PDA

View Full Version : Moving back to MI

Dredgeking
07-15-2004, 01:22 PM
We have made some sudden changes and are moving back to Mullet Lake, MI soon. We are leving behind some good friends here in TX, but this move will get us back near family and back to better boating. If any one is near the inland waterway let me know and we'll have to run the donzis soon. Ever since I bought my lil 16 i've been dying to get it on Mullet Lake and have it docked on the water.

harbormaster
07-15-2004, 01:42 PM
I bet you'll miss the Gulf Coast Mosquitos !

Dredgeking
07-15-2004, 02:25 PM
a couple weeks ago i was in Louisiana for a few days out in the swamps. the mosquitos were so thick i inhaled them. i'm suprised i don't have west nile growing all over me.

GKricheldorf
07-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Avon Skin So Soft is one of the best bug repellants around. It works wonders fending off no-see-ems, mosquitos and other biting bugs.

Dr. Dan
07-15-2004, 05:12 PM
:smash: That's a Beautiful area ...we camp at the State Park off of Burt Lake on Occassion....gorgeous water!...Plus you're close to Harbor Springs...one of my persaonal favorite towns!

Good Luck with the Move.

Doc :wavey:

Brad Lyon
07-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Welcome back to Michigan. Another MADCOW? And does this mean you will be changing your vote in the "Please Check In - By Region" from Gulf Coast to Great Lakes?

Brad

Sam
07-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Welcome back, let us know when you get settled.

Sam

:wavey:

Jerry Eisele
07-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Spent a week on Burt Lake two weeks ago, GREAT water. We spent some time in the Indian River area. We need a get together next year in that area. It was wonderful!!

Tomahawk
07-15-2004, 08:56 PM
DK - we'll be up there for about three weeks in August. Hanging out in Charlevoix and will be in Hessel for wooden boat show on Aug. 14. Will you be there yet?
Riley - want to have a burger and a beer?

Dredgeking
07-15-2004, 09:34 PM
YES, I NEED TO CHANGE MY REGION.thank god we didn't miss the hessel boat show. the new wife has never been. we just spent a week on mullet over the 4th ( awful weather) and i got an itch for a wooden
classic.

my ex wife is from the burt / indian river area. burt is a great lake. hell, there isn't a bad one up there.

:stan: the antique boat show would be a great get together. they should let donzis in the show or at least a side show.

great, i'm getting excited about coming back. all this work to get the house ready to sell had me down a bit, but you guys are pulling me back. thanks.

roadtrip se
07-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Fort Worth to Milford about a year ago. Just a bit of an adjustment, after 16 years in Texas. Still trying to sell a house off down there!

Welcome to the MADCOW!

Maybe once you get settled in up here, you can host a bunch of us Southeasters up for a run in your neck of the woods!

Todd

Tony
07-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Welcome back to the Great Lake State! I contacted the Wooden Boat Show people several years ago and they emphatically stated WOODEN boats only!

Dredgeking
07-15-2004, 11:55 PM
roadtrip, i was jealous when you made the move up north.

tony, do you still have the red 16? that is a great looking boat.

i bet there are enough donzi owners on the lakes that we could put together some fun.