PDA

View Full Version : WA,B.C., Donzi owners proposal.

Koenig
07-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Think I've mentioned my degree is in film & television production. A friend of mine produces documentries and I mentioned briefly a series idea I have. He pitched it to a specialty channel for me. The "channel" is warm on the idea and want a formal "treatment". So what I need if you are doing local poker runs or other informal gatherings at local lakes is to allow a camera person to tag along and get about 5 to 10 minutes of your Donzi in "action".

PM me if your interested and for more details.

Thanks in advance.

Formula Jr
07-10-2004, 02:35 PM
What? Are you thinking about some sort of documentary on the Donzi sub-culture?

Conceptually, that might be interesting. There's lots of themes you could follow on that. How technology (internet) facilitates community across great distances, a study of social mechanical solidarity and a loosely defined code of conduct; ie, like Harley fans, just using Donzi as a different focal point, an answer the basic question.... why is this so freaken fun?
Or you could just study the different levels of intensity, why does one buy five or six 30 year old boats? What drives one to get an 18 Vee over 100 mph? Why would somebody dump everything they have into a boat restoration knowing they will never get that back? The differences between status owners, wharf-rats that have arrived, players and fanatics? The survival and enjoyment of verbal story in a modern visually based culture.
Hope the camera guy knows how to hang on. It would be a fun ride.

TuxedoPk
07-10-2004, 04:57 PM
a study of social mechanical solidarity and a loosely defined code of conduct

- An in depth look at OSO :smash:

why does one buy five or six 30 year old boats?
- Bipolar boaters :)