PDA

View Full Version : What iterior paint

harbormaster
07-03-2004, 02:01 PM
I have torn all the carpet and headlier out of the iterior of the boat. It is bare glass undereath. I would like to paint everything a gloss white. I am torn betweengelcoat ad paint.

Are their any suggestions for the best results for the least about of work? especially interested i any brands someone has used before.

MOP
07-05-2004, 08:06 AM
Scot this tip usually only goes out to my close customers and associates, the paints that Tom makes were selected by Bertram Corp to refinish the oldest know Bertram in existence (pretty high tribute). Tom was formerly a paint engineer for Pettit and developed the product while in their employ, for reasons unknown Pettit did not want to produce it. He bought out of his contract but must buy all base materials through them. I have watched the results for many years it is the toughest most durable product I have ever encountered. The paint is so tough it is the only one that will not wear through on the decks of a friends outboard rental fleet in the Bahamas, before using it he would have to pull boats out of service during the season and loose $$$. My partner has just gotten done doing his hull, deck and interior on his 30 year old resto glass sail boat that was just appraised at $70,000. I have several boats that are using the varnish product one of which has a Hans Christian has had it on for 11 years, no other varnish product can match that durability. You can believe every single word that is on Toms site. I stake my reputation on it with every single friend or client that I put onto it with -0- failure!

http://www.signaturefinish.com/

Lenny
07-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Scot, a paint brush, some white gel-cote pigment, some air dryer (wax), and some resin is pretty easy too. The finish is glossy and very easy to apply.

gcarter
07-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Hi HM;
You might want to investigate the epoxy paint used for driveways and garage floors. It aparently comes in almost any color imaginable. Here in Retiresville, it seems to be required to have this done to your driveway (I don't have it). So it should be durable and apparently it will satick to any thing, including greasy garage floors.

George