PDA

View Full Version : Octane boosters

MOP
07-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Anyone have any input on octane boosters, I need to treat about 100 gal.

Phil

smoothie
07-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Phil,take a look at this post...

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23354

MOP
07-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Thanks Smoothie that is one of the best posts I have read in awhile, for the next day or two I am back on the wrenches. I am trying to save a deal, so far so good. The killer is more a time thing than what is wrong with the boat, the yard is booked and can't get to it. The boat was used very little and has 50 gallons in each tank that is rancid it will run but goes into detonation above 3,400. I have no way to get rid of the fuel so I have to top tanks with will bring them to 110. need to kick it up somehow and hope, I cleaned all the lines changed all the filters and will redo carbs in teh AM. It should run fair if I can get octane up, doing my best as quite a few bucks coming my way if I can pull it off, needs to close by next Friday have my finger crossed. I may try some of the Toulene if available and can get some more straight poop on mixing ratio, I tried contacting some of my buds that still race to get their thought but they were not around tonight will hit them again in the AM. Thanks again for pulling the thread up.

Phil