PDA

View Full Version : Quebec to Boston...

gjohns6896
07-11-2004, 08:23 PM
I am writing mainly to ask a favor, or really to just meet anyone who would like to. I just got married on July 3, and we are on our honeymoon. Right now we are staying in Quebec City, Quebec. But we are going to keep driving North/East until we run out of time, and then head back to Boston, Mass. for our flight in Friday. I should have asked this earlier, but I figured I might as well be late than not at all. So, if you live in or near this area (or part of the country) and want to have some lunch or maybe go for a boat ride (on your boat, as mine is at home on the trailer), please call me or reply to this post, and I will try to get back to you.

Cheers,
George Johns
(217) 620-7188 Cell

Ed Donnelly
07-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Go west young man. The Donzis are in Toronto and slightly north.....(1 in Kingston??)...Ed

gjohns6896
07-12-2004, 08:54 AM
Ed, we already went through Toronto (tourists, you know) and passed through Kingston (three times I might add). I appreciate your reply, and I HOPE others come forth, too. Right now we are going to spend most of the day in Quebec and then who knows where from there. Possibly Nova Scotia, if we can drive that far in four days' time.

Cheers,
George

Ed Donnelly
07-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Only a days drive to Nova Scotia from P.Q. Don't know of anyone on the east coast with a Donzi though. Next holiday, post before heading out....Ed

Extreme Measures
07-12-2004, 03:52 PM
George Like Ed said next time post earlier.I'm in Kingston and we could of went for a ride down the 1000 Islands in my Donzi (33ZX).Take Care Extreme Measures

boxy
07-12-2004, 06:11 PM
George, Quebec City to Moncton will take you a little less than 7 hours. If you make it as far as Moncton, head to the coast, and stay either in Shediac New Brunswick, or cross the bridge to Prince Edward Island. If you decide to go to Shediac (the Lobster Capital of the World) give me a call, 613-223-8808, and I'll shoot you some local info.
Have fun.
Boxy

gjohns6896
07-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Great info! I am sorry I did not get to use it nor meet any of you (we only made it as far north as the tip of Maine before heading back south to Bangor and the Acadia Park). Had some lobster there, it was "okay." I will certainly have to get with those boys with the "big-boats" for our next trip. By the way...I took a GREAT pic of this nice yacht with its "tender"...about a 32+-foot Cat that had matching paint with the big boat...very nice package. Only thing was they both said British V.I. on them...how do you get TWO big boats through that kind of water at once....of course he could have made TWO trips, but that would be TOO easy....

Anyhow, we are now back home and trying to get the bed made and the laundry sorted...thanks again for all the comments!

Cheers,
George & Cara Johns

DONZI
07-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Congratulations to the Newlyweds !
I am sorry i missed your post earlier.I would have been glad to get you out boating somehow here in Ma.. We were away on vac. on rainy/cold Cape Cod.I hope you had a good time here.
Ken