PDA

View Full Version : Post your 4th of July Weekend Pics

Scott Heidt
07-05-2004, 02:50 PM
Hey guys,
Hope everyone had a great Holiday Weekend!
If you have a any cool pics of Donzi Cuties, Funny Pics,or most importantly your Donzi on the water post em here!

Here are some Donzi Girls, First Mate after a few Crown and Cokes!

Cuda
07-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Saturday, my buddy and I got on the river for the first time since I moved here. We took the fishboat down river from the Hwy 44 bridge, through Astor, on to Lake George and up Silver Glen.

Leaving at Hwy44.

Cuda
07-05-2004, 05:36 PM
Places at Astor.

Cuda
07-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Entering Lake George. It's a pretty damn big lake!

Cuda
07-05-2004, 05:39 PM
Entering Silver Glen. Law Enforcement was present in good numbers. Two were at the island at the mouth.

Cuda
07-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Up in the spring run.

Cuda
07-05-2004, 05:45 PM
When we were leaving the Glen, I could see storm clouds building. The storm hit just as we were coming off the lake into the river. Lightning and hard rain made for an interesting ride back to Astor. I was glad I had my bimini top on the fishboat.
:biggrin:

We stopped at Blair Jungle Den for burgers and a couple drinks (coke for me). On Saturday and Sunday, burgers are a buck, and the drinks (Captain) must have been cheap too because two burgers, to Captains, and a Coke were $11.79! Can't beat that.

While sitting there, we saw what had to be embarrasing for this owner. What looked like a pretty new boat being towed by a pontoon! :eek!:

Cuda
07-05-2004, 05:47 PM
When we finished lunch, I saw more storm clouds, so once we left the Astor idle zone, I didn't pay much attention to the 30 mph speed limit and spanked the fishboat for all it was worth back to the ramp. I'll take the Minx on the next trip, I just used the fishboat because I didn't know the waters.

gcarter
07-05-2004, 07:03 PM
The Glen is nice when there's not three hundred boats in it. Really peaceful.
Blackwater Inn has at times been a good place to eat.

George

Cuda
07-05-2004, 07:37 PM
Actually, the Glen wasn't as crowded as I had expected. There were several places I could have beached the boat. Also, I was surprized that the boat ramp wasn't more crowded. It was only about half full when we launched. Deb didn't go with us, but I had her ride to the ramp with us and take the truck and trailer back home and called her when we got near the ramp coming back.

Scott Heidt
07-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Wow. Cool Pics. I think I need to get over there. The water looks so clear. I liked the slide of the back of that one boat!

Did Johnny Law stop ya?

That lake looks huge! How wide is it?

Jamesbon
07-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Camped at Shell Island Sunday night for the multiple fireworks from St. Pete and the surrounding beaches. Left bright and early for Egmont Key where we enjoyed the sand and surf.

rchevelle71
07-06-2004, 09:30 AM
Wife forgot the Camera at Home:smash: :smash: , But we got the Boat on the water for the first time in 9 Months, with the New exhaust, and all New interior:biggrin: :biggrin: , Here is a pic of where we were hangin' from a previous trip, John Lloyd Park in Dania Beach. Mine is the second Boat in, not counting the canoes.

How 'bout that Bimini........

CUDA:cistineb: :cistineb:

If you walk over the Sand in front of the boats, about 100 yards is the beach in the second Pic, or you can just swim in Whiskey Creek.

Sport
07-06-2004, 10:25 AM
MadPoodle,

Hey, I dig your mini BBQ pit !

Sport

Marlin275
07-06-2004, 11:09 AM
3 Days of fun and Donzi
and nothing but fun and Donzi!

Team Jefe
07-06-2004, 11:11 AM
THe Poodle pit is cool. Give it up Dog, full specs....and can you get it for me at Dealer cost :)

Nice pics folks, look slike everybody had a good time. I see Cuda is wasting no time settling in to his new digs. :lookaroun

Darrell
07-06-2004, 11:45 AM
We hung out at "Hell's Gate" all day and watch the fireworks that night. Fun was had by all, thanks to :beer: and :smileybo: , we did see a boat sink however.

Darrell

Darrell
07-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Don't drink and try to photo :eek!:

Cuda
07-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Wife forgot the Camera at Home:smash: :smash: ,

Did you get married and not tell us??? :cistineb:

Cuda
07-06-2004, 01:40 PM
How 'bout that Bimini........

CUDA:cistineb: :cistineb:

Bimini tops are perfectly acceptable on cruisers, pontoons, and fishboats, just NOT ON A PERFORMANCE BOAT!! :umbrella:

DonziChick
07-06-2004, 02:29 PM
I made the run from Port Clinton, up the Detroit river to Lake St. Clair this weekend. And you Michigan guys are right Muskamoot (sp??) Bay is a blast! The only bad part is that I wasnt in a Donzi. I rode in a 28 Cig and we had two Baja's as well. Oh and a sea plane!! :) Apparently the guys I was with knew a guy who regularly flies his sea plane to the bay so we chatted with him and went to dinner and everything. Super nice guy. Here's the pics of the ride back. I did see a Donzi there, walked over and talked to him for awhile (Edit: looked it up, his name is Jabes). I thought I saw another Donzi (white with red stripe) on its way out but couldnt figure out what size (16 or 18) Looked like he was towing somebody else out. Anybody else at the Bay on Saturday??

The only bad part was the trip home on Sunday. We were running in BIG water (5-7's) on the way home and my friend hit her nose/lip on a grab rail. The 1 hour trip from the Detroit river turned into an almost 3 hour ride on the way home. A couple of stitches for her later, she's fine. All's well that ends well (especially when the blood comes off the white interior :) )

Fish boy
07-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Great pics everyone.

I took a lot of pics on the fourth, but this one is my favorite. I messed around with f-stop and a few other things which I am not quite sure what their actual function is, and got a cool pic of my nephew (sister's son) in the foreground checking out the fireworks in a way only little kids really can.

Fish

rchevelle71
07-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Did you get married and not tell us??? :cistineb:
NAH,

just feels like it:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rchevelle71
07-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Bimini tops are perfectly acceptable on cruisers, pontoons, and fishboats, just NOT ON A PERFORMANCE BOAT!! :umbrella:
actually that is an old picture, I forgot:yes: :yes: it at home(on purpose), I like it better without the bimini too. I am still trying to figure out what category this thing fits into.......

23 foot bowrider, with a midcabin, small block 350, with thru-hulls?????

OK, it is a family runabout, with a crapper, on steroids:beer: :beer:

Donzi Kid
07-06-2004, 03:44 PM
No pics (well I dont know about my dad thought), but we have property up north in MI, we had a lot 'a fun. We had lots of friends up for a good time. The weekend was fine but after everyone left but two of my friends (Jessie and Jay) stayed for a while longer. we told their parents we'd be on the road bye 6 o'clock. so we went knee-boarding and my brother was getting in and Jay was getting out this FEMALE driver on a boat ran over our tow rope and jerked the back of the boat around and he was getting up on the outdrive and the boat jerked us around he fell back in and got wipped around bettwen the outdrive and the trimtabes. my dads goin nuts yelling at this boat and i turn to the outdrive and hes gone!!! Thank god he got to the side of the boat and I heard a faint cry and there he is on the starboard side with his lifejacket up to his ears. so I start pullin him out, wil yellin to the driver of the other boat and getting my dad to help me get him out. Its a really good thing that the Donzi hugs the corners like its on rails and goes so friken fast!!! we speen to our place got him off the donzi threw every thing in the van and truck and took off to the hospital at 80 m.p.h! I have never seen that truck go so fast. we get to the hospital in 15 min. witch it ushually takes 25 min. we were the only ones in emergency so he got in and out pretty fast around 2 hrs. He only suffers about 15 cuts and 2 deep gashes and 5 stitches. If thats bad enough me and my dad on the way home get pulled over. we tell the cop the whole storie asks for the ushual stuff and goes back to the cop car and he comes back and loud enough to hear the radio says "and he's up for reilection in 2006" so we get home and start unpacking.
well thats my forth of july!!!

Donzi Kid

p.s.
I have nothing agenst female drivers exept that one!

Speed-Racer
07-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Rained during booth firework shows....not fun watching in the car.

Hey Nate's alive..... Your canopy looks like something out of Castaway :bonk:

Cuda we'll make it up the river with you one of these days....

Cuda
07-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Hey Nate's alive..... Your canopy looks like something out of Castaway :bonk:

I was going to ask Nate where he gets that custom canvas work done. Nice! :hyper:

gcarter
07-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Joe you met Elaine briefly at Mt. Dora. She's as tall as I am. If she says "Bimini!", I jump. :uzi:

George

Fish boy
07-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Donzi Kid, man what a scary story- glad your friend was ok and your brother did not get hurt. There are way too many idiots on the waters... I'm thinking about mounting a 50 cal on my bow and culling the herd a bit. LOL

Donzi Kid
07-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Hes fine but i didnt sleep much.

I was just over there and he was running up the stairs.
he is really okay

thats not a bad idea Madpoodle!

Donzi Kid

I am never going to climb up the outdrive ever again!!!

Sport
07-07-2004, 06:59 AM
Cool pics.

Donzigo
07-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Enjoyed all the pics. Good idea, Scott!............making a thread to post the weekend's pics. Do it again, sometime.

No pics; but, we boated at Shell Island, as usual. Took my 5 week old grand-baby for his first "naked" swim, with Donzigo Jr. & mother looking on nervously.............got to get em started early.

MOP
07-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Finally got a few shots of our family bash yeah a few friends showed up too! Here is pic's of the mob, some hula dancers, a Guppy caught that morning, my youngest grand kid and me drunk enough trying to hula.

kjly63
07-08-2004, 07:26 AM
:boat: This wasn'nt a part of my 4th weekend; but thought you might like this. Gotta love her patriotism. :eek: :eek:

Kenny

Fish boy
07-08-2004, 08:37 AM
phil, looks like a killer bash :biggrin: :beer:

MOP
07-08-2004, 12:44 PM
phil, looks like a killer bash :biggrin: :beer:

It is a perfect place for drunks, the johns are up hill and if you can't make it up they throw you in the canal. We had a great time as we do every year, I made it up the hill this year!

Donzigo
07-08-2004, 02:12 PM
...........the Patriotic picutre was taken from another website. I have the other two pictures that go with it..........the caption I saw was: "Auburn cheerleader shows high energy"

kjly63
07-10-2004, 01:05 PM
:angryfire I had the 3 pic's up.......someone edited the other 2 out. I guess I should have posted in the Donzi Girls forum. :confused:

Crazy Horse
07-10-2004, 02:09 PM
The highlight to my 4th each year is that it is my Dad's birthday. This year he turned 78 and he is pictured here in a pic with all his grand kids. Other highlight was that my brother took delivery of a new Chris Craft Launch 25, what a boat! Lil Horse driving Crazy Horse and some of Donzi Trish included as well.

Crazy Horse
07-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Part 2

Cuda
07-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Here it is July 10th, and we are still in the holiday mood. We had some freinds come over from St Pete, so we drove up to Blairs Jungle Den for lunch. Lunch on the water with dollar burgers and dollar bloody mary's. :)