PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Preview

gcarter
07-14-2004, 07:12 PM
I know one or two of you have been wondering what I've been doing for the last six months besides repairing stringers and stripping bottom paint. :smash:
Well, the engine is almost ready to go. I'm doing a few things a little different, at least for a black engine. Speaking of which, black on black is difficult to photograph.
So here are a couple of photos of what is a dress rehearsal to see if everything fits. About 90% of everything is permanently attached. :boat: :yippie:
I'll be glad to answer any questions, or, receive any critiques. :smile:

George :wavey:

Digger
07-14-2004, 07:23 PM
looks great George!!

MOP
07-14-2004, 07:40 PM
George it looks quite sanitary, my 383 is black as of yesterday. I was interested in how the electric pump mounted, it should give you a wee bit more HP according to what I have read. How is the gimble thing coming?

Phil

gcarter
07-14-2004, 07:50 PM
As soon as I get the ring back from the two machine shops doing the work, I'll post some pics.
If anyone wants to know more about the Mezziere pump, I'll tell all and show pictures of how it's mounted.

George :biggrin:

gcarter
07-14-2004, 08:53 PM
It draws seven amps, so nothing is free. You'll see that load on the alternator. But, yes, it does. Anywhere from seven to 20 according to an article MOP sent me.
Also this particular pump operates at 55 GPM no load. This will work since my engine has full system closed cooling so when the T'stat is closed, the coolant is circulating through the exhaust manifolds. Also when you throttle back, you shouldn't see a temp spike from lack of circulation.
Other than the cost, it's pretty much a win-win situation.
Am looking forward to seeing it run.

George

gold-n-rod
07-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Very purdy, George. :beer:

I couldn't help but notice that your power steering belt is so wide it sits up out of the pulley grove quite a bit. I noticed because the new belt I just put on my 454 did the same thing. I wondered at the time if there would be a problem.

Your thoughts??

another Randy

gcarter
07-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Randy these pulleys are pretty old and rusty. I bead blasted them, and had them powder coated. I think the groove is narrower than normal. It'l probably drop as time goes on. :smash:

George