PDA

View Full Version : PNW Channelman's Club Fun Run - Saturday July 24

EricG
07-10-2004, 12:37 AM
Is anyone here heading out for the Bainbridge Island run this year? I think we're going to head out there, but I don't think we'll do the actual run. Hopefully we'll see some of you out there...

Check out NWOFFSHORE (http://www.nwoffshore.com) for details..

-EG

DJ13
07-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Hey Eric,

I'm thinking on trying it out. If their whole thing is, "if you finish, you're a winner" then it might be fun. I'm not worried about being competitive, obviously. It'd be silly to try hard with 40 footers capable of 100+mph involved. I'm more worried about the safety issues than anything. My inexperience driving in that type of thing, most of all. I think I could hang back far enough to be comfortable though and still have a good time, meet people, etc. Pretty sure I won't come in last place. ;)
Do you know the race course rotation (clockwise or other) around Bainbridge?

EricG
07-16-2004, 11:24 PM
After watching the DVD of the fun Run - I've decided that I'm actually going to Run. Especially since the focus seems to be less on racing, and more just on having fun... There is no way I'm going to hang with any of the big boys...but after watching the vid, it looks like anyone can run.

If you want to run together Dave we can hang back towards the back and try to stay out of trouble....

I'm not positive on the rotation - but I think clockwise..

-EG

EricG
07-22-2004, 09:06 AM
They have capped the event at 100 boats....it's supposed to be in the mid 90's on Saturday. Are you going to come out Dave? Any of the other 6 NW folks going to check it out?

Can an 18 keep up with the XXX Outerlimits? I'm going to try :biggrin: :biggrin:

-EG

DJ13
07-22-2004, 05:57 PM
Hey Eric,

I'm 98% on being there, can't think of much else that can stop me (knock on wood). Should be fun. Look foward to seeing you there! :checkered

Dave