PDA

View Full Version : Very Serious

Dave98
07-05-2004, 02:42 PM
This not the proper forum for this topic but it is the most viewed one and I would like as many people as possible to know of this danger.

We were anchored in a cove with a bunch of boats. There was a large 4th of July party going on. Plenty of music, drink etc happening. There were several large houseboats where the music was coming from. To power the electronics they had their generators going.

There were dozens of people on the houseboats and more in the water around them. There was also people sitting on the swim platforms. You can probably see where this is going. All of a sudden 2 girls passed out at the same time that were sitting on the swim deck by the generator exhaust. One was saved, one was not.

Within minutes, we had people swimming under and between the BIG house boats looking for the one girl. It was another disaster waiting to happen.

Please, be aware of the carbon monoxide that the generators produce. Be real careful when there is water and booze being mixed.

I hope this did not sound like a lecture, it was not intended to be one. Simply a education for those that don't know about the danger of the above situation. This ruined a great holiday weekend and it will be on our minds for quit sometime.

I have a daughter of approximately the age of the one that was lost. It hit very close to home for me.

Be careful out there.

David Farrington

Fish boy
07-05-2004, 10:26 PM
I am sorry to hear about this tragedy David. Thoughts and prayers to her family.

Fish