PDA

View Full Version : Anchoring Hardware/ Technique (Need some sagely advice. )

Scott Heidt
06-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Hey I have a question. I need some insight on Anchoring my Hornet II.

I don't want to tie off the anchor line to the bow cleat. I do not have bow chocks to keep the line from rubbing the deck and I rather not add them.

I see people run the line through the U-bolt on the bow. It looks like they tie a knot at the length of line they want to let out.

1. Is there a piece of hardware that would clip on the U-bolt and fasten to the anchor line and secure it in place?
( I was thinking that there must be something used in mountain climbing that might work.)

2. How much anchor line should I get? Is there one type that is better than another? ( I only plan on anchoring out near shore. The only reason I would anchor in deep water would be for an emergency situation.)

I have a box anchor and the beach spike. I just rather get input from you guys so I don't use the trial and error method! :)

Sam
06-29-2004, 03:02 PM
What would be the max depth you plan to anchor in ? As a rule for every one foot of water you need three feet of line as a min. As for a snap there are several styles to choose from. The only thing you would need to be carefull of is the snap smacking the gel coat as the boat is rocking witht he waves.

Sam