PDA

View Full Version : Help - fresh water pump not working

Darrell
07-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Could someone from the board give me a starting point, I'am trying to find out why my pump that delivers water to the sink and the sprayer on the transom won't work. It was working Friday and the tried it the next day with no luck. I have had the boat @ 2 years and might have run 30 gallons with it.

I checked the breaker, and fuse.

Darrell

Fish boy
07-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Could someone from the board give me a starting point, I'am trying to find out why my pump that delivers water to the sink and the sprayer on the transom won't work. It was working Friday and the tried it the next day with no luck. I have had the boat @ 2 years and might have run 30 gallons with it.

I checked the breaker, and fuse.

Darrell

What happens when you try to run it? Does it make a humming noise? Does your volt meter on the dash move? Does absolutely nothing happen? I am sure you checked this, but does the tank have water in it?

Digger
07-06-2004, 07:20 PM
If it does sound like it's running:

don't know how your system is plumbed but it may well have a small filter element somewhere downstream of the tank pickup, and either down or upstream of the expansion tank if you have one. I would suspect maybe this is clogged with normal stuff that builds up over time. It might be a pain to find if its anything like mine. :rolleyes:

Darrell
07-07-2004, 07:56 AM
It makes no sound at all, and it is full of water.

Darrell

BillR
07-08-2004, 07:20 AM
I had the same problem on an old Wellcraft. It is likely the pump is seized. You should remove the pump and check it out. New ones are relatively cheap and available at most marine outlets.