PDA

View Full Version : Bahama Project - 18ft Donzi classic

Legend
07-08-2004, 07:20 PM
These are just a few pictures of my 18ft Donzi Classic that I am doing a full "resto" of. The paint job was completed yesterday and I will post some pics of the new paint job shortly. She will be pwered by a Mercruiser 5.7L 350 MPI Horizon with a Bravo I drive. She originally had an OMC GM 350 with a King Corbra outdrive. I will post pics of the process as I complete the various stages. I recently had a company out of Florida make up a dash panel for me "truly awesome" pics for that by tomorrow. Enjoy!!

MOP
07-08-2004, 08:29 PM
It does have all the tender marks O/B bracket, steps etc. Not much fun sanding in the hot, I came in today looking like a snow man was 90 and humid. Lots of luck sounds like you are going to end up with a beauty.

Phil

Morgan's Cloud
07-09-2004, 07:12 AM
Do it right and make us 'island boys' proud ... we have an image to maintain ya know :smile:

Send more pics as you go along ... wonder what boat it was originally tender to ..

S

Legend
07-09-2004, 10:53 AM
I don't know what boat it was a tender to but I a very very rich gentleman owned it and had is stored in the lower grounds of his yard. He never used the boat and when he sold the boat that it was on he kept the tender. I had Atlantic Coast Plating in Fort Lauderdale re chrome all of the vents, winshiled, egine hatch knob and some engine parts. I had Bob at Built Rite make new seat covers, tonneau covers and carpet. I had a friend of mine paint her Flag Blue (awl Grip G8002), Matterhorn White (Awl Grip G8003) and Bright Aluminum (Awl Grip H1021) and of course High Solid Cleracoat. I will post the pics this afternoon under Bahama Project 2

chip w
07-09-2004, 11:42 AM
It's nice to see new life being given to a classic. Keep us up to date and good luck with her.

Chip