PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Gen.2 gimble ring to Alph1?

Greg
07-07-2004, 06:51 AM
I have just been told by my mech. that untop of everything else that's gone wrong, that now my gimble ring is shot. He has one off of an Alpha Gen. 2 drive that he will sell me for $350. but isn't sure if it will fit on my Alpha Gen.1. Anybody got any ideas? I'm running out of options here. Thanks. Greg

gcarter
07-07-2004, 08:07 AM
Greg, take a look at this;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50442&item=2483542256&rd=1
There's no guarantee the ring is any better than yours. I'm going through the same thing. But it might be worthwhile if it's cheap enough.
I believe you'll find the #1 and the Alpha are nearly identical.

George :smash:

Ranman
07-07-2004, 08:35 AM
I believe Rootsy has adapted an Alpha Gen 1 to an Alpha Gen II gimbal ring. This is how he got an Alpha SS to fit his Gen II gimbal. I thing some small modifications were required. Sam may be able to speak to this also.

I think Root may be on vacation now and am not sure when he'll be back.

Rootsy
07-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Root is BACK from vacation... and will it fit? i believe so... but i cannot guarantee it... the area in the trim rams is different i believe... and the opening for lateral support of the drive might be greater.. there was a post a while back with my gen II measurements for bertram boy i believe...

the only modifications i had to make to put a gen I on a GEN II transom assy was to modify the bellhousing for the upper shift shaft stuff.