PDA

View Full Version : New owner of Classic 16

GDM1952
07-01-2004, 03:10 PM
I am the happy new owner of a 1995/96 Classic 16. 4.3 L LXi I have wanted one since I saw one 30 some years ago.
The PO owner kept excellent care for the boat infact it hardly looks used. The UPC sticker is still intact on the OD. The only thing needing attention is the faded:frown: Red stripe. Question is the stripe painted on or is it Gel coat? What is the best paint to use if appropriate./
Other question: What is the website for the "Bawana.banana ???"? sunshade kit talked about on the forum? I looked for several hours and could not find the discussion about it.

Thanks

Sport
07-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Welcome ! Look in the preformance section on the 1st or 2nd page and there are photos of somebody who just did the job. I forgot what is titled though.

Sport
26 ZX

It is titled " a few more progress photos "

Greg K
07-01-2004, 03:41 PM
Congrats and Welcome...:beer:
Bwana Shade (http://lostbwana.com/bimini2.htm)

slick
07-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Welcome, congratulations, on your new found addiction, the 16' Classic is a very cool boat. :cool: The stripe should be gelcoated in and I would suggest you try 3M Marine Fiberglass Restorer and Wax Part Number 09005 (available cheaper at some NAPA Stores) 1ST before you even consider paint. Use TERRY TOWELS and you may just bring the finish back but it takes hard work, short strokes working the compound into the gelcoat finish small areas at a time, Read the Directions, Then follow them and you may be pleasantly surprized with the results. If this product does not bring back the finish afer a couple of tries, then proceed to find out about painting. Good Luck.

MOP
07-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Welcome Aboard! And WAX on WAX off, WAX on WAX off, and have a few :beer: :biggrin:

Cuda
07-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Welcome! Where did you find a big enough pond in West By Gosh to put a boat in?? :rlol: My dad's from outside of Beckley in Cool Ridge.

RedDog
07-02-2004, 07:55 AM
... What is the website for the "Bawana.banana ???"? sunshade kit ...

http://lostbwana.com/bimini2.htm

GDM1952
07-03-2004, 08:50 PM
Thanks for your replies guidance and link to BWANA.
I live in along the Ohio river and close to some really nice lakes in southeast ohio. Allot of good boating around here.
Thanks again
Bummer I didn't have all the documents to register the trailor so I will have to "boat" from the shore. Actually there was a good hyroplane race not too far here on the Ohio.
I grew up near Lake George in NY. Beutiful lake. I would like to get back up and run my boat up there.
Thanks again.
GDM

Scott Heidt
07-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Welcome to the Registry! Love to see some pics! Come to the Hometown rally this year. This year will be huge!

Fish boy
07-05-2004, 06:39 AM
hey GDM1952, cnograts on your new baby and welcome tothe registry. Post some pics if you get a chance.

fish

Speed-Racer
07-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Weclome aboard, and enjoy the ride!!

You story is much like my Dad's, he wanted one since he first saw them in Miami as a teenager.

Any question about it, let us know.

Donzi Kid
07-06-2004, 08:46 PM
Hey welcome to the board.
Madpoodles right it is a dieses cause I caught it.

Donzi Kid