PDA

View Full Version : H E L P Bravo I to 1969 Morse Control

mphatc
06-25-2004, 09:26 PM
One last hurdle . . .

This H&M Ford to a Bravo I is not going to beat me . . :biggrin: :biggrin:

But I need some help desperately! I ordered a longer Morse 33c cable and what ever Mercruiser adapters I could find . . There's NFW that is going to work!!!!

I need to connect the original single Morse control on my 69 Corsican to a Bravo I . . . do I need to build a custom cable?

Please someone tell me what I need. My engineering mind is getting fatigued on this project!

but it will be Coool! :beer:

Mario working hard for the Winni Poker Run!!!!

BERTRAM BOY
06-25-2004, 10:28 PM
Mario,
I used Morse controls and cables to an Alpha. Aren't the shift brackets the same? Morse makes adapters to use with Merc systems.

MOP
06-26-2004, 12:09 AM
Mario do you have the Merc shift converter, it is the piece mounted on the port riser of Mercs? Thats what marries the shifter and drive cables together, take a peek a at Merc setup and get hold of a Merc manual to set it up right. If you need a converter let me know I have a few Buds with good stashes, probably a few kicking around.

Phil

BERTRAM BOY
06-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Mario,
The adapters to get the Morse cables to mount to the Merc shift bracket is Teleflex part #302123.

BERTRAM BOY

mphatc
06-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Thank you Phil and Cliff!

so this evil looking shift bracket is ussually mounted high and visably . . eeeeuuuch!

Cliff, you are running an Alpha, and need to interupt your ignition momentarily for a shift, the bravo doesn't need this, so can I mount this ugly apparatus somewhere else???

What function does it serve? is there a way to run the shift cable directly from my Morse control to the drive? I've gone this far, I'm happy to engineer or imaginair another set up :rolleyes: . . .

me is thinking that I should have stayed with a Volvo and a Ford . . . my 401K would be much better for it!

Mario

more pictures tomorrow night!

BERTRAM BOY
06-27-2004, 08:47 AM
Mario,
The only reason I mounted the shift bracket on the riser, is because that's where it's mounted on the stock riser, and it's just easier than rewiring for the shift interupter switch. You can mount yours on the the transom or on the underside of the deck where it's out of site. I don't really see an easy way to eliminate the bracket, although, I suppose anything is possible. It's got to be easier using the bracket than to try to re-engineer something........how do I know this?
Phil is absolutley right, Get yourself a Mercruiser manual. There is a LOT more detailed information than you will find in a "generic" manual. Check Ebay, I bought a stack of manuals for about $50.
If you need more detailed info, call me.