PDA

View Full Version : A Good Dog

Formula Jr
07-15-2004, 03:09 PM
I have some bad news.
Puppy Dog (A.k.a. Donzi Dog Henry) ran in front of a large truck this early morning and was killed.
He died before I could get him to a Vet and he was with me at the end.
It was something I tried very hard to stop him from doing so it isn't
a complete surprise. He just really liked chasing cars. I don't blame the driver, he wasn't going fast. I'll bury him with all the other past pets sometime later today.
He had a good life for a pound puppy, filled with boats, high adventure and people that loved him. He will be missed.

Henry. 1995? - 2004

http://www.epud.net/%7Eowen/henryboat1.jpg

TuxedoPk
07-15-2004, 03:14 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

ChromeGorilla
07-15-2004, 03:14 PM
May Henry rest in peace. I truly feel your pain. I don't know what I would do without my dogs. Sorry to hear this.

Cuda
07-15-2004, 03:31 PM
My deepest condolences to you, believe me, I know how you feel. Get another one to love on as soon as you can.

McGary911
07-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Damn, that's terrible news. Losing a pet is crushing to people that really love animals. Like you said, a pound puppy that made good.....that's a great way to remember him. I always thought you had one of the coolest avitars because of your dog......sorry for your loss.......

Sport
07-15-2004, 04:06 PM
A true friend till the end ! Very sorry for your loss, I had to bury 3 over the years and it never gets easier, only more difficult. My dog sleeps with me every night in the bed, she (Deuce) is the best and is nicest to me in our house. R.I.P. Donzi Dog Henry. God Speed ! Bet ya he has a bone up in heaven in his mouth the size of Texas right now !

Sport

Last Tango
07-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Your love for him and his love for you were totally unconditional. A wonderful thing. I'm sorry he died they way he did, and I feel your pain. In a few weeks you will be ready to find another Lucky Dog, and he too will love you and give you the companionship you will otherwise miss. Dogs are a wonderful First Mate on your boat - the faster the better for them!

harbormaster
07-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Owen,
I have lost my large share of 4 legged buddies. Each of them was unique in their own right. I really think there is a special bond between a guy and his dog. God speed Henry.

Its amazing at how much room is always left in your heart for a new pup. I put my dog "Bud" down about 1 1/2 years ago. I was surprised 3 days later by some friends with an 8 week old choc Lab. It sure softened the hurt.

boxy
07-15-2004, 05:19 PM
R.I.P. Henry.
Owen, through your wonderful story-telling you have brought us closer to Henry, I'll miss his adventures, and I am sorry for your loss.

hardcrab
07-15-2004, 05:55 PM
man, my heart goes out to ya. my black lab, sammy boy, died feb. 7 this year at 12 1/2 yrs. old... sammy was also a pound dog. i got him at 9 mos old, never did he cause any type of problem. he loved everyone and everyone loved him. i miss him and i will be shopping at the pound again.

EricG
07-15-2004, 06:04 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Owen.... Henry was a great dog, and a true member of the Donzi family. With his both his ability to defy gravity in the Jr, and to remove port-hole screens with the greatest of ease....he truly left a mark on me.

R.I.P. Henry

-EG
Yup....real tears....

Formula Jr
07-15-2004, 06:37 PM
Thanks Guys,
Tonight there is a toast.
"Too Pound Dogs and Henry! You do not know what your going to get." And that is interesting.....

GKricheldorf
07-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Formula Jr,

I am really sorry to hear that. It seems some things pound puppies just do not learn. My dogs got out of our yard a few months ago. They actually chewed thru the chicken wire. They were gone for 4 days. My wife was so sad and i was too, just didn't let her know(someone had to be strong). We posted flyers all over. They finaly showed up at a local Starbucks. Both were injured. They slept for 2 days. On the 4th day they tried to get out again :fire: They just don't learn, but we love those damn mutts.

Cuda
07-15-2004, 07:01 PM
Was it on this forum that someone posted a story about man and dog? It went something like:

God put man on one side of a line, and all the other creatures of earth on the other, then caused the ground to open up a crevasse between them. At the last moment, dog jumped over to the man's side, and has been with him ever since.

Scott Heidt
07-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Thanks Guys,
Tonight there is a toast.
"Too Pound Dogs and Henry! You do not know what your going to get." And that is interesting.....

Here's to Henry!

RedDog
07-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Sorry Owen - I never met Henry but remember many posts you had mentioning him. A good dog that will be missed....

I'll tip a drink to him and scratch my dogs' ears in his memory tonight...

ToonaFish
07-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Oh, Owen. Oh.

He was a grand Donzi mascot. He was a grand character. He was just grand.

I am so sorry for your loss.

catch 22
07-15-2004, 08:51 PM
Owen, Sorry to hear about your loss. :frown:

roadtrip se
07-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Owen,

I always enjoyed your stories about Henry. Sounded like he was full of character and spirit. Hopefully, he's chasing trucks all day up there and maybe going for a boat ride or two...

Todd

Lenny
07-16-2004, 05:02 AM
Chatted with OWEN tonight, it is never easy, Mans' best Friend et all...Celene helped me through my last one...

Now, back with ANOTHER German Shepherd. :)

OWEN, finish up a 6 pack, go to the Pound (SPCA) ASAP on Friday morn, find a POUND PUP (< 1 yr) and bring it home and love it...That is what they are for...

CHEERS :) my condolences, and a happy future with your new pup...Take care :)

Walt. H.
07-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Owen,

I'm so sorry to hear about Henry, I to feel the loss and read all the previous posts with a tear in my eye. Aug, 5th 2001 I lost my "ShadowGirl" to cancer over a 6-month period of time wasting away to skin & bones, she was only 2-1/2 yr's old.
I never replaced her but I named my boat after her so her spirit could live on and she does, because every now and then I pick up the scent of a wet dog when i'm wiping the boat down. She never was in the boat while alive but she is there now and i'm sure "Henry" will be with you in your's because thats where he and you had the happiest times together I would imagine.

Time will soften your pain and friends will help you get through this, so hang in there.

Now I need a stiff drink,

Walt,

RickSE
07-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Owen,
Sorry for your loss. Loosing an old friend like that can be hard. I lost mine last year to canine diabetes, still hurts.

olredalert
07-16-2004, 10:46 AM
------Geez, Owen.......I can barely type. Even worse than usual. I also am incredibly sorry for your loss. After we had to say good-bye to our Bouvier, "Buckley" , Jan has somehow started concentrating on cats. They are great little guys but I still have an empty spot. Hope you can show us a pic of a new best friend soon!...........Bill S