PDA

View Full Version : Sweet 16 Prices

mreid99
07-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Another Newbie in the hunt, what's a fair and reasonable price for a sweet 16? I've looked over NADA but prices I've seen thus far are typically higher. I'd also like to see what the consensus is about running a v-8 versus the v-6 which I am assuming is the 4.3.

MOP
07-15-2004, 05:51 AM
I sell boats NADA is a thorn they are mostly off base with their values on boats, they are a car company trying to adapt to the marine industry. I have to value boats almost daily, what you need to do is go to every sales site you can find not Ebay. Gather up as many com-parables as you can, the top 15% are over priced use the remainder for a base. I do my comps first then inspect the boat and set the price in my mind, if the owner and I agree then I will list the boat. In your case as a buyer you will have a good idea of what each boat is worth from its care and condition. The V8 vs V6 thing is a tough one, the is an ass for every saddle. The V6 boats do and Will alway sell for less, that should not rule them out they are still good boats a little slower, more fuel efficient and I feel better for the inexperienced.

Scott Heidt
07-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Another Newbie in the hunt, what's a fair and reasonable price for a sweet 16? I've looked over NADA but prices I've seen thus far are typically higher. I'd also like to see what the consensus is about running a v-8 versus the v-6 which I am assuming is the 4.3.

Welcome to the Registry. Take your time and use this site. There is a wealth of knowledge that will be of use to you in your search for the perfect boat. Everyone is very friendly!

Get involved with rallys and events, even if you don't have your boat yet. That way you can take a look at all the different boats and set ups and maybe even catch a ride!

Stay in touch.

Later!

markdonzi
07-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Welcome to the donzi site. If you are looking for a reasonable 16 there is one on the site now that is a 1991 with low hours that i feel is a good deal. It is an OMC however and parts may be diffucult to find in future years. Nice engine combination with an 8 cylinder i believe. Take a look. But don't wait to long or it may be gone. I wanted an x-18 that was recently on the site and when I decided to pursue it further it was gone already. But then again there are always more.
markdonzi