PDA

View Full Version : Claudia's in Greenport, LI. Saturday 10th

GEOO
07-05-2004, 09:47 PM
A few OSO guys are runing to Claudia's on Saturday July 10th. I was thinking of trailering the boat to CT River and running over. Would anyone be interested in going? Maybe meeting in the CT river or over in LI.

MOP
07-07-2004, 03:43 AM
George as per our conversation I will do my best to be there, hopefully more of the LI boys will come out east to see Mighty Mouse!

Phil

Jim
07-07-2004, 08:35 AM
George.
I wish this was last weekend, Jill and I got out without the trips and the sound was fairly calm. We keep our boat in Chester so this would be an easy trip for us but unfortunelty we will have the triplets with us this weekend. We would love
to swing by and say Hi so let me know what time your heading out.

Jim

Here is a pic of our boat

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2376

JimG205
07-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Would like to come and meet you guy's,but it's my nephew's graduation party day,next time definitely! Enjoy! Jim :boat:

GEOO
07-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Hey Jim, Jim, Maybe we'll hook up and run over there again.
Claudio's is a fun place, great burgers, clean water, fun place to cruise around.
MOP, It was a beautifull day, you must have been busy at the yard.
Chris showed up... He's doing well.

It was pretty cool seeing 10-12 Superboats, 24, 30's ect and a bunch of Fountain's all rafted uo at the docks. I was the only Donzi.

I'm mad at Jim (my passenger), he wouldn't take any picture's. It was a crazy sight, over the X-18's transom, thru the Arneson's rooster tail, with the Small Block Screaming all the boat's behind us!!! :eek:

I had a momment there, when I... well sort of felt like "Don"!!!

P.S. I need to sell this thing. (Monster)

(All seriousness aside...had a great time... made it home safe...and I had fun whippin some butt)
Here's some pics from OSO; Superboat's site.

GEOO
07-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Who stopped by? I missed you..

bverd
07-12-2004, 11:44 PM
Holly $#!#... 120mph!!! I want to go for ride again.

--bverd

MOP
07-13-2004, 07:14 AM
George I am bummed out that I missed you guys, my job stinks. All season long I watch others play. I waited 2 hours for my last appointment which kept me from running out by you. Creep didn't show or call but was insistent about time frame when he called the next day. You know what I felt like saying but just smiled through it.

Phil

Walt. H.
07-13-2004, 09:40 AM
Hi George,

You surely must have been a really big mph surprise sleeper to all the other big ocean race boats when you put the hammer down and waved bye bye! :eek: :rlol:

Yeah I too love that gps speedo reading pinned @ 120, I guess it has a tel-tail mode no blurred dash photo as with other 100 mph plus pix's. But the reading of your oil pressure gauge "0" is a little scary even idling @ 800 rpm's.
Just curious has it been retired?

All the Best,

Walt :wavey:

GEOO
07-13-2004, 10:26 AM
No.....The engine was just turned off. The tach drops down when the ign. comes back on. One of the Superboat guys took the photo.
I ran back to CT 20 miles in 3-4 footers later in the afternoon.

MLerner
07-13-2004, 01:35 PM
Hi George,

That was me in the photo looking for a place to dock to say hi. Was awfully crowded in there. But I'm glad I caught a glimpse of Mighty Mouse. Give me a shout next time you come over, I'd love to run with you for a spell. Best, Michael

Shanghied Again
07-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Hey George to bad it wasn't last weekend, I am in Norwak Conn now! I will be here till tomorow then I am going on Vacation

Walt. H.
07-14-2004, 07:34 AM
George,
I feel better about the photo but at the same time a little embarrassed because I should have realized the tach function. Mine does the same thing, what was I thinking? Opp's! :bonk:

3-4 ft, swells I guess you kept it at half throttle. :jestera: :crossfing :rlol:

Walt