PDA

View Full Version : Eye Protection

fasttrucker
07-07-2004, 07:16 AM
I cut my eye on the job last year. :smash: Took off my glasses to see close-up and bang.This pass friday,when I was sleeping,I broke it open again.So I had needles put into my eyes for the second time yesterday....not fun. :mad: This time the doctor put them in extra deep.fun.....So I bought a pair of EKTELON racquetball protective eyewear for the boat.Along with my sea dog wrap around glasses/with sidecars, It should cut down the wind out on my donzi.Just thought I would post this for everyone to think about your eyes when working.To allways use protection. :umbrella: If only I would have had my contacts in or my glasses on. :smash:

Sport
07-07-2004, 07:45 AM
OUCH ! ! ! I always wear glasses when working on something. I bought a set of clear safety glasses for the boat for night driving at Home Depot ( $ 40.00 ). I hate it when you are hauling butt and your eyes tear up on you. No problems any more. Hope your eye gets better and no more needles !

Sport

2biguns
07-07-2004, 08:38 AM
I was weedeating last year and slung a sharp-edged rock directly into the center of my eye. I thought I was going to be blind in that eye. Luckily just a deep scratch that finally healed.

I bought a pair of Smith Motocross goggles that I wear in the rain that work perfectly. Those + pancho + baseball cap and I can drive through a monsoon and stay dry. I wear large metal frame Oakleys for other normal boating and have good wind protection.

Donzigo
07-07-2004, 09:07 AM
I wear wrap around gold metal sunglasses almost like welder's glasses. They work great on the boat............look cool, too.

GKricheldorf
07-07-2004, 10:21 AM
I was doing some 4x4ing last year in my Jeep. Got stuck in a ravine that turned out to be a motorcycle trail. With no means of turning around i had to back it out. As easy as it sounds i had to use my high lift jack to make the corners. While jacking up my Jeep(about 3 feet up) the handle sprung back really fast. Hit my glasses and bounced off. Those oakleys saved my eye. Good thing they were shatter proof !!!

Cuda
07-07-2004, 10:29 AM
You have to be careful with your eyes, they only come one set per customer. We do tile work, and I am always on my guys if I see them chipping up tile, or cutting on the saw without glasses. Of course, they are still young and immortal.

Here's what I wear on the boat. Paid like $10 for them, they work great.

McGary911
07-07-2004, 10:30 AM
I had a piece of rusty metal end up in my eye a few years back. Had to go to the eye surgeon to get it dug out with that needle. Not pleasant. Really sucks that you kinda have to look at what he's doing. No shutting your eyes and finding a happy place. We lit off some fireworks on the 4th (real stuff, town permits, ATF background checks, the real deal) and I've been wearing safety glasses doing that for years.
For the boat, i have some goggles meant for riding a harley or something. yellow lenses.....use those if im gonna top 50. Sunglasses below that. When i put on those goofy looking things, my friends know to hang on for sure :)

markdonzi
07-07-2004, 11:18 AM
On July 4th Sunday night i was driving down lake george in my sweet sixteen and ran through a flock of canadian geese on the lake going about 45. Wished I had a windshield then and a football helmet. Put my arms up in time but it was a bit scary.
markdonzi
PS and yes i probably should have only been going 25 the nightime speed limit but it was really calm and well going fast is really fun!!!!!!!!!
:eek:

DonziMon
07-09-2004, 04:37 PM
I use Panoptx for motorcycling and boating. They have foam around the eyecups so no tearing at all. They are a little pricey especially if you by them from a HD dealer but well worth it.

http://www.dealtime.com/xDN-Sunglasses--panoptx
http://www.sporteyes.com/panoptix.htm
http://www.panoptx.com/