PDA

View Full Version : Donzi font?

DoTheMath
07-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Does anyone know what the font is that Donzi uses for the "DONZI" on the Classics hull sides? I am trying to reproduce the decals and I am not sure (exactly) what the font is.

Thanks much!

-Mark-

Ranman
07-14-2004, 02:59 PM
The logo is not a standard or true type font like Arial or Times new Roman. All of the logos are custom graphic images. You won't find a correct Donzi font. Sorry.

blackhawk
07-14-2004, 03:28 PM
Mark, I took a digital shot of the Donzi logo on the side of the boat and took it to my local vinyl graphics place and they matched it up and made my logo for me.

DoTheMath
07-14-2004, 04:01 PM
That is what I figured, but I thought I'd ask anyway... It is close to a few of them but a bit "squashed" and with the strike-through in the Z. I do have a .jpg of a clean logo, so I figure that I can use it as most vinyl shops can work from good digital images. Thanks guys for the info!

Speed-Racer
07-14-2004, 04:31 PM
"times new roman" font bolded is as close to it as the real thing....just add the dash through the "z"

At least on a small scale decal

Forrest
07-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Why screw around doing it yourself? The Weavers will sell you the the exact correct decal for for under $20.

GKricheldorf
07-14-2004, 06:31 PM
DoTheMath,

Can you post the scanned image you have?? pretty please :shocking:

DoTheMath
07-15-2004, 03:30 PM
So, who are "the Weavers"? and how do I get in touch with them? I do need a replacement for the port side as a Taylor Made fender managed to rub off a bit of the clear on it and it looks a little crappy up close now. :angryfire And I was looking to get one made (smaller) for the back window of my truck, hence the request for the info.

GK~ This is the image that I have, as a bitmap it is clean so it should work well. I was going to convert it to a PDF and separate the layers so I could pull the black shading from around it and get a straight image. If you want the actual file, PM me and I'll email it to you.

Mark.

DoTheMath
07-15-2004, 03:34 PM
And heres a jpg to go with it.

M

boldts
07-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Richard & Cindy Weaver - rweaver@javanet.com
21st Street - PO Box 292
Shapleigh, ME 04076
(207) 636-2133
1968 19' Benchseat Hornet

Not sure if the e-mail is correct, but everything else should get you in touch with the Weavers. For you guys restoring the 60's model Classics, Richard can set you up with exact duplicates to what came on your Donzi.

Ranman
07-15-2004, 04:17 PM
That .jpg and .bmp are not the same logos as used on the classic hullsides if you are referring to the chrome or foil decals with both the american and lion/dolphin flags.

The Weavers have the foil logos exactly as they are used on the classics. The pics you have posted is a different logo.

gero1
07-17-2004, 03:04 PM
i would like to get one made for my shop door, how big can i get one?