PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts....

ChromeGorilla
06-24-2004, 04:26 PM
OK here I go....ordered my 22 from local donzi dealer. Said they expected this week. When I toured Donzi plant was told same time frame. Called Mon and asked if they had heard anything or if they know which day boat was to arrive at dealer....they don't know.
So they say lemme call donzi and il call ya back.....so i wait till wed. Wed. Still now word. They called donzi but couldnt get ahold of (josh i pressume) anyone. So today i call and the owner of the dealership says yeah i called but they havent called me back yet. After 4 days? Cmon. When i called Donzi to set up tour Josh wasnt in left voice mail and got called back bout an hour later...And I'm not even one of their dealers.
Am i out of line from wantin an answer from the dealer? Do you think it's possible they havent called him back in 4 days? or am I oin nuts cuz i want my boat! :splat:

txtaz
06-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Ahhhhhhhh, CG 'hycoon son'. I see grasshopper teaches teacher (borrowed from other thread). Wait a sec, your an MT2, I was an EM1. Heheheehe. Call Josh and see what the deal is. When was it shipped, WHERE was it shipped to etc. Obviously the dealer is not as anxious about your boat as you are. I bet they already have your money, and if so why should they care when it gets there. I AGREE, wrong attitude. But too many people have that attitude today. I would bug the owner every hour of the day till I got an answer and call Josh also to get the real answer. Then you decide if you want to do business with this dealership in the future.
Respectfully, EM1 Retired CGN-36 (Nucs Rule) Wes
Just kidding, Gas Turbines rule, cheaper, faster, easier to operate and fewer personell.

Cuda
06-24-2004, 05:36 PM
Call the factory and tell them you are interested in buying a boat. I bet someone comes on the line then.

boldts
06-24-2004, 05:39 PM
Chrome,

Me thinks the boat was delivered last week to the dealer and their having so much fun running her, they don't want to tell you it came in :eek!: :cool!: :yes: :biggrin:

Kidding of course. I'd be making a call to Donzi though if it were me and if I found out it had been shipped? Once I picked it up, that dealer would never see another penny from me. Service is what keeps people coming back no matter what the buisness. It also keeps that business in business!

ChromeGorilla
06-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Whys yous guys bustin my balls? LOL Yer killin me. I think I'll give Donzi a ring tommorow. no they do not have any of my $. Was young grasshopper long ago...I paid attention in the class of life. I'll be patient. When the boat gets here in 2 weeks I'll just tellem I'm not interested. Tellem I'm gonna go down to aqua-toy store and order brand new 05 through them :) or local guy can lop off some chedda $$$$.....:)

Digger
06-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Am i out of line from wantin an answer from the dealer?
No.

Do you think it's possible they havent called him back in 4 days?
Yes.

pmreed
06-24-2004, 08:36 PM
Hmmmm...gas turbine undersea boat. Now there's a concept. :rlol:

Phil

2biguns
06-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Call Robert Nelems (Magic Float) @ Nelems Marine in Jasper, Alabama, and tell him what boat you want and he'll get it for you or let him tell you what he has in stock. The last time we talked he had several that he was ready to move!

I've got his e-mail address & home phone at the office. Call me tomorrow and I'll give it to you (my office: 256-734-4721).

Cuda
06-24-2004, 10:43 PM
I think CG has already talked to Robert. Robert will be in Sarasota next weekend for the races, that's one reason I want to go, to meet him.

txtaz
06-25-2004, 12:23 AM
pmreed, They run on bottles of compressed air...... :smash:
Just kidding, the CGN-36 is a dual reactor cruiser. Us squids call them targets. LOL
Wes

ChromeGorilla
06-25-2004, 10:19 AM
Ok here's an update.... Just got off phone with Josh at Donzi. My boat was in paint booth as we were speaking. Said they plan on wrapin it up and shipping on Tues. next week. Finally an answer. I don't care how long it takes to build, cuz you don't want them to rush and miss somethin on yer boat, but throw me a freakin bone in the mean time. Lets see how long till the dealer calls me and lets me know....if he does at all....oh yeah....got through to Josh first call......... :rolleyes:

BUIZILLA
06-25-2004, 10:30 AM
I thought the stripes were gel color? what were they painting?

J :cool:

ChromeGorilla
06-25-2004, 10:36 AM
I'm no expert, but when my boat came out the mold it was all white. Can the blue stripe of gel coat be applied in the paint booth ? I don't know.

Fish boy
06-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Maybe they mispelled "Bada-Bing" the first time and had to redo it. LOL GLad you got your answers.

ChromeGorilla
06-26-2004, 10:04 AM
OK here's an update. It has now been 24 hrs since I talked to Donzi. And over 24 hours since the dealer has. Remember, for the past week the dealer said he would let me know right away as soon as he heard somethin. Well they were open all day yesterday, they are open today...still nothin....it will be interesting to see when, or if, they call to tell me what I had to call Donzi (unsat) to find out. Haskell Marine is losing my respect more and more each day. It's unfortunate. I'll update as this continues. :rolleyes:

Fish boy
06-26-2004, 10:19 AM
CG,
I feel your pain man but one thing I learned sooner than later is never mix business and personal. They are pissing you off by their poor business practices, but this is still a business transaction. You may need their help down the road for warranty or something else. Don't let your emotions get the best of you in a business transaction... but if you do and happen to draw blood, just make sure there are no witnesses around. ;)

Good luck,

fish

txtaz
06-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Fish, Good advice. I agree completely. But, couldn't the waranty work be done somewhere else? If so, I would take it else where. No sense in giving money to a dealership with poor business practices.
CG, Hang on dude, the boats almost there. Get it, inspect it and make sure it's perfect before paying for it. They will fix anything wrong much quicker when you wave the money in front of them.
Best of luck,
Wes

Cuda
06-26-2004, 05:31 PM
What color is the boat? We saw one headed up I 75 yesterday in Donzi shrink wrap. I couldn't see the color, but Debbie said the transom was yellow.

Scott Heidt
06-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Chrome take a step back, DEEEEEEP BREATH !

Say WOOOOOOSAAAAA!

WOOOOOOSAAAAA!

:) Remove the emotion!...... Who am I kidding! RGGGGGHHHHH!

Really though it will all work out! I kinda no how you are feeling. It took an act of Congress just to get my Donzi Seats and Decals from Donzi. I went nuts trying to get information and a status.

KEEP ON THEM BROTHER! THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET THEM TO GET THE JOB DONE!

Keep us posted!

ChromeGorilla
06-26-2004, 07:15 PM
White with the blue boot stripe.....you got me excited...lol

BUIZILLA
06-26-2004, 08:53 PM
CG, if ya don't think i'm being too nosy... how much ching did you give them upfront at order time?

JH :stan: :cartman:

ChromeGorilla
06-26-2004, 09:05 PM
No prob...we're all adults here...1k up front for them to place order. And per my request it is fully refundable. i have a receipt stating this too. So it would behoove them to please ME!

nauti-props
06-28-2004, 07:27 PM
I won't bash Donzi...but things at the factory are not the same since Steve passed away..I just went through a 5 month process with them to get my boat right..so far..so good. But...let me tell you if you think it's tough now, wait until you need something from customer service after the sale. MAKE SURE THE BOAT IS RIGHT BEFORE YOU PASS OVER THE GREEN....I am learning the hard way after a full year. Kathy Mueller has been great, but Tony V is less than helpful. It seems that he writes things down on little pieces of paper and them loses them....Buyer beware. You must be relentless...I have worn out my cell phone, but the results are there. Do not give in.

Koenig
06-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Things like this are why I'm glad I live in a fire at will state. Makes my life easier. One "bad", "weak" employee can mess up your business. If it was me would have a talk with the highest person on the food chain with my concerns. If service does not become golden walk away from that business. I have some strict policies on how sales/customer support people work for me, do your job 110% and you might keep it! I had a concern with the service dept. at my local Ford Dealer that the service manager did a poor job in dealing with it. Took it up with the owner and had the service advisor in near tears telling me how he almost lost his job and wanting me to tell the owner I over reacted.

I'm good at complaining!

Last Tango
06-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Just an FYI for the general readers - CG has ordered his boat from the ONLY Donzi dealer within an extremely large radius of this area. If he has warranty work to be done on the HULL or any other non-Mercury item, he needs to be able to work it out through this dealer. Other dealers will be happy to SELL him something from their inventory, knowing full well they won't be on the hot seat for any DONZI warranty items. Yes, any certified Mercury Marine shop can work on that motor and outdrive, but there are the OTHER parts of a new boat they CAN'T and WON'T do because they aren't Donzi Dealers. Once he is out of warranty he can make up his mind between several dozen shops in the area who do good work on boats. So far, we have a call back situation (not uncommon these days) and not really a service situation.
CG, the "paint" shop also applies the tape stripes on the edges of the center stripe. Those two black stripes are not painted into the gelcoat. If you also have any black stripes in the hull sides, those are applied tape as well.
Also, can you really hold the dealer accountable for the location of a boat this is undelivered? Trust me, he wants to deliver that boat as much as you want it. He also has to rig the boat and prep it for delivery to you. So expect it to be in his shop a day or so to complete the delivery process (install battery and fluids) check control rigging, run motor and make certain it is ready for launching (NOT done at the factory).

ChromeGorilla
06-29-2004, 06:54 PM
LT, 100% correct my friend. thank you for info boat the paint booth thingy. You're right I do need to maintain some repoire with Haskells for warranty work if needed. But, the thing that irks me now is he found out friday the status of my boat. And for the week prior he said he would let me know as soon as he did. Fri, Sat, Mon and Tues have gone by and no word from him. So I called him today at the end of the day and he tells me he can get back to me tommorow, he doesnt have any info at the time. just getting close to the 4th. I asked before I ordered, during my tour and lately if I would have the boat before the holiday weekend. Got an emphatic yes from Donzi and Haskells. So it's gettin close and I'm just gettin restless thats all....I HOPE THEY DIDN'T THINK I MEANT LABOR DAY...LOL. :bonk: so best case scenario....boat leaves tommorow from Donzi gets here in Jax. They start prep. Finish prep on thrs and i go get it at end of day......best case i can hope for i guess.

ChromeGorilla
06-30-2004, 12:33 PM
OK I'm gettin hot now.....Donzi told me my boat was shrink wrapped on Tue. I havent gotten 1 mother f'n phone call from my dealer in 3 weeks. i initiated all phone calls. Including the one i just made. Owner said "havent called em yet today...(at 1 pm)...i should know somethin this after noon". He has no friggin clue as to the status of my boat??? Bizull Shizit. Same answer for 2 weeks straight.I'm callin again at 3. If I don't have this boat by close of business Fri.....he can kiss my ass. I swear to god I'll just wait another month and order an '05 from another dealer. Even if i have to travel. Never been to Alabama.........

Scott Heidt
06-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Hey Chrome,

I am very busy today, but If you want I can run over to the factory after noon tomorrow to verify in person the status of the boat. I work about 10 min from the factory.

ChromeGorilla
06-30-2004, 01:49 PM
That sounds wonderfull.....we'll see what happens this afternoon. I'll post more info later.....

Cuda
06-30-2004, 02:17 PM
The hell we being nice to the dealer because you might have to have work done there. You have been patient enough. When you call him back, tell him you will wait on the line while he dials the number for them. It's BS! I guarantee you that I'd make myself abundantly clear that I don't give a damn what else he needs to do today, I want a freaking answer NOW! Not later, not tomorrow. I'd raise so much cain, you can bet if I had to come back for warranty work, mine would be the first job they tried to get out of the shop to get rid of me. Ask the Chevy dealer I bought my last new Chevy from. I'm not there to be his buddy, I'm there to buy a product and service. If he isn't able or willing to provide either one, first I'd raise hell with Donzi allowing him to be a dealer, then I'd take my business eslewhere, and I'd still make them do the warranty work if it was needed.

Time to take the gloves off. :angryfire

ChromeGorilla
06-30-2004, 02:38 PM
OK. just got off phone again with Haskell's marine. Talked to Buddy, the owner. he says "I haven't heard anythng yet. and some bizull shizit about a storm and compters down so the girl he talked to couldnt tell him the status. Waitin for Donzi to call back..." So I play dumb and ask "Well, what is the status of the boat, is it done or what?" he says "I dont know whats goin on or if it's done". F you Haskell. Donzi told me the same f'n thing they told you last FRI! Called Donzi myself again today and asked for josh. But he is on vacation this week. So i dont know who else would know the status.....

Scott Heidt
06-30-2004, 03:17 PM
OK. just got off phone again with Haskell's marine. Talked to Buddy, the owner. he says "I haven't heard anythng yet. and some bizull shizit about a storm and compters down so the girl he talked to couldnt tell him the status. Waitin for Donzi to call back..." So I play dumb and ask "Well, what is the status of the boat, is it done or what?" he says "I dont know whats goin on or if it's done". F you Haskell. Donzi told me the same f'n thing they told you last FRI! Called Donzi myself again today and asked for josh. But he is on vacation this week. So i dont know who else would know the status.....

Ok... I am looking out my window and there is no storm over the Donzi Factory. It hasn't stormed all day. We did have some extreme weather yesterday evening around 5:30 pm. I doubt if their computers are down since yesterday evening.

You should call back and tell them that its a funny thing... There doesn't seem to be a storm in Sarasota now. The offer still stands for tomorrow.

Fish boy
06-30-2004, 03:47 PM
fukizil thisim!!!

Looked south, nothing but sunshine. Local weather sarasota weather (http://radar.accuweather.com/adcbin/public/local_radar.asp?partner=accuweather&type=still&nxtype=R1&nxsite=KTPA) says the same thing. Humm... I hope he cooks you breakfast and calls the next day after the romp in the hay he is giving you.

All kidding aside, sorry you are having to go through this crap... kinda takes some of the luster away from the birth of your baby. Wish there was something I could do to help.

Keep us posted. Hope things get better.

Fish

ChromeGorilla
06-30-2004, 04:47 PM
Called again. "UHhhh just talked to them...they dont know if boat is ready....You know josh right....he's out...nobody reallyt knows if its done....may be ready for shipping on their end...if it is, gotta set up shippin...I'm tryin to get it for ya for the weekend...buuuuut....prob next week....." arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh F OFF! Let me get this straight. Josh tells me fri boat is done and will be shrink wrapped tues. wtf is the issue????? And another f'n thing.....Josh goes on vacation and Donzi stops friggin production. Bizull Shizit! Who the F stands in for him. I have to believe somebody at the friggin plant has to have a f'n clue. i just want the facts.... JUST THE FACTS MAM!

Scott it would be awesome if you could get the real friggin story for me. I really appreciate it. It's a 22 with blue stripe ordered through Haskell's Marine in Jacksonville, FL.

Thanks man. I owe ya couple cold ones!
I'll have my cell phone on me if you could fill me in...

Scott Varsanyi (904) 535-4349

Scott Heidt
06-30-2004, 04:56 PM
Called again. "UHhhh just talked to them...they dont know if boat is ready....You know josh right....he's out...nobody reallyt knows if its done....may be ready for shipping on their end...if it is, gotta set up shippin...I'm tryin to get it for ya for the weekend...buuuuut....prob next week....." arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh F OFF! Let me get this straight. Josh tells me fri boat is done and will be shrink wrapped tues. wtf is the issue????? And another f'n thing.....Josh goes on vacation and Donzi stops friggin production. Bizull Shizit! Who the F stands in for him. I have to believe somebody at the friggin plant has to have a f'n clue. i just want the facts.... JUST THE FACTS MAM!

Scott it would be awesome if you could get the real friggin story for me. I really appreciate it. It's a 22 with blue stripe ordered through Haskell's Marine in Jacksonville, FL.

Thanks man. I owe ya couple cold ones!
I'll have my cell phone on me if you could fill me in...

Scott Varsanyi (904) 535-4349

Hey Scott No problem! I will shoot over there after lunch tomorrow! I'll also take my digital camera.

BUIZILLA
06-30-2004, 04:58 PM
I'll tell ya what the problem prolly is... he doesn't have the ching to pay Donzi for it this week. he gets a draft from your bank, which takes a few days to a couple weeks to clear, he needs more ching from the holiday weekend to cash them out on your boat. Your close to him, be on his doorstep in the morning when he opens, with your facts. If he jerks you, go straight to Nelems.... you'll be home with a boat tomorrow night.

JH

ChromeGorilla
06-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Shweeeeeeeet. Man....I'm sittin eating some dead cow and I'm stewin......It just baffles me. Especially when on last FRI, I asked Josh "Will I have this boat before the 4th of July?" He said again "no doubt in my mind, oh yea". If he didnt forsee anything to hold up the delivery what the hell is it? Sorry...just pissed...I could go on and on........

gold-n-rod
06-30-2004, 07:15 PM
Scott: Is the boat titled as an '04 or '05? If it's an '04, I'd drop it like a $5 whore. To get a boat in mid-July with last model year's date is rubbing your nose in it. Find it out, man.

another Randy

Cuda
06-30-2004, 07:23 PM
The dealer and I would be having REAL problems right about now. :bonk:

roadtrip se
06-30-2004, 09:14 PM
Decided I wanted a Classic 22 in 2000.

Make a deal with Bald Knob Marine in Chicago on a leftover 99.
Send deposit and they call me to inform me that an Eagle tandem trailer will be $7500. I cancel my deposit check.

Drive from Texas to Annapolis with money in hand to pick up a "10 hour" boat. Boat looked like it had a 1010 hours on it.
Drive home.

Make a deal with Parkview in Atlanta on a leftover 2000. Show up, boat is sparkling in the showroom. Give them money and go to Alltona for a quick demo. Boat will not start on the trailer. Fuel line kinked under the deck. They had never water tested the boat. Take money go home.

Get home and call Donzi. I get Josh. He lines me up with Boat Superstore in Houston, we agree on a price, and I had my 2001 Donzi in five weeks. Their warranty service was terrible, so I never took it back after the first time.

Ironically, not one of these dealers is in the Donzi business anymore. Fair justice for the BS I went through to get the boat. I REALLY, REALLY wanted a Classic 22. A crummy dealer will work themselves out of business.

The point I'm trying to make is the dealer will be a long gone memory after a year or two. Donzi, while not perfect by any means, will take care of you in the long term. The best thing, these boats are so simple that most stuff is easy enough to fix on your own.

Take a breath and maybe a cocktail... You are probably going to have this boat for a long time, if you are like most folks around here. The BS will be a long faded memory after all the great times you will have enjoying that Donzi.

Todd
"Four year old Donzi Classic, Not for sale!"

ChromeGorilla
06-30-2004, 09:43 PM
Well, what do ya think....tommorow Im drivin down there to the dealership. Dependng on what info Scott H. has for me might get ugly. If I find out the boat is shrink wrapped just sittin there. i'm givin him an ultimatim. I want to pick up boat Fri close of business or Sat morn. Period. Or he give me my deposit back. It's only 4 hrs away. i dont care if he hooks up a trailer to his own damn pickup and goes and gets it. i dont care if they are closed for the holiday weekend. His ass better be there sat morn with my new f'n boat. I would like to believe Josh, why would he blow smoke up my ass? He has been nothin but extremely kind and courteous. Haskell aint got a friggin clue.

mattyboy
06-30-2004, 09:54 PM
Chrome,
I think you need to step back and take a breath, if you push it and try and get the boat tom. your rushing it and it won't be right make sure everything is to your liking and right once you ride it it's yours so you better be happy with it

Matty

roadtrip se
06-30-2004, 10:59 PM
without a Donzi.

Good luck,

Todd

gold-n-rod
07-01-2004, 07:27 AM
OK, Scott. I've been thinking about your troubles and have some thoughts.

You ordered this boat just as you wanted it. To tell Haskell to "stick it in the bilge" now is to give up the boat of your dreams. You already know that Donzi has just one 22' mold and it would be weeks or months if you started over again with another dealer.

You could go to Nelms for a 22' (if he still has one). The one with the dark blue interior is no longer on boatrader.com so maybe it's sold. Again buying someone's in-stock boat is a major compromise.

There is obviously something going on at the dealer and between the dealer and Donzi.

After thinking about it, if I were in your shoes, I'd just chill and wait for it to happen. If it's really the boat of your dreams, it will be worth the wait.

Remember the story of the old and young bull? The young bull, upon spying a herd of fine young heifers said to the old bull, "Let's run over and have us one of those heifers." To this, the old bull replied, "Let's walk over and have them all!!!"

My 2 cents. Best of luck.

Another Randy

harbormaster
07-01-2004, 08:41 AM
CG,
Don't get in a hurry. You'll regret it.

When the boat comes in, invest in a marine surveyor to do a surveyor and check it out BEFORE YOU OFFICIALLY TAKE DELIVERY.
The surveyor will have a keener eye than yours AND
If there is anything wrong you can refuse delivery till it is fixed.

IF you take delivery and then find something wrong IT will probably be a nightmare that will take forever to get corrected. This is based on your experiences with a dealership that appears to be unresponsive before they even have your money. What will it be like AFTER they have your money?

I say this because of experiences other people have had with new boats. The dealer says "go ahead and take it and we can fix it later". Don't get caught up in the "new boat moment" and fall for that.

hottub
07-01-2004, 12:06 PM
CG-

Another view from someboby that sat in your exact shoes a year ago. I understand your frustration and anger......I was there. The pent up excitement is driving you mad :banghead:

Take Roadtrip, Mattyboys and The Harbormaster's advice. It's just not worth it in the long run. This will probably be the last weekend that you will be boatless for along time. And in a week or so you will have the EXACT boat that you want. If you do something different at this point you will always second guess your decision.

Been there, done this. Head to the store and stock up on cold ones, steaks or whatever suits you and enjoy the fireworks and last weekend on the shore or on somebody els'e boat. In a month or so you will be happy as hell with a smile plastered all over your face.

:hyper:

RedDog
07-01-2004, 12:45 PM
Another point - July 4th is the absolute worst weekend to be on the water - particularily in a really nice new boat. There will be masses of ignorant / inexperienced / intoxicated boaters on water to worry about and the water will be a sloppy mess from all the wakes.

That said, I'll probably be out there - GOOD LUCK

Cuda
07-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Yep, summer holidays in a boat is like going out drinking on New Year's Eve, it's amateur day.

ChromeGorilla
07-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Guess who just called me????? After makin a visit yesterday and tellin them I was goin out of town for 3 weeks on mon, Dealer calls me this morn. "Hey, your boat is on its way right now....we will prep and water test all afternoon. you can pick boat up after 5pm..." Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! He had one of his salesman drive down early this morn. and haul it back. hats off Haskell. And I must appologise to haskell for becoming a little irrate and bashin them this past week. Scott Heidt stopped by Donzi for me yesterday and got the real story on my boat. It wasnt shrink wrapped tues. like they said it would. That happened Thrs. So in the end it all work out. I can't believ I'll have it today. i thought for sure it would be next week.

rchevelle71
07-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Congrats,

NOW, after all that hassle, be SAFE this weekend!!!!!

That goes for all, dont wanna have read any scary threads come Tuesday!!!!!

Rick

ChromeGorilla
07-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Oh...and another thing. I will own the very 1st 2005 Classic made. Cool detail. :beer:

Scott Heidt
07-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Oh...and another thing. I will own the very 1st 2005 Classic made. Cool detail. :beer:

Very Cool! :) Post Pics! ASAP! They wouldn't let me see it because I didn't have an appointment and for insurance reasons. Have Fun!

gcarter
07-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Congratulation Scott! :yippie:

BTW, I was one of the votes against it, not because I didn't want you to have it, but because I'm in business and I know how it goes.
I'll take anything a day late if it will be better in the long run. :smash:

George...pleased but surprized! :biggrin:

ChromeGorilla
07-02-2004, 02:58 PM
Hey George....I voted against too...lol. It's 4PM and I'm goin to get my baby....later.... :) :propeller :p :beer: :biggrin: :yes: :cool:

Cuda
07-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Hey CG, put that baby in the river and head south, I'll do the same and head north. :cool:

Cuda
07-03-2004, 07:48 AM
Well????

Fish boy
07-03-2004, 08:36 AM
CG, congrats man, I hope you have a blast with it this weekend!!!! Post some pics of your new baby when you get a chance.

Fish

Team Hula Girl
07-06-2004, 06:36 PM
CG,

FILL OUT YOUR WARRANTY CARD THE DAY YOU TAKE DELIVERY.

It is imperitive that you send it back to Donzi as soon as you get it.

Just remember to Document , document and document every conversation, e-mail, letter, etc. when it comes to warranty issues. Trust Me

J Mitch

boxy
07-06-2004, 09:57 PM
So did it arrive.... was it worth the wait.....
Come on let us in on the scoop too.....

Fish boy
07-07-2004, 10:57 AM
CG, you have had 1,157 hits on this thread... I would say inquiring monds want to know? Did you take a 2x4 to the dealers head and jail is preventing you from telling us about your baby? Ha! :biggrin.: :rlol:

Hope she was worth the wait and you are having so much fun on the water that you do not have time to post.

Later,

Fish

mattyboy
07-07-2004, 12:03 PM
I think we should start a poll on what happened
:tongue:
I would just hope all has worked out well for chrome, and that if so he could post that, seems like we always get the oh **** posts and plenty of them and not the atta boy posts,

hope it worked out for ya Chrome

best wishes

Matty

gold-n-rod
07-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Actually, one of his posts mentioned that he was headed out of town starting Monday and that's why he was in such a big yank to have his new boat before the holiday weekend. IIRC, it's for 3 weeks, so maybe we won't hear for a while.

:confused:

Just a guess,

another Randy

RedDog
07-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I think Crome is on travel. But he may have some explaining to do ...

http://www.speedwake.com/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20597

ChromeGorilla
07-07-2004, 01:35 PM
LOL. Hey everyone. Sorry. I tried to post that same message here as I was heading out the door on the 4th but when I clicked submit a friggin popup came up and i lost it. Wife was yellin at me to hurry so I had to run. Went to Daytona on Mon with the boat to see my dad and step mom who were down from NY.
Have over 20 hrs on her now. Change oil at 15. Not a single prob with the boat. All fluid were fine during and after the first 3 days on her. After a modest break-in period of about 15 hrs and an oil change. Finally started to open it up. Bets GPS speed I've seen so far is 73.3 But mostly 72.5 . This sucker screams. that motor pulls like a big dog from 3000 up. You ask for it, it gives it to you. Right away. I love the fact i get that performance with a nice level of reliability. I also bought the extended warranty.
I'm super happy with the power package. I flush everytime with salt terminator. I could not be happier. Ohh, and the attention ain't bad either. What a sexy boat.
The only gripe I have is the friggin cockpit cover. I can't trailer with it on. It snaps on nice and tight but it comes unbuttoned while driving. Do any of you have same problem????
ok 2 side notes.....

1. Halifax Harbor and marina in Daytona is probably the nicest public ramp/ launch facility I have ever seen or used. Immaculate grounds, 8 ramps in a wind and current protected basin, tons of parking, nice docks, on water gas pumps too (basin shared with the marina). I highly recommend if you will be boating in the area.

2. Some of you in the Orlando area may want to chime in on this one... Went to Charlies Steak House on Mon eve. OMFG....top notch. I love Ruth's Chris, but this place blows it out the water. Smallest steak on the menu was a 14oz Filet mignon. I of course being on Atkins can eat all the damn meat I want so I naturaly selected the 52oz porterhouse. :eek: Probably the best service I've ever received also. Next time your in orlando check it out. I Drive next door to Ripleys Believe It Or Not.

DonziChick
07-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Thats great that you finally got it! Glad you're excited and still happy with it :)

About your snap problem, we've had it on every Donzi my dad has owned (4 now total). What we've done is to get special snaps that go from the front (of the actual snap) to the back. I dont know exactly what they're called but I would imagine if you asked either the dealer or any sort of canvas shop they would know exactly what you're talking about.

You can put these on just the front by the windshield or, as we've done recently, down the sides as well.

Hope that helps (if you need more info PM JerryEisele on the board and he can help you out)

gcarter
07-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Charlie's is the best steak I've ever had in Central Florida. It's in the top three in several different lists. I like mine on the rare side of medium rare and Pittsburghed. They do it just right.

George

Scott Heidt
07-07-2004, 01:51 PM
He's Back!
Pics Pics Pics!

Good to hear you had a good weekend!

RedDog
07-07-2004, 03:00 PM
...The only gripe I have is the friggin cockpit cover. I can't trailer with it on. It snaps on nice and tight but it comes unbuttoned while driving. Do any of you have same problem????

YES - but I put these on and if helps. Still unsnaps some but I didn't lose the cover on the trip the Keys and back (2000 miles)

http://canvasdealer.com/snap_fasteners_pullthedot.asp

boldts
07-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Use Lock snaps. Just say that to any marine canvas shop and they'll know what you want. Those snaps will require the old tops in your cover be replaced and you'll have to un-screw the bases which are all around the windshield. When you screw the new bases in, use a little epoxy sealer. It'll keep the water out of your deck and keep the bases from backing out.

Last, because the cover part of the snap can only go on the base 1 way, thus the reason they don't allow the cover to come off. When the canvas shop replaced my cover snaps with the new lock snaps, they also added a 1 inch piece of webbed material and made a loop with it about 1 1/2" long. This loop is added to the cover directly opposite from the side of the snap that must be placed over the base first. It's kind of hard to explain, but lock snaps go on the base one side first before you snap the other side down. Anyway, these loops at each snap make it super easy to unsnap the cover because now you have a little more leverage when lifting up on the cover. Remember, the snap has to come off the exact opposite way it went on. A lot of people don't like the lock snaps because they are so hard to unsnap. Put these loops on and you'll never have a problem unsnapping your cockpit cover.

Marlin275
07-07-2004, 04:16 PM
what no photos?
I read 64 posts
1000 words
and not 1 photo?

DonziChick
07-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Thats what they're called! Thanks Scott.. I couldnt remember :)

ChromeGorilla
07-07-2004, 04:44 PM
Once again the experiences and knowledge of this board come through. Thanks to all for they're input on the cockpit cover. It seems to me that if this is a chronic issue for classic owners there should be some way to give Donzi some feedback on the issue. Enough people complain/report this problem perhaps they change the snaps they use. I don't know how one would go about this. Just an idea.

Ed Donnelly
07-07-2004, 05:29 PM
1 turn button at each corner front and back, and I have never had a problem since. Holds in place at 80 and thats M.P.H. not kilometers...Ed

Cuda
07-08-2004, 07:28 AM
CG, you're in Daytona and don't call???!! I'm right down the road from there. Where exactly is that boat ramp? I was going to head to Daytona today to look for ramps.

gcarter
07-08-2004, 07:39 AM
Joe, I've never looked for ramps, Duh--I need to change some habits now!!, but to get to the City Marina...
go East on 92 to US-1, turn right to Orange, turn left and the marina is on the right after a couple of blocks. It's large and well maintained, but I haven't a clue where the ramps are. There's also a West Marine in the marina.

George

MOP
07-08-2004, 08:28 AM
Very good to hear that you are a happy Donzite, a happy ending to one of the biggest posts. Curious did the dealer throw you anything for your misery?

ChromeGorilla
07-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Nah, but he shouldnt of had to. A little misunderstanding on my part along with different info from different sources. I was just gettin real antsy for my boat and probably vented the wrong way. I apologize to Buddy Haskell and his business. Haskells couldn't give me somethin they didn't have yet. In the end I was extremely happy. Donzi did a great job, Haskell's came through in a big way in the end to get me my boat too, so hats off. I was a tad dramatic last few weeks I admit, but could ya blame me... :) I would buy again from Haskell's and I am very happy with Donzi's product.

ChromeGorilla
07-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Take Daytona Int speedaway dr (US 92) east to South Beach street. It's right before the bridge goin over the intercaostal. Turn right (south) go 1 block and cross Orange ave, go 1 block. Next light is for Halifax Harbor and Marina. Turn left follow road all the way around to the back. That is where the public ramps are.

Cuda
07-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Nah, but he shouldnt of had to. A little misunderstanding on my part along with different info from different sources. I was just gettin real antsy for my boat and probably vented the wrong way. I apologize to Buddy Haskell and his business. Haskells couldn't give me somethin they didn't have yet. In the end I was extremely happy. Donzi did a great job, Haskell's came through in a big way in the end to get me my boat too, so hats off. I was a tad dramatic last few weeks I admit, but could ya blame me... :) I would buy again from Haskell's and I am very happy with Donzi's product.

I love a story with a happy ending! :biggrin:

Cuda
07-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Take Daytona Int speedaway dr (US 92) east to South Beach street. It's right before the bridge goin over the intercaostal. Turn right (south) go 1 block and cross Orange ave, go 1 block. Next light is for Halifax Harbor and Marina. Turn left follow road all the way around to the back. That is where the public ramps are.

Thanks Scott. I ended up having to go to Orlando today, but I sent Debbie and my friend that was visiting to Daytona to look for ramps.

I have a question on your directions. Once you go a block and cross Orange Ave, do you keep going the same direction one more block?

ChromeGorilla
07-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Yes, continue south...here's 2 maps....first the plain one then one you canf ollow the red line on. Also check it out here
Halifax Harbor Marina (http://www.halifaxharbor.net/)

Cuda
07-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Thanks, it should be easy for me to find now. I was right near there yesterday when I went to the surplus marine place.

You say there is a public ramp there too?

ChromeGorilla
07-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Yes..8 ramps. 4 double wides...(not trailers..lol). According to the web site the marina is actually owned by Daytona Beach. Check ou the web site has good pics. Night time security there too.

Cuda
07-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Plenty of parking?

ChromeGorilla
07-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Yes. Parking lot is ok size, after that fills there is a lot of grassy area to park in. I got a parking spot but asked the the marina if it was OK to park on the grass and they said yes.