PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay around Clearwater

florida gator
07-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Taking the family down one weekend this month. They want to hit Anclote and that area. I want to hit Gators and maybe Shell Island area so I was thinking Clearwater is about the middle.

I don't like the hassle of fighting trafic at the ramps so I would like to keep the boat in the water. Anyone have any suggestions where to stay??

Donzigo
07-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Florida Gator,

Well, it isn't Clearwater; but, it's a great place to stay with a boat. It's the Holiday Inn Spree, just North of the Skyway bridge and on the East side of the road. The number is: 727-867-1151. It has very nice "on the water" rooms, a beach just outside your room, a Tiki Hut bar/rest, 2 pools, great place for kids, and it's accross the street from Oniell's where there is a great ramp. There's a dock at the H.I. for your boat too.There is fishing on the old Skyway, Ft. Desoto Park to explore, (has Kayaking), this area has plenty of places to eat, loads of beaches. It's only 2 miles, in a protected inland waterway, to Shell Island or about 8 miles up to Gators. I couldn't suggest a better place to have a vacation to accomodate both you & your family's needs. Plus, you will be close to Fishboy, Donzigo, Donzigo Jr, John Mitchell, Sport, and Jamesbon. We could meet up with you and show you around by water. Who knows, maybe we could convince George Carter & Scott Heidt to meet up with us too. Even Cuda, Budmann, & Mark Albers have been known to show up.

Good luck with your vacation.

Richard 727-867-7020

Sport
07-08-2004, 10:49 AM
I agree, nice hotel. Donzogo, isn't there a Holiday Inn near Indian Rocks Beach that has hotel rooms and boat dockage ? I think it is called Hamlin's Landing. That would put him right in the middle I think.

Sport

Scott Heidt
07-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Good Choice! Just let us know when you plan to come down!

Party Party!

Donzigo
07-08-2004, 02:05 PM
Actually, Hamblin's Landing only has a hotel. Guests are not allowed to use the docking facilities and there is no place for kids to roam around, either. The Holiday Inn or Tierra Verde resort are nuch better choices IMHO.