PDA

View Full Version : DONZI credit card

Donzigo
07-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Why can't a company make a credit card that would have a DONZI on it? Or better yet, it seems that someone would allow people like us "Donzi nuts" to put our boat on a credit card. It was done one year in 1986. It had a Z-33 on it.

Greg Maier
07-11-2004, 07:19 PM
I worked for MBNA Bank for several years. MBNA is the King of Affinity Marketing. There is a lot more involved than meets the eye for a Credit Card Company to customize a card for an organization. You need a large number of potential credit card holders to justify the cost. Also, the possible credit card holders need to be the right demographic. MBNA loves people that work hard, don't make a lot of money, pay their minimum payment, rack up large balances, but have too much pride and self respect to ever consider declaring bankrupty. This is the reason that NASCAR Fans and NEA (National Education Association) are two of MBNA's biggest affiliates.

Ed Donnelly
07-11-2004, 09:28 PM
I had a Harley Davidson F150 Mastercard for all of 1yr. Was notified they were dicontinuing the card. Got a plain Jane Gold in the mail 2 wks later.The average age of a Harley pick up owner is 20 yrs. old. Lots of rich Daddys. so balances must have been paid in full each month...Ed

HyperDonzi
07-12-2004, 05:07 AM
There is another boat company thats had that for years. Even can get a pic of your boat on it. :p :)

Greg Maier
07-12-2004, 06:05 AM
You must be talking about either Baja or Bayliner :rlol:

HyperDonzi
07-12-2004, 06:38 AM
You must be talking about either Baja or Bayliner :rlol:

Ouch, that was good.

Rumor has it you needed some new race shirts, check these out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15687&item=3920086611&rd=1

;) :tongue: :biggrin.:

Greg Maier
07-12-2004, 06:44 AM
I like those T-Shirts. I am going to get one for my brother, he has been in the boat business for years and will appreciate it. He can wear it while he is tooling around on his SeaCraft(an extremely cool CC fishing boat).

HyperDonzi
07-12-2004, 07:27 AM
:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: