PDA

View Full Version : Engine Flush Donzi 22ZX

mallorylb
06-27-2004, 08:46 AM
I purchased a 2000 Donzi 22ZX with a 454 engine. How does one flush the engine with a Bravo Outdrive? The only intakes I can find are on the lower-end, backside of the outdrive. Does this take a special attachment or is their another way to flush the engine and outdrive? Many Thanks.

BabyDonzi
06-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Yes, you need a special flush attachment for your hose, the "ear muffs" won't work. I had to buy one when I bought my boat, same year and engine. Any Merc dealer should be able to get you one.
:banghead:

DJ13
06-28-2004, 04:21 PM
The intake is a small slot on the "torpedo" side of the lower unit that the attachment covers when flushing. If you're boating in salt water, try Salt Away as well. I just got turned on to it myself. Seems to be a great product and comes highly recommended for neutralizing some of the harsh effects of salt in your engine.

txtaz
06-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Here's a pic of the type you need for low water pickups.
Wes 'Having fun with the new Nikon D-70'

BabyDonzi
06-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Yes, that is the Gizmo I was trying to describe!
And remember, unless you are using "Industrial Strength" garden hose with super high pressure , 1500 RPM max when flushing!

:umbrella:

It never rains in South Florida...............

DJ13
06-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Yeah, best to stick around 1300 rpm to be safe. I've heard all kinds of theories as to how long to keep flushing as well. This Salt Away stuff only requires the soap to be applied while flushing for about 30 seconds. You turn off the motor then turn off the suds a few seconds later and leave it. I like to run water before the suds for 5-8 minutes anyway, just to make myself feel better about it.