PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Manifolds

Morgan's Cloud
07-14-2004, 02:09 PM
I thought I would add this so that anyone doing any searches at another time might be able to bring it up.
This little known product line is made in Australia and is in fact what I put on the 502 mag. There is nothing quite like them made in the US.
They are a true header design with huge easilly serviceable zincs.Can be setup at order for raw water or FWC service.I believe that when I last spoke to Allen (the owner) he was on the verge of offering a 5 year warranty.The only gasket on these is the manifold to head gasket.They are also available with extension heights added on (+3",+6",+9") and utilise all stock installation angles already in place on your boat.(If you have through hull exh. just bolt 'em on !
The pictures on the site are not very easy to figure out in relation to how they look in real life.

www.hitekmarine.com.au/

Allen did say the last time we spoke that Merc had so many warranty issues with their manifolds... even the re-designed split FWC ones on the 496's that they had ordered 20 sets for testing and were very impressed.

Steve

Morgan's Cloud
07-15-2004, 07:15 AM
Broque,

One of the nice things about these guys is that they are avbl for both the Fords and GM's !... Ford not considererd some weird stepchild... :biggrin:

Let me know how you get along with Allen, he's very helpful and enthusiastic... be warned though .. these manifolds are not to be confused with 'domestic' offerings. They were built for continuous use in salt and now , potentially , come with a five year warranty. You may not find them " cheap " .

Steve

harbormaster
07-15-2004, 05:16 PM
I spoke with Allen in Australia today.

I don't think I got through to him that his pics are too small o his web site. He said that you could click on them to see a larger size but they were still too small!

His big block manifolds are about 1800 dollars a pair.

They are cool and also incorprate an anode, but that is still a bit pricey!

The Hedgehog
07-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Do they give some details about ECU re-calibration?

Morgan's Cloud
07-16-2004, 10:17 AM
HM .. that's an affirmative on the pic sizes .. they just don't open up large enough for you to clearly understand what your looking at ...

The price you were given is interesting ... my set was ordered in winter of 02/03 and first cost was $2950 .. reg then was $3250 I believe.. You don't want to know how much they were when they were finally in the boat :eek:

Do they give some details about ECU re-calibration?

LB if you are talking about installation on MPI engines we went the route of putting in an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and kept it simple .

S

Moody Blu'
07-16-2004, 05:46 PM
how many companies have anodes in there systems?

I think you chevy boys are spoiled. I am happy as a pig in sh!t. the only alternative to the hi-tek headers are the CMI $5000.00 headers!!! and hi teks are under 1400 U.S.!!!
I have talked with allen for 2 days. Well, he was a drag racer for about 20 years, made his own exhausts for the same amount of time. Im pretty sure he knows what hes doing. Especially if mercruiser was impressed(they bought 20 sets from him).

I do have a question though, Has anyone done bueiness with him???? I have heard people say he said this and that but has anyone actually recieved products from him?

GKricheldorf
07-16-2004, 06:04 PM
The GLM's have anodes. In fact that reminds me to check mine this weekend.

Ed Donnelly
07-16-2004, 06:07 PM
My Stainless Marine Gen 111's have anodes...Ed

ALLAN BROWN
07-19-2004, 07:30 AM
Things are not always what they seem. For those of us (you) who are anal enough to flush their manifolds with fresh water after each use, the zinc anode is no longer an anode, it becomes a CATHODE in fresh water and eats your farging manifold! In fresh water, magnesium is an anode. If you are really anal, switch your anode back and forth during and after each use.

MOP
07-19-2004, 07:55 AM
Brownie I am really glad you brought the zinc issue up, I did a post on the awhile back about the importance of cleaning the zincs. We did find a supplier for the Mags in NJ, also cannot over stress the importance on trailered boats, the zincs whether in fresh or salt need constant attention. The zincs scale over when exposed to air after being wet rendering them near useless, they should be wire brushed just before launching, and checked frequently with an OHM meter for continuity.

ALLAN BROWN
07-19-2004, 08:40 AM
Speaking of anal.............

Moody Blu'
07-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Guys seriously, has anyone done business with Hi-tek? I am wiring the money by wednesday and would really hope for someone to tell me he is legitiamte or not? Hopefully before I wirie the cash. :wink: