PDA

View Full Version : Y Pipe Installation-advice needed!

JimG205
07-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Installing Captain's Call system on the factory thru hull exhaust on the Minx.What's the best way to install the y pipe and the least intrusive on the SBC Alpha One?All suggestions and techniques appreciated. :wavey:

MOP
07-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Jim you have to remove the engine to do it, did you find a Y local or do you still want to come and get mine?

Phil

Greg
07-05-2004, 01:19 PM
I jsut did mine, Phil's right about removing the engine, You also have to have an exhaust bellows installed. I looked that one over and decided to take it to a marina for the bellows install. I got my "Y" pipe from a guy down south for 150 bucks, brand new including shipping. He sells them on e-bay. If you need to contact him, let me know he's a good guy to deal with. Good luck.

MOP
07-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Greg Jim and I went over this he is going with diverters just will be switching just for low speed, the belows is needed for through prop exhaust only the water rushing by the prop helps to pull the exhaust out enhancing performance. If running just through drive exhaust you will lose a bit of power without the bellows, I know from trying it it cost 200 RPM at top end.

Jim is lucky he has 13 inches in front of his engine he will just move it forward and leave it in the hole.

Phil