PDA

View Full Version : prop problem

metraman
06-26-2004, 06:03 AM
Just came up from the lake and 26P turbo lightning won't come up on plane. When it does [1/2 mile] and all the tab I have it sure does not feel like the 25P quicksilver I took off. It came up to 5000 RPM maybe more but I ran out of lake. Did not have a lot of time tonight I have dinner plans. The boat 22' Classic starts off fine then the prop just slips.Seem like a lot of my porpising is gone.Something sure does not seem right any help would be great.
Thanks

slick
06-26-2004, 09:16 AM
I had problems with the Turbo Lightning on my 22' Classic, my 02 would be to trade it in on a Turbo 26" pitch

V E C T O R

The Lightning Prop slipped or spun at 2000 RPM and when it did bite the water it picked-up the back of the classic and sent the boat into a starboard nose dive. :eek!:

The V E C T O R is designed and developed for the Mercury Bravo Drive with B I G Horsepower :embarasse

If you think the 26" pitch is correct go with the VECTOR from Turbo, its the largest pitch (26) they offer in the Vector Line.

I know alot of 22' Classic guys swear by the Turbo ONE Prop have you even considered this Prop ? All I can add is the LIGHTNING was NOT the correct prop for my 22' Classic, it totally sucked for this application. :hyper: