PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk Hardware (GOLD)

FABIO
07-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Hey....my Blackhawk's (#27) gold-plated hardware is in BAD need of some love. I took a set of hinges to a local plater, but he said he couldn't do it...said it wouldn't really plate?!? I talked with Bryant Niedospial w/Donzi last year and he said when he built his Blackhawk he just put standard hardware on it. However, it looks so sweeeeettt with the gold that I'd like to do something. Have any of you (I guess only 37+-more) had any experience with this, or have any suggestions?
Thanks, Fabio

metraman
07-10-2004, 08:13 PM
I have a friend that did 24K on socket sets I sold Chrysler. If you have a problem with a source let me know he does great work.

FABIO
07-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Thanks, I'll check around here again...........I'll get up with you if I can't get anybody to do it

MOP
07-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Fabio have you tried this company? They are listed with the Plating Hall should be decent

Phil

http://www.plantfloor.com/fl/gulfcoastplatinginc.htm

FABIO
07-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Phil, thanks for the link....I called them this morning, unfortunately they only do chrome......but the girl gave me a number to a place in Mobile (about 60 miles) that does it......so I'll probably explore that option
Thanks again!