PDA

View Full Version : Tax Laws r kool

ChromeGorilla
06-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Just a few interesting things i learned today as i surfed Floridas Tax Law library online. First the state of FL will lower their gas tax by .08 cents/gallon for the entire month of Aug. Cool...but it aint GA... :)

Second, I found the section which deals with sales of boats to nonresidents....long story short....I aint gonna pay no sales tax ! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Gotta love tax laws. Here's the link http://taxlaw.state.fl.us/sut_out_fc.asp?r=12A%2D1%2E007+ it's under 12A-1.007(9)(a)

txtaz
06-24-2004, 03:49 PM
CG, You might have to pay when you title it in GA. In TX, you pay there or here. One or the other, but you pay.
Good Luck,
Wes

ChromeGorilla
06-24-2004, 04:10 PM
AHHH young grasshopper....we learn another lesson. GA does not title boats :) Go to wal mart get registration form mail in check...they mail you registration #'s.....gotta love the back woods ways of joja. :rlol:

txtaz
06-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Ahhhhh CG Master, I should have taken up residence in GA on my way back from buying the boat in Tampa. I could of saved enough to pay for the trip, new fuel pump, new water pump, new......You get the idea..... :eek!:
Wes

ChromeGorilla
06-24-2004, 04:19 PM
No doubt! When I bought my last jetski down in Ft Lauderdale I told guy I would pay taxes at DMV in GA. And I fully intended too.....imagine my delight when I found out how GA runs the show. When I was in Ny it was same as FL. Pay at dealer or DMV. In GA DNR handles reg. not DMV :) now........inhale deeply and exhale slowly.... master chrome will chant now ...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Forrest
06-25-2004, 09:06 AM
You don't think that the State of Georgia isn't going to ask you for proof of ownership of your new Donzi - like a bill of sale - before they issue you your registration numbers? I would be very surprised if they didn't. Good luck!

ChromeGorilla
06-25-2004, 09:32 AM
No they dont. Application for registration is pretty simple. It is a very basic form. Cheap too. My jetski was $15 for 3 years worth. i think the 22 is $35 for 3 year reg, cant remember...the form is in my glove box. Some of you joja boys speak up. Tellem how easy it is in GA to get numbers for a boat.