PDA

View Full Version : I'm visiting Tampa....

McGary911
07-14-2004, 05:23 PM
My sis and bro in law just moved to Tampa a few months back, and I figure it's time for a visit. I'll be down there between the 22nd and the 27th. I know there are a lot of Florida folks on the board, and was wondering if there are any must-see \ do things around the area. I know I have access to a couple of jet skis down there, but may look into renting a boat (doubt they have a Rent-A-Donzi franchise down there:))
Restaraunts, bars, things to avoid? I'll welcome any ideas.....Im looking forward to the mini vacation....

Thanks

florida gator
07-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Pier in St Pete
Ybor
Gators on the pass
2001 Odysee
Shulas Steakhouse

I'm sure some of the guys that live closer to the area can help even more. Thse are just some of my favorites.

ToonaFish
07-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Things to avoid?

Interstate 4, Dale Mabry, and that hooker named Roxy.

Don't ask me how I know this.

gcarter
07-14-2004, 09:16 PM
columbia Restaurant in Ybor City, a real tradition, since 1906.

George

Cuda
07-14-2004, 11:05 PM
columbia Restaurant in Ybor City, a real tradition, since 1906.

George

George, how was the Columbia on opening night?? :D

Donzigo
07-15-2004, 01:20 AM
............you ought to know, Cuda, didn't you lay the tile for the place back in 1906? :D

gcarter
07-15-2004, 05:55 AM
If Cuda did THAT tile, :eek!: wow what a job, he could lay tile for me any time.
You would have to see this place to know what I mean.

George

Cuda
07-15-2004, 08:08 AM
If you like nightlife, you have to hit Ybor City one night. Go to the Ampitheater club. Check out the Dish Restaurant (I did do the tile in there :D ).

On the Pinellas side, you can try Gators at John's Pass, Undertow on St Pete Beach, and Shepard's on Clearwater Beach is always a good bet on Sundays.

Sport
07-15-2004, 09:01 AM
I live about 3/4 of a mile from The Undertow. Killer bar !

Sport

McGary911
07-15-2004, 10:02 AM
I'm definately printing out this thread b4 i go.....keep em coming......wow, i may get to see some of cuda's tile work. hopefully it wont be close up from being face down in a bar :) The undertow sounds like a cool deal for sure.....

Cuda
07-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Here we are at Undertows with a few boatin' buddies.

Team Hula Girl
07-16-2004, 11:50 PM
If you like nightlife, you have to hit Ybor City one night. Go to the Ampitheater club. Check out the Dish Restaurant (I did do the tile in there :D ).

On the Pinellas side, you can try Gators at John's Pass, Undertow on St Pete Beach, and Shepard's on Clearwater Beach is always a good bet on Sundays.

Good God Joe, if your going to tell him where all of the T & A is at you might as well let him know about the Mirage in Tiera Verde. (on Sunday the girls don't wear a lot of clothes)

J Mitch

BTW. One of the owners of the Undertow Bar is a Donzi owner. He showed up at the Rally last year at snake island in grand fashion.

Fish boy
07-17-2004, 12:56 AM
BTW. One of the owners of the Undertow Bar is a Donzi owner. He showed up at the Rally last year at snake island in grand fashion.

He also spent about 2 hours on the suwannee in another registry members very cramped and extremely hot bbc 22c engine compartment getting the member running again. Great guy that would do anything for anyone.

McGary,
give us a call when you get down here, we will definitely show you around.

fish

Donzigo
07-18-2004, 08:34 AM
McCary,

We're always up to something on the weekends. Throw us an email or a call.

Richard

McGary911
07-22-2004, 10:01 PM
Hey, I've arrived! cool town so far. I'm apparently staying in hyde park in south tampa. Richard, ill give you a call tomorrow. I may hit Undertow's tomorrow too....have to see.

Cuda
07-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Chit! I was in Hyde Park today! We started a job on Rome near Bayshore at a private school there. I don't think I'll be back that way for a week or so, but you never know.

Fish boy
07-23-2004, 06:32 AM
McGary,
glad you made it safely. Undertown is always fun, and it looks like thre may be a small get together at shell island forming in the events and gatherings section.

Also, not sure what you are looking for in night life, but south tampa/hyde park is one of the area hotspots on firday and sat nights.

look forward to meeting you,

fish

Donzigo
07-23-2004, 01:40 PM
Fish,

What time you going to Shell Island?

McGary911
07-23-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm at a public library on clearwater beach right now. If anyone wants to get in touch, my cell is 732-485-3031.
Cuda, sorry i missed you in Hyde Pk! Night life does look cool there. Everything is within walking distance too. While im at the internet terminal here, im looking up the address for the undertow. Just had lunch at Whisky Joes, which is off of some long bridge on 60?

Cuda
07-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Whiskey Joe's is on the Courtney Cambell Causeway on the Tampa side. The CCC is the highway 60 bridge to Tampa. WJ's is on the south side of the road.

Cuda
07-23-2004, 03:36 PM
Undertow is on St Pete Beach, probably 15 to 20 miles south of you. It's just north of the Don Cesar.

Fish boy
07-23-2004, 05:44 PM
McGary, you have mail, check your PM.

Fish

Fish boy
07-23-2004, 05:57 PM
Fish,

What time you going to Shell Island?

Riding with Budmann so not positive but we are thinking about 11-12. Gonna see ya there?

McGary911
07-24-2004, 08:08 PM
Just spent the day with a bunch of the SeaDogs. Man, was that a good time. Pics to follow soon!:beer:

Donzigo
07-24-2004, 09:15 PM
Great day...........Glad to have met you.............. We found your Donzi hat..............Looking forward to the pics.

McGary911
07-25-2004, 12:10 PM
Richard, Thanks for finding my lucky Donzi hat. I'll email you my address. I had a great time out at Shell Island with a bunch of the SeaDogs. Met Donzigo, DonzigoJr and his wife and kids, Fishboy, Sport, HulaGirl(john), Nate, aka JamesBon (who was working) and a bunch of others I'm sure I'm forgeting. I love how everyone just rafts up, and hangs out in the water all day. I had such a good time i warned them that when i'm down visiting my sister, they may just get a call. The Corona's are on me. Thanks again guys. Heres a few pics.

Group shot is DG, DGJ, ME, Sport, Fish. Donzigo driving his z33, DGJr's 22 (fish aboard), Lots of Donzi's rafted up with John aka Team Hula Girl in the yellow trunks on the white LXC....

Sport
07-26-2004, 11:54 AM
It was nice meeting you Gary, I had a great time !

Sport

DonziMama
07-26-2004, 05:51 PM
Hey guys! I had a great time. I didn't realize how much I missed being out at Shell almost every weekend. I look forward to doing it again soon! It was great meeting you, John. Please come down anytime. It was a pleasure hanging with you. I just got my own screen name, so I am still searching for pictures of your boat. Hope you have a safe trip back up to NJ. See you soon!!!!!:beer: