PDA

View Full Version : What I learned on my italian vacation.

Formula Jr
07-14-2004, 03:25 PM
1. You can get by without leaning the language so long as you talk just like Father Guitto Sarducie from SNL.

2. Our dollar to them, is like Canadian money to us.

3. There are fifteen different types of toilets. None work the way you think they should. Some are simply baffeling.

4. Thank god, cell phones have a limited battery life.

5. Ordering the second plate off any menu, is a bad idea and can max your credit card.

6. Sunblock cream is considered a controlled substance.

7. Girlfriends, really, REALLY like you when you take them to Italy.

8. It is possible to smoke, talk on a cell phone and operate a scooter at the same time........its actually encouraged.

9. Ordering a room without a private bath, can end a good relationship.

10. All train schedules, boat schedules, bus schedules, traffic lights, lane dividers, pedestrian zones and speed limits are just suggestions.

:)

Digger
07-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Owen, I bet you had a great time over there!! got any pix??

Formula Jr
08-11-2004, 07:48 AM
Here Ya go Digger,

Pics of my little Italy adventure.
Most of the pics are set in Florence (Duomo, Uffizi, Accadamia, Fiesole, Ponte Vecchio) and Venice (San Marco, Grand Canal, Rialto), but some are
from Siena (Siena Duomo, il Campo), Vernazzia, Rome (St. Peters, Forum, Trevi, Spanish Steps, Pantheon) and Milan (Milan Duomo, Sforze Fort).

http://www.epud.net/~owen/netitaly

:biggrin:

Ed Donnelly
08-11-2004, 08:52 AM
Great snaps, thanks...Ed

Brad Lyon
08-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Owen, it looks like you had a very nice trip. I stayed in Italy for eight weeks back in 1978, I went with 68 college friends. We toured Europe for almost six months. Your pictures bring back some really great memories. Back then they loved American money! Out of all of the countries I visited in Europe the Italians were the most friendly and helpfull to our group.

Brad

Team Jefe
08-12-2004, 05:10 AM
Great Shots Owen

I love Venice. Wonderful city, lots of boats, and super nice people.