PDA

View Full Version : I got engaged......

ITTLFLI
07-07-2004, 04:05 PM
on my Donzi 22 Classic, at sunset, on Lake cumberland! Yep, that is where Jill and I formed our fabulous relationship.

I figured you all might enjoy the fact it was on a DONZI!!!

....and no...thats not why I sold the X-18 :smile:

Greg K
07-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Congrats...
You mean you slowed down enough for Jill to let go of the death grip she had on the grab handle and dash to slip on a ring... :shocking: :wink: :biggrin:

on my Donzi 22 Classic, at sunset, on Lake cumberland! Yep, that is where Jill and I formed our fabulous relationship.

I figured you all might enjoy the fact it was on a DONZI!!!

....and no...thats not why I sold the X-18 :smile:

roadtrip se
07-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Congrats Byron as I said on that other board!

So um Greg, is it only me that finds it slightly ironic that you would be the first to chime in on this thread?

Todd
"Love is in the air...." :lightning :lightning :lightning

txtaz
07-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Congrats,
I was lucky, I got engaged and then she let me buy a Donzi. Looks like we both will have great wives.
Best of luck,
Wes

Dax McDavid
07-07-2004, 05:37 PM
congrats

Dr. Dan
07-07-2004, 06:33 PM
:beer: Congrats....to all of you.....Lizard and I just celebrated 5 years....this past weekend.....she hasn't kicked me out yet....but the Blue Pill did give her plenty of incentive... :spongebob

Now that its done....and running like a Bull IN Heat....she loves that acceleration.....and being up front!

:cool: Doc

EricG
07-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Congrats!!

I recently took the plunge myself. I had it all planned out, to take her out in the 18 on a beautiful Seattle afternoon - but when I got the boat ready to go - I discovered that water was pooring out of the water-pump and I spent the day trying to replace it instead of popping the question :banghead:

I ended up not being able to use the boat - instead I did it on the beautiful flooded shores of Grapevine lake in Dallas when she flew down to meet me for the weekend while I was working....at least I got to include water somehow. And, there was a pontoon nearby :D :D :D

Again congrats...I'm jealous that your boat plans actually worked ;)

-EG

Lenny
07-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Congrats Byron...best wishes to you both..have FUN :D

KRAVEN
07-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Congrats Byron,
Liz and I are celebrating our 25th.this year! Seems like only yesterday I was in your shoes.Just remember it takes 100% on both to make it work. :biggrin.:

Forrest
07-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Congrats!!! . . . the same happened to me and Ginny on my X-18 a few years back.

Ranman
07-08-2004, 10:15 AM
Congratulations Byron. Jill is a sweet girl... and a little firecracker too :biggrin: :biggrin:

TuxedoPk
07-08-2004, 10:35 AM
Byron,

Congradulations! Jill is terrific even if she did call me an instigator when I was giving you relationship advice at Cumberland :) Now its time to just work on getting her to stay up drinking a little later so you don't have to keep saying just one more beer

Rich

ToonaFish
07-08-2004, 10:57 AM
You are a very lucky man, indeed!

Congratulations!

Sport
07-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Congrats ! ! ! Leslee and I got engaged at Shell Island about 2 weeks after we got our 26 ZX.

Sport

Jerry Eisele
07-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Congrates Byron!!!!
I'm really glad Byron finally is going to tie the knot. Byrons real love is over 275 pounds and he can't get his Donzi over 65. Jill on the other hand, is 80 pounds soaking wet and he tops out at 83 mph. Good choice Byron. Lots of luck!!! I love you guys. :p

JERRY

Sam
07-09-2004, 07:57 AM
I hope my wife dosen't find out about all this romamtic stuff going on in the Donzi world. I've been married to her for ten years now and haven't even asked her yet............. oh well.

Sam :confused:

ITTLFLI
07-09-2004, 08:10 AM
hey!!

Thanks for all the well wishes!! :propeller

........And Jerry....she is 90lbs soaking wet and it only goes 73 ;)

ITTLFLI
07-09-2004, 12:59 PM
So, wedding @ 76 Falls during AOTH V ????

Congrats Byron!!

Hmmmm...I'll see what she says!!

Bandit
07-09-2004, 02:02 PM
I think she's 88pds and it goes 72.5 :biggrin:

You've got a great lady Byron and congrads on the engagement!!!

So, was this event before or after I saw you at 76 Falls?

I ended up with a boat load that day...9 total. I had several hiding in the cuddy on the way out and in to not flag the patrol.

Several houseboats from SBC are up in Fallbush Creek and I'm heading that way in the morning. That's just around the corner from your stomping grounds so stop on by for a toast :beer:

ITTLFLI
07-09-2004, 02:13 PM
I think she's 88pds and it goes 72.5 :biggrin:

You've got a great lady Byron and congrads on the engagement!!!

So, was this event before or after I saw you at 76 Falls?

I ended up with a boat load that day...9 total. I had several hiding in the cuddy on the way out and in to not flag the patrol.

Several houseboats from SBC are up in Fallbush Creek and I'm heading that way in the morning. That's just around the corner from your stomping grounds so stop on by for a toast :beer:

I actually did it on Sat June 26. It was the first time in 5 yrs we went to the lake by ourselves!! I did drive back to SBC that sunday to look for you!

Man the falls were absolutely crowded!!! All the way out to the no wake buoy!!!!

I am staying in town this weekend to do some things around the house. I will be out of town until the Thursday night before the MADCOW event!

I will look you up next time!!

Bandit
07-09-2004, 02:34 PM
I was down in the Keys on the 26th.

You're right about 76 Falls, out to the bouy and even filled up the left cove. I think I saw a bunch of these swimming around... :smileybo:

I barely made it to the spot you saw me. We stayed on the Odyssey (same one you had some steak on last yr while watching the fireworks) and had that deep cove across from Harmony for the weekend along with a couple more houseboats.

Let me know when you're back on Cumberland and we'll try to meet up.

ITTLFLI
07-09-2004, 03:08 PM
I was down in the Keys on the 26th.

You're right about 76 Falls, out to the bouy and even filled up the left cove. I think I saw a bunch of these swimming around... :smileybo:

I barely made it to the spot you saw me. We stayed on the Odyssey (same one you had some steak on last yr while watching the fireworks) and had that deep cove across from Harmony for the weekend along with a couple more houseboats.

Let me know when you're back on Cumberland and we'll try to meet up.

Sounds good!

Yep lots of those
(.)(.)