PDA

View Full Version : Good Grief:almost One Less Testarosa

DON N.
06-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Friday After Arriving At Lake George About 2:00 P:m Launched The 22 , 5 Minutes Later Heading By The "boat House" Engine Alarm Is On Water Pump Failed, Boats By George Saved The Weekend For $22.00
"thanks Doug" Went To Algonquin For Cocktails Then Around 10:30 P:m To Walmart $48.00 Tool Kit Tube Of Grease Small Hammer 2 Flash Lights,back To Scotty's After 2 Hours & 10 Minutes Of Bitching And Mosquitoes Chewing On Me It Was Done.to Be Tested Sat. A:m. (after 15' Of Trying Compress The Water Pump Vanes I Unscrewed The The Largest Hose Clamp And Used It Like A Ring Compressor Greased It And It Went In). Sat A:m It Worked Perfect. Ok Now It's Sunday I Hung Back At Rogers Rock Left Last And Coming Down The East Side Of Turtle Island And Watching For L/g Patrol Saw A Rock Pile To Late. Turned To The Left And Cut Throttle Then Loud Bang. Could Have Been Worse About 2 Inch Gouge In Bottom + Small Piece Out Of Bottom Of Outdrive Not Any Prop Damage, But Out Drive Seems Looser When You Grab It By Hand (out Side Of Boat) And Steering Wheel Seems About Two Inches Off Center.after That Went Up To Treasure Cove To Hang Out For Awhile, Then On Way Back To Scotty's Stopped At Store On 9n For Something Kim Needed , Some Lady Said She Needed More Room To Pull Out So I Backed Up (ford P/up) When I Went To Pull Forward The Truck Wouldn't Move So Already Being Cranked Up I Thought The Bumper Was Hung Up On Something So I Stepped On The Gas And Apparently A Fire Plug (oh Yes Hydrant Kim Called It After) Had Gotten Lodged Between The Cab And Box So One Lower Side Including The Door Of The Truck Got Chewed Up Also. Well I Still Had A Good Time Meeting All The Donzi People And Wouldn't Trade The Weekend For Any Thing , Every Thing Will Get Fixed.

DONZI
06-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Wow Don,
Glad it didn"t turn out even worse.Your boat looks beautiful out there. I am nervous in unfamiliar waters for this exact reason.Luckily i had Mr. Pearson with me to navigate through the small islands in unfavorable conditions.Hope all is well in time for Winni. event.

Scott Pearson
06-24-2004, 05:09 AM
Don,
Things happen in three's...You ok for awhile now :biggrin.: .

Glad everything worked out ok. Wish you and Kim would have hung around Sunday night. Man, we had a load of food!

Ken, Once again, it was nice to see you. Thanks for making the Dust-off!

Scott
LGDCC

ChromeGorilla
06-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Dude, you shoulda just stayed home. lol

DON N.
06-24-2004, 02:37 PM
If I Stayed Home I Might Not Have Learned How To Change The Water Pump.

mattyboy
06-24-2004, 02:39 PM
Don,
hang in there, could have been worse get it all fixed up for the fall picnic

Matty

Pismo
06-24-2004, 02:41 PM
At least you didn't stop and eat the food at the "Boat House", then you would have been in real trouble.

Cheers,
SL

DON N.
06-24-2004, 02:48 PM
My Brother Lives At L / G And Like You His Advice Was The Same. How Ever Happy Hour Used To Be From 4 To 6 Which Is All I Ever Tried.

Barry Phillips
06-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Wow Don, I wondered you were on the way back. Did the prop clip the rock you hit, if so check the prop shaft. I try to follow someone down the west side of the narrows. I saw a guy clip his drive on a marked high spot on Memorial Day weekend. The bottom of LG is very unforgiving. I tore up a lower and a prop on the Sacandaga last year, and I grew up on the lake.

DON N.
06-24-2004, 03:20 PM
The Prop Seems Untouched,but The Drive Seems To Have Some Side To Side Looseness Where It Was Tight Before And A Piece Vertical 2" X 1" Horizontal About 2" From Bottom Of Skeg Is Gone.