PDA

View Full Version : I purchased a 33ZX, newest HRPA boat.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-24-2004, 07:04 PM
ok, last try, had picture upload issues.

Well we took the plunge, found an '03 33ZX at Jackson Marine with the graphics we wanted.

Thanks to UNDERTAKER for the advice and data.
Only issue is the 3 week wait for a new trailer, but DIGGER has offered his help to get it in our dry rack here while we wait.
One week of hell negotiating, the mexican stand off portion was hard on the Tuvell vodka supply, but worth the wait.

Short of them miss representing the boat on the phone and in the pictures, she is ours.
We are booked in North East MD for this Saturday to splash her and check her out.
Bryan

(pictures attached)

Mr X
06-24-2004, 07:09 PM
Congrats bryan.
Just in time for the cool graphics & the 4th of July weekend!!

Digger
06-24-2004, 07:12 PM
:beer: CONGRATS BRYAN AND NANCY !! :beer:

McGary911
06-24-2004, 07:13 PM
Congrats on the sweet boat! Glad you stayed in the "family" ;)

I was in a 33 at the AC show a few months back. Man was it sweet! Started doing some math in my head.....decided to have another Bud instead, lest i do something stupid.

Hope you have better luck than whith the 28!

olemissalum
06-24-2004, 07:21 PM
Man Bryan, I think you and I have the same tastes!!! I saw that boat for sale and thought it was the best looking 33ZX I had ever seen. Congrats and all I can say is WOW!!!

ToonaFish
06-24-2004, 07:26 PM
You know, Bryan and Nancy are just the greatest hosts in the world... how many folks would buy a red white and blue 33 just to amuse me during my 7/4 visit?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

nauti-props
06-24-2004, 07:37 PM
Congrats on the new boat!

gcarter
06-24-2004, 07:50 PM
Way to go Brian! :lightning
What better way to exercise your belief in the American system than buying a new boat! :ribbon:

(there's no American flag here, so the ribbon will have to do)

George

Scott Heidt
06-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Congrats! Love the graphics!

undertaker
06-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Thanks Bryan for the compliment :biggrin: Looking forward to seeing you and Nancy on Saturday. I know you will love this boat, Kim and I do thats why ours for now is not for sale :yes:
Undertaker :beer:

MOP
06-24-2004, 08:28 PM
Awesome Bryan, did the postman have any bearing on the switch?

Phil

DON N.
06-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Perfect. Good Luck.

roadtrip se
06-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Perfect, just perfect!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-24-2004, 08:57 PM
MOP, you lost me on the postman comment.
We have been ready to move up in size a long time, not a decision Nancy could make overnight, it has taken a long time to get our family ready for the upgrade. And when Nancy emailed me this picture and said "I will always be a Donzi girl" I made the move.
I know, sappy story line... LOL

We are real excited, hell I am up an hour past my bedtime!
Bryan

a couple more pictures

Dr. Dan
06-24-2004, 09:08 PM
:spongebob Congrats Bryan.....Let me know when you'll be over there...I might be able to run with you...that is my home Port....I put in at Anchor.....my cell is 717-512-3656...

I'm a Bachelor thru Saturday...Liz is in D.C.

Very Nice Ride....Whats the Power....?

Doc :cool:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Doc, supposedly the boat will be prestaged about 15 miles away so we can bring it back, Chesapeake city, I think.
Motors are HO's & X Drives. I had issues with Merc not giving extended warranties on 525's, so we got real with ourselves and my wallet!
Your Blue Pill looks sweet!

I have your cell Dan, mine is 757-816-2013

We are at the Holiday Inn Express, Crystal Inn was full.

Join us somewhere Saturday eve for food and beverage.
(I won't be buying! LOL)
Bryan

Ed Donnelly
06-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Trying to talk the wife into selling the house so we can go with the 33 also. BUT, she keeps on insisting its too cold in a tent in the winter..ENJOY...Ed

olemissalum
06-24-2004, 09:56 PM
I suggested we move into the boat but the wife said NO!!!! Oh well, she finishes school in 2 more years so maybe then!!!! :yippie:

JimG205
06-24-2004, 10:03 PM
Congrats Bryan and Nancy !! AWESOME DONZI :yes: Love the graphics!! Good luck with the splash-Jim

Dr. Dan
06-24-2004, 11:01 PM
:crossfing Got it...Chesapeake City I am familiar with it...I will give ya a call....it would be great to run with you...is Ed running his too? That would be awesome.....I'll have to find someone to Ride Shotgun....

Doc :biggrin:

Mr X
06-25-2004, 07:13 AM
Doc, supposedly the boat will be prestaged about 15 miles away so we can bring it back, Chesapeake city, I think.
Motors are HO's & X Drives. I had issues with Merc not giving extended warranties on 525's, so we got real with ourselves and my wallet!
Your Blue Pill looks sweet!

I have your cell Dan, mine is 757-816-2013

We are at the Holiday Inn Express, Crystal Inn was full.

Join us somewhere Saturday eve for food and beverage.
(I won't be buying! LOL)
Bryan

So you already have two ho's in it waiting for you and you aint even put it in the water yet!! :p

Donzigo
06-25-2004, 09:19 AM
Congrats........welcome to boating in the Donzi "big-uns"

EricG
06-25-2004, 09:49 AM
Congrat's Bryan!! That's a move up that I know many of us are very jealous of!!!

And I agree with the others...that may be the best looking 33zx graphics wise I have ever seen :yes:

-EG

Jake
06-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Congrats Bryan. I have drooled over that boat a few times in person. It is absolutely gorgeous.

Jake

Fish boy
06-25-2004, 11:10 AM
I think I am in love!!!! COngrats on a BEAUTIFUL new ride!!

BTW HP600, LMAO!

Darrell
06-25-2004, 01:16 PM
Very Nice..... Have a great 4th of July.....

Darrell

Forrest
06-25-2004, 02:49 PM
Nice Bryan!!! You'll have to take us for a ride next we're in town.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Thanks for all the great comments guys...
We had some tense moments today with the bank in MD, the interest rate was critical to make this deal work, finally at 5:45 today the terms appear to work, so all appears well and we leave in the morning.

Hey you 26ZX guys, I have a BRAND NEW still in the plastic back seat cushion! Make me an offer? $100
I also have a Throttle Up Labbed Merc 26P (paid $810)
that I will let go for $400.
I have a full shippping cover too.. and a bunch of new 502 parts still in sealed wrappers, belts, impellors and other stuff.

Bryan

Marlin275
06-25-2004, 07:34 PM
Bryan that handle and avatar are goin soon?
Make you an offer?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Marlin 275
You must be kidding?
Offer on the boat, I am sure 50K would buy it!
And I swear it is immaculant!, 2 rub rail dings only and one loose snap for the cover, otherwise flawless with many upgrades. Dealer is picking it up at my house next Friday.

As far as the Avatar goes I will email it to you all ready to use, I will need help making a new one, I will ask HarborMaster or Poodle for assistance. HarborMaster helped me each time.
Been awhile since we donated to the board. I will get on that I promise.

This site is awesome!

Enjoy.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-25-2004, 07:55 PM
I forgot to add, new trailer order will go in tomorrow, they say 8 days!
A much better situation, DIGGER, Stand Down the Ready 5 Alert Trailer!

Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-25-2004, 08:13 PM
Thanks Mr. Poodle.
Too excited for my 9pm bed time, we will are taking the car and I am riding, Nancy at the helm! LOL

We will talk soon, and you can bet if I have a question Sunday I will call you Scott, boat will be in the water awaiting us.
Thanks
Bryan

boldts
06-26-2004, 04:09 AM
Congratulations Bryan and Nancy! What a beautiful 33ZX and those are the only graphics for a Navy man to have. Looks like it will be time for something we haven't done in a while. That's right, REMOTE SHOT Saturday night :biggrin:

Any chance you need a boat boy to keep her looking pretty and new for you?

Beth and I wish you all the best and many happy hours on the water in your new Donzi. :checkered :yes: :checkered :beer:

daboys
06-26-2004, 06:26 AM
is better, enjoy the ride Bryan and those afternnon siestas in the cabin :beer:

BillR
06-26-2004, 08:30 AM
WONDERFUL news!
I am very excited for you two! Congrats!!! :party: :yippie:

A new boat to see on 4th of July weekend.

From what I have heard, there may be two new boats in the HRPA the July 4th weekend. :party:

Shanghied Again
06-26-2004, 10:04 PM
Hey Guys congrats on the new boat, I am happy to see your staying with Donzi, the 33ZX is a great boat Bryan I know you are going to be happy.. Again the best of luck with her! :D :D :wavey:

fasttrucker
06-27-2004, 07:58 AM
Good Luck with the new boat.Shes real pretty :wink: .Iam heading out sunday afternoon,if your still up this way we can run together.Maybe you can make it for this years Jackson marine poker run.

catch 22
06-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Congrats on your new toy. Love the Graphics.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-27-2004, 07:57 PM
Thanks for all the wonderful comments. I answered the PM's about who wants to buy what also.

We went up to MD this weekend, finished the last few details yesterday then boated her on Sunday, a couple minor things need correcting but she was overall very sound, the motors were awesome, and yes I took them to the beep beep beep rev limiter one time! Got to love the GPS speedo and recall, factory GPS is a nice touch. I think Nancy's highlight was to sit down and take a leak! LOL
The boat and just needs the Tuvell detailing team to hit her...

I got to meet Undertaker and his great family, and Doctor Dan again (inside joke). We had dinner and drinks at a great seafood spot. Some fantastic food. Meeting some Donzi folks really made the trip more comforting for me and the family, Undertaker was a huge help in many ways. Doctor dan was a big hit with the kids for buying Ice Cream after dinner.
Stephanie, thanks too you also for your part in all this deal too, not many women can say they slept in my new boat! :)

Nancy also got to ride in Doc's boat, let me tell you folks something, that little blue pill looks and is bad to the Fxxxing bone in person, and echo'd the bay, Nancy loved her ride, Thanks Doc...

Hey BILLR, there is a rumor floating around Chesapeake VA, let me bow to you now! I hope the rumor is true and a new 38 TG will be joining the mix. Our first Cigarette, and it belongs to a charter member at that! What have you heard? LOL
Bryan

BillR
06-28-2004, 07:25 AM
HOW did you hear THAT???!
:eek: :eek:

More like sniffing around - You've been there too!

When's the new girl gonna debute?

roadking
06-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Bryan, Congrats. I checked out that boat at the Canton Boat show here in the Inner Harbor. She's real pretty. Hope you got a great deal....they were asking way too much$$$ in May!
Rance

undertaker
06-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Bryan just wanted to say we also had a great time this past weekend was great meeting Nancy and your kids :biggrin: You guys are going to love your new 33ZX. Just a little side note when we left the marina yesterday evening your boat was sitting in the racks with NO cover on it, thought you might want to know that and make a phone call, I know I would NOT be happy about that if that was my new boat :angryfire . Anyway once you guys get settled in your new boat maybe we can hook you somewhere in the middle. Take Care :cool:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Thanks, yes I did call, left a message just said a friend of mine drove up to look around at used boats and saw it uncovered.
Woody and I actually talked a bunch today, I am not happy with the rating on the 32-36 trailer they were ordering (12400 GVWR), boat plus 174 gal of gas and stuff will have me in another situation like I lived with the 26 ZX trailer, so I opted for the bigger HD 32-36 (15,000 GVWR).

Thanks again for the great time. Nancy read me the post about Kim worrying about Dan, glad all was fine. Got to love the blue pill.
Bryan

Team Jefe
06-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Congrats Bryan - Looks like the deal is done. I know you'll love the extra hull length...on the water and in the cabin.