PDA

View Full Version : Another Blue Pill, just smaller!

mphatc
06-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Finally, it's in, and it's all lined up! :yippie:

Here's a few pictures of todays progress. We installed the engine, and aligned it with the drive. Everything worked as planned. The Merc alignment shaft slides in and out like . . . well, lets justr say it feeels good! :smile: :smile:

I have most of the other items all worked out, just a bunch of installations to do, remote oil fliter, electric fuel pump, filter and line. I've also made a whole new wiring harness . . Hopefully Wednesday we'll set the deck . . .

I never thought I'd get there . . . :smash: knock on wood it's ready for the Winni Poker Run!

Mario

mphatc
06-27-2004, 08:28 PM
A few more shots

the details take soo much time!

For those interrested. I am using a BMW M5 power steering pump, and added a double groove front pulley, a bit longer but still allows the use of the original Jabsco pump as set up by H&M. I rebuilt this with a new impeller from Globe, allows it to be run dry! Not that I want to.

Enjoy,
Mario

MOP
06-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Where do I start perfection another really good looking PILL! The aft mount is awesome, curious were all Corsicans setup with the manifold setups reversed. It helps to keep it a bit quieter at idle speeds.

Phil

MOP
06-27-2004, 09:44 PM
I like the sturdyness of the HM front mount is it solid?

Dr. Dan
06-27-2004, 09:45 PM
:cool!: Looks Great Mario....I can't wait to see and hear it run....very Sanitary Install...First Class for sure...

Doc :bonk:

mphatc
06-27-2004, 09:55 PM
Thanks Dan and Phil,

Phil, for the mounts I cut up an old bellhousing, and retained the inserted mounts, although I did remove the spring that the rear mounts typically sit on. I created this piece with a sabre saw, die grinder, and a lot of fileing. Interesting was that the original front mounts were not on the correct level, onw was 1/2" lower than the other!! Didn't matter on the Volvo. I reversed the H&M logs as it was the only way to clear the power steering assembly.

Mario
off to sleep, up at 5 am every day this week to finish this . . I want to go boating!!!

MOP
06-27-2004, 10:50 PM
I thought of trying reversed risers awhile back but on the 16 everything is shoe horned in. I was kicking around using the Chris Craft oval side exhausts, also I know if the hose is dropped low enough so it holds water it helps to muffle the boat a fair bit a low speeds good enough to not be offensive in the creek.

Eugene Nahemow
06-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Very nice installation!!
There are going to be many new restored Classics on the water this year.

Are those the exhaust tips? Did you have them replated?

Enjoy.

penbroke
06-28-2004, 01:18 PM
Interesting was that the original front mounts were not on the correct level, onw was 1/2" lower than the other!! Didn't matter on the Volvo.

I noticed the same thing on my (non HM) Ford/Volvo. The starboard mount was (is) about 1/2" lower than the port mount. I thought it was just sloppy installation but now I wonder if there is a reason??

The boat looks great Mario!! Are you going to make the July 4 date?

Frank
It floats. :yes:

mphatc
06-28-2004, 08:53 PM
Yes The exhaust outlets have been replated, and I _will_ be running with flaps.

On this boat the port mount was 7/16" low. I suspect they paid no attention to this as alignment on the Volvo rear could literally be at any angle.

Will I make the 4th . . no I doubt it , work in the shop takes precedence, so I have to focus on getting otyhers toys out the door, while looking at mine in the next bay over . . .

There's alot left to do, and I don't want to hustle my ass off for a w/e of boating while the lake is crowded with idiots anyways . . atleast I am trying to convince my self of that !

Mario

Fish boy
06-29-2004, 06:52 AM
Looks Great Mario!

mphatc
07-10-2004, 05:12 AM
With any luck we'll fire her up tomorrow!

then deck can go on on Sunday, and the drive assembly can be done . . just in time for a few days of running prior to the Winni Poker Run fingers crossed!

Mario

mphatc
07-10-2004, 05:22 AM
these were taken while working, so not everything is "in place" nor completed . . fwiw

Mario

gcarter
07-10-2004, 06:22 AM
Mario;
Beautiful work!
Keeping your last statement in mind, where is the Holley "low oil pressure-fuel pump shut down" switch? The reason I ask is, I'm useing an electric Holley pump and regulator too. So I'm looking for those types of details?

George

MOP
07-10-2004, 07:36 AM
Damn its looks real good with the reversed exhaust, looks trick and mysterious!

Phil

Donzigo
07-10-2004, 08:04 AM
One of the cleanest installs ever.

Nice going, Mario.

olredalert
07-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Mario,

--------My deepest apologies to your wife for all the hours you have lost together by buying the Corsican from me. You have done so much you must be sleeping at the shop. For those of you who havent been to Marios shop thats not a bad thing as the day I was there everything was pretty much immaculate.
--------I sold you a nice little boat and you are going to end up with a showpiece. I feel like a proud grandfather.
--------The valve-covers look very tasty as does everything else. Sure wish you guys could make it over to the MADCOW meet. Our two boats would be something side by side.............Bill S

mphatc
07-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Thanks for all the kind words Guys!

Linda has informed me that this is boating season and I need to get it done!!!

To that end we worked on it all day, completing the whole new wiring harness, tieing up some loose ends enough to fire her up . . . .

WOW, after a quik pre prime of the lube circuits I stuck in the distributor, filled the Holley with fuel, from the new tank via the pump, gave the key a twist, and instantly , I mean INSTANTLY !!! it sprang to life! :yes: :yes: :beer: :beer: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Mario . . .heading home to a big bottle of bubbly!