire the other day at a refinery in California which is suppose to affect gas prices nation wide.

------------------
Forrest

BERTRAM BOY
04-26-2001, 04:05 PM
I thought that the reason we didn't use our own oil was that we were saving it for "wartime" uses, you know, in case foreign oil can't be imported.....
BERTRAM BOY

Blewbyu
04-27-2001, 04:53 PM
http://www.donzi.net/ubb/mad.gif If you REALLY think there is a refinery shortage-watch the annual reports of Chevron and a couple of other biggies at the end of the year,and compare em to last year.It's embarassing the amount of $$$ they make.Wanna "wing" yer blood pressure some more-look at the Auto Insurance profit sheets.And the folks that had the fire at the AntiFreeze refinery a few years back.....made a barrel of $$$ that year.And the big biz guys can't even BEGIN to think on the same terms as GOVT !!!!!Since Gov't hasn't even the remotest interest in helping out the WHOLE WESTERN portion of the ol' US of A with the ENERGY thing(amazing that the population has grown out west ain't it),how it gonna get interested in gas prices going up?BTW-ennybuddy know iffn there's enny erl left under the ground in TEXAS???Cain't be worth much iffn there is.......

Formula Jr
04-29-2001, 01:07 AM
There's no logic to gas prices. You just have to pick a comfortable price and fill when ever you can. Last two trips (to MD and S. Cal) had pockets of 1.99 gas, but if you looked around you could find the real price. (1.47 - 1.70). Dock side gas has always been idioticly high. One price difference on 40 gal. buys ya a real nice jerry can. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

DONZIMAN2
04-29-2001, 04:02 PM
Gas prices dropped about .04 to the gallon. Hope it continues.

Edward Donnelly
04-29-2001, 10:38 PM
Let me make your day Toronto Canada,1 litre Sunoco Gold .94 cents a litre x 4 = 1 U.S.Gal Now convert Canadian to U.S.exchange=&gt;48 cents on the U.S. Dollar= $5.56 a U.S. Gal Have a nice day

Formula Jr
04-30-2001, 03:22 AM
Checked prices in Eugene today, $1.39 to $1.57 for regular. The independents - that are left - are the lowest. Odd how Oregon had the highest average price a few months ago, now we have the lowest.... or so the local media tells me. The few on the lake stations here that have water side gas typically markup 60 cents a gal. With a 30 gal tank thats an 18 dollar diff, and a casual dinner for two. When I find I'm in one of the high price pocket areas, I just get enough gas to get down the road alittle further - and if necessary dip into the jerry can. That really pays off in the long run. Saved about 200 bucks, last trip, doing this.

Len
04-30-2001, 03:49 PM
Ed Donnelly. I know it's bad, but it is not THAT bad yet. Your formula works out to $3.76 Canadian for a US gallon. That's about what it is here BUT it converts to about $2.50 US for a US gallon. Not $5 something US.

harbormaster
05-01-2001, 08:39 AM
A contribution from Gene Drago.....

http://www.donzi.net/gas.jpg

Riley
05-03-2001, 09:12 AM
Well, we got hit at the pumps again here in Northern Michigan....Last night I filled up in St. Ignace, $1.97/gallon for 89 octane! Regular was at $1.89, and Premium was $2.05. The guy at the station said they had a 12 cent increase overnight, and a 22 cent increase over the past week. Unbelievable!

jaroot
05-04-2001, 09:20 PM
$1.92/gallon down here in southern michigan... with mid at 2.02 and 92 up around 2.10... and the donzi only sees sunoco 94... ouch... (have the timing tweaked a tad, don't want to risk spark knock) It's a bunch of BS with the profits the oil companies are bringin in... i mean exxon mobile beat analyst estimates for the quarter by something like 26 cents/share... that is insane... i say we make the farmers rich and refine some corn... give the money to people who deserve it... I burned a few tanks of ethanol in my Ford 1/2 ton a year ago when i was in iowa... thing ran better than it ever has... and i picked up 3 mpg on my way home on it... plus it was 50 cents a gallon cheaper than 87 octane at the pump next to it and was rated at 94 octane... might have a fuel filter issue though... oh yeah.. gotta love that 37.9 cent state and federal tax per gallon here in michigan... wonder where all that dough goes... sure isn't into the roads... thank god i don't have any fillings i think they woulda fallen out by now on some of these eways.

JP BRESCIA
06-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Interesting how quick we get used to something.....

roadtrip se
06-13-2006, 04:25 PM
yet again...

For those of you who want to re-live the dream over again, here you go...

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44535&highlight=gas

Pismo
06-19-2006, 06:07 AM
$1.72 would be a dream.