PDA

View Full Version : DrDan on the Potomac... Washington, DC

bverd
07-11-2004, 12:24 AM
DrDan and I spent the day on the Potomac today here are some shots of him with the Blue Pill and a video of it running. All I can say is WOW!!

Alright, can't upload the video here so here is the link to it... http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/albums/misc/MOV06727.mpg Pay not attention to the commentary.

Picture 1 = DrDan down at the waterfront of Georgetown.
Picture 2 = DrDan running... does anything hit the water when he is on the throttle?

--bverd

DON N.
07-11-2004, 02:06 AM
SOUNDS GOOD. :checkered

gero1
07-11-2004, 07:02 AM
aaaahhhhhssssooommmee dr.dan, listened to 20 times

mattyboy
07-11-2004, 07:59 AM
a wolf in sheep's clothing ! :yes:

dem OMC boats are sneaky fast !!!!

just awesome Dan

thanks for the Video Brad

Matty

olredalert
07-11-2004, 09:23 AM
-------Very CQQL, Doc...........Bill S

Rootsy
07-11-2004, 11:04 AM
i needed that... :)

JR

Lizard
07-11-2004, 07:31 PM
It looks like you guys had a fun "boys weekend". Sorry I missed the action!

Liz
(aka Mrs. Dr. Dan)

gcarter
07-11-2004, 07:40 PM
I LIKE it Dr. Dan!! :propeller :eek!: :p :cool!: :wink:

George

Sport
07-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Cool video, thanks

Sport

harbormaster
07-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Love the commentary Brad....... :biggrin.:

Greg K
07-12-2004, 01:56 PM
Dan,
I bet it's alot more fun now and it sounds great. :yes:

Them OMC boats can handle the power.. :smash:

Dr. Dan
07-12-2004, 08:16 PM
:spongebob Thanks Everyone....we had an awesome time disturbing the peace up and down the Potomac.....The boat really hooks up....it has more power than I can use currently anyway....I have about 25 hours in the Month that we've had it back....and it's still teaching me....
I have to say though...I am very encouraged with the Performance and Handling Characteristics of the King Cobra...I think because we only switched out the Power...it has really helped us adapt to how the overall performance has changed...yet it is Rock Stable....even on its way up to the big Eight Oh Number.....
I think it will be parked until Winnie....I need to recover or not spend sooooo much on Fuel....between my job...which is a Normal 3 Tanks a week in the Suburban ...to adding in the Boat and the Gas to get ya to the Events.....I am making some Oil Companies more rich! :rolleyes:
I think....the next Issue will be the Shifter....it is fine going Forward....and the Trim is smooth and predictable...but in Reverse...it's a tad Sticky...and ya gotta play with it a bit to have it disengage,sometimes...not always....to an unknown Pilot...it would be disconcerting...and possibly dangerous.....
The acceleration is amazing....the Biggest Grin is from being able to do 30 - 40 MPH Slams and instantly be cruising in the high 60's with no effort at all....I am finding that half the battle in challenging any boat is just that...he who gets there quicker...is going away with the Green......unless the other boat just has some ridiculous power advantage....(Like Geo)..otherwise...they just can't make up the Difference in distance....ask me how I know this? :p
Looking forward to Running in Winnie.....with my brother George Culotta....and the Rest of the Bandits!

Doc :beer:

Shanghied Again
07-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Hey Doc sounds sweet what an awesome ride,You tokk that 22 to a new dimension and just think you didn't have to spend 80,000 to do it :yes: