PDA

View Full Version : Weenie Bar Rail Ends and Supports

rustnrot
06-29-2004, 02:25 PM
Does anyone know a source for new weenie bar ends and supports? They appear to be die cast (potmetal) and are installed on a 1967 Ski Sporter that we are restoring. We would rather buy new than rechrome (thinking cheaper). As you all know there are two end pieces about 6-7" long and 5 or 6 mid supports.

gcarter
06-29-2004, 02:52 PM
Tom, can you post some pictures? There's a large surplus store in Daytona that I frequent. I'll be glad to look.

George

Lenny
06-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Rich had 'em, both items. But he is hard to get hold of. His were new copies of original, not NOS.

BERTRAM BOY
06-29-2004, 08:43 PM
I beleive Rich Pflaumer has these for sale under "parts for sale"

RPD
06-29-2004, 09:34 PM
I have a '76 16OB and I think the bar is the same... the end pieces and uprights were chromed zinc and after 26 years in saltwater were beginning to corroid & flake... I found near exact replacements in stainless but I don't remember where... the whole thing looks original exept that the stainless has a more quality look for those who can tell the difference.... SO, keep looking, don't put cheesy stuff on an old Donzi!

mphatc
06-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Does anyone know how to reach Rich??? I've tried with no success!

Mario L.

olredalert
06-30-2004, 09:57 AM
Mario,

-----For what ever reason I dont think you are goung to reach Rich. Its been a couple of years now since his last post. Hope all is well with him.
-----Earl-the-Pearl (Stilson), a pretty big salvor here in Detroit (Marine Sales and Equipment) has those ends. I think they are the stainless ones, but am not sure having never looked too close at them. He is about 40 minutes from me and I will stop the next time Im down that way if you need. I just found his number. Its 586-468-0937. He has an internet adress but I cant believe you would be better off E-mailing him. Hes really knowledgeable so make sure you ask for him, not one of the counter girls...........Bill S

rustnrot
06-30-2004, 10:08 AM
After sending the originals to the chromer, I believe I have found a stash of NOS. At least they found the end pieces, a dozen or so and they are looking for the middle pieces. The end pieces are the "elbow" looking style not the button style. The middle pieces are simply a stand off with the 7/8" "circle" held up by two "legs" one on either side. I'd post a pic but they are at the chromer. Supposedly the ones found are chrome plated diecast just like the originals. If I am successful in finding and buying these, does anyone else want any?

Lenny
06-30-2004, 10:13 AM
I will take a set for my 16 please, 2 ends and whatever amount of standoffs required. (I am not able to see the existing right now.

Thanx

rustnrot
06-30-2004, 10:19 AM
Ding!! Keep those requests coming folks but it sounds like I need to see how many they have, verify it is what we all want, and buy them. All of them. I'll keep you all posted!!