PDA

View Full Version : high performance 502 ready to rock!

fasttrucker
07-27-2002, 08:31 AM
took my 28zx out friday morn. :) all upgrades are finished.the first thing i noted is the boat is much louder even with the quick+quiet on.since i added stainless marine exhast,took out the baffles in the pipes,had to increase the size of the flaps in the back.next thing i noted was that the boat is faster at slow speeds i think this is due to the new 4-blade spinelli prop.also when the computer was reprogamed in az speed shop,one of the mod. was to increase idle speed.along with adv. timing,increasing the richness,uping the rev limiter.when i hit the gas the boat took off fine. :p my new guard-dog goggles didnt get to me untill the afternoon so since i couldnt see :( i kept the boat speeds slow,also the rain+ruff water made me stop early. :rolleyes: ill report back tonight about the speed.master mech. tony said test drive was 72mph.so i guess i gained 5-6 mph,thats a cost of $833 per mile!but anyway the boat is set up cool now and the sea-stainer is neat, the water goes around inside,the air is now not going thru the motor. :cool:

MOP
07-27-2002, 11:24 AM
Sounds good, lots of good Donzi Days ahead!

fasttrucker
07-27-2002, 08:46 PM
back from sat run.boat did not see much improvement on top end but was loaded with full tank and 4 persons.top speed rpm was 4900 with 26 pitch prop might try 24 next week anyway had a great day in farlee creek lots of performance boats,marina had a band,ect.kids went tubing and i got my 6year old airborn.i was :rolleyes: a :rolleyes: bad daddy he was rocket power.i wish i could have a video. wink

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-28-2002, 08:57 AM
FAST, sounds great, glad you are back on the water! Sounds fun and exciting!

So, sign up for our HRPA poker run next weekend and lets have some fun, I am sure you have $75 left over! LOL

Stay in touch man.
Bryan