PDA

View Full Version : Prop stuff please read!

MOP
07-15-2004, 06:17 AM
How many members have good contacts with prop manufacturers? My thought is I think the 1000 Island event will be one of the biggest in the Northeast. There are quite a few guys that would love to do some testing, it would be great if we could get a company or two to attend. It would also be good if we all brought a few for guys to try.

Phil

Tim Morris
07-15-2004, 11:09 AM
This is a heck of a good idea. I have no connections, but can bring an extra (the original) prop that came with my 350mag/Alpha 1 Minx for someone to have a go with.

When you mention that this will be the biggest in the northeast, any idea of how many will show?

My reservation is confirmed.

aleagles
07-15-2004, 11:36 AM
I'll be there with my '95 blackhawk and my 2000 22 classic. I have 2 extra sets for both for guys to try. OOps i almost for got, I've got one prop thats missing a blade!!! Will that matter. I also wanted to know who sets this up? I would love to have my house a stop on the run....

boxy
07-15-2004, 05:44 PM
aleagles, shoot me a line at sboxma@rogers.com . Let me know where your house is.
Take care

Extreme Measures
07-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Aleagles how freaking big is your dock?I think it would be a great idea to stop if its in the area Boxy will know.Can't wait to see everyone at the 1000 Islands rally Take Care.Extreme Measures. How close to Alex Bay are you Aleagles,We are there this weekend for a pokerrun on Saturday leaving A-Bay at 10:00 back at 3:30 to the Bonnie Castle for the opening of the cards and dinner / dance. If you are close give me a call on my cell 1-613-583-BOAT (2628). Thanks Chris

MOP
07-16-2004, 06:38 AM
We need a head count from Boxy to see what the numbers are this year. Last year being a first time event with kind of windy weather was a big hit, I think about 30 people came (boats ?) some from very long distances. I think it will be double what it was last time, it has to be one of the most interesting and beautiful places to boat. There is tons of things to do something for everyone. Exploring the islands of which there are actually about 1900 most of them nothing but big rocks (to be considered an island it must have at least one tree)! Even if it is windy there is always a place to boat with miles of protected waters. I am sure that those that did it last year are looking forward to going again. I have been going up for years and will be up there for 10 days catching the antique boat races the weekend before.
Now all I have to do is get mine back up and running, and some what cleaned up.

Phil

A P.S. For those flying in post it so we can figure out who is picking up who!

aleagles
07-16-2004, 09:41 AM
I'll be at my house in Clayton this weekend. If I decide my dock isn't big enough maybe we could go to potters beach on the backside of grindstone. That would be a perfect place for eveyone to pull up. Maybe I'll see you at the pokerrun this weekend. I think I'm throtleing my buddies 36ft. ocean express cat. (120+mph) she goes like hell.

MOP
07-19-2004, 11:53 AM
Just a BUMP to keep this where it stays in the back of the minds of the guys going to the 1000 Islands. Hoping a prop manufacturer pops in!

Phil

boxy
07-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Aleagels.... Potters is already on the agenda.

bigman
07-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Sorry folks I know someone has already told me this but when and where is the rally just incase I can pop in thanks, bigman.

MOP
07-19-2004, 10:46 PM
Alexandria Bay on the St. Lawrence, check events section Sound of Thunder.