PDA

View Full Version : Need Verification Please

GKricheldorf
06-29-2004, 06:33 PM
I have not flushed my motor since I returned from Lake Havasu :banghead: mainly because I spun my flywheel coupler. My question is this. Since I have a hose fitting on the back of my boat can I use that to flush the motor without inflicting injury to my motor? It does connect to the oil/ps cooler internally then on to the rest of the cooling system. I have removed my out drive already to troubleshoot the issue. I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks from a paranoid individual!!!

Digger
06-29-2004, 06:38 PM
shouldn't be an issue. if you follow the plumbing of the transom line it probably T's in before it hits the motor.

while you're down there rooting around ensure the raw water lines are all secure and that the transom fitting is secure. An air leak in that transom line can cause air being sucked in vice water.

when the new coupler goes in make sure its greased.

MOP
06-29-2004, 07:30 PM
If the flush kit does not have a check valve you will need to cork the water passage in the gimble, put the hose to it and see if a lot of water shoots out even with the check valve a little comes out. A soft pine or cedar wooden plug works well it needs to be tight to hold under hose pressure.

Phil

BUIZILLA
06-29-2004, 07:32 PM
If you have an Alpha, you can use the transom flush, provided you have the Alpha water pump and not an engine driven sea water pump.

JH