PDA

View Full Version : dont want to desroy the look of the boat with a top...

dirtydee
06-22-2004, 11:04 AM
My girl is too hot and is demanding a top (on the boat) I have a 22 classic does anyone have pics of a fixed top on their bout that does not look horrible then it ie stowed

Red Rocket
06-22-2004, 11:29 AM
Consider two options:
1) bimini top which will require fasteners to your deck but will allow you to cruise or;
2) AnchorShade which is like a giant umbrella that can be attached to your cleats but can only be used while you are not in motion......check any boating catalog (ie; Overton's, West Marine, etc.)

I have a 22 Classic and have not used either to date but would prefer the AnchorShade. The bimini while driving doesn't look right to me....just my .02.....

Donzigo
06-22-2004, 11:50 AM
My girlfreind said if I don't put a bimini on my Donzi, she'd leave me................I do miss her so.

I got an anchor shade though, it's really cool in both ways.

boldts
06-22-2004, 12:00 PM
We had the Anchor Shade for $200. On the 18 with no cleats, I used a suction cup type hold-down to anchor the 4 corners. Because of the size of the cover, I also had to use the center well by taking the cover off and putting the shade pole down in the well. Storing it, I was able to lay it in the ski tray and while taking up most of the tray, we could still get the skies and over items up under the deck.

On the 22, it fits much better and because we had pop-up cleats on that boat, much easier and secure to have up. Still can't go down the lake with it up, but at least you could do a little more than idle and keep it with the boat. Storing it up under the deck is still difficult because of the length of the thing when packed up. Once you got it under the dash, yet over the foot rests, there was plenty of room.

txtaz
06-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Donzingo....Tooo friggin funny. I got mine a cup to pour water over herself, BUT I have to slow down so she can fill it up. No prob, beats a top any day.
Wes

Cuda
06-22-2004, 12:03 PM
Get one of those anchor shade types from lost bawanna. They are better made and $100 less money. The drawback is you can't have them up when running. Everyone knows how I feel about bimini's on performance boats! :angryfire :kaioken: :cussball:

2biguns
06-22-2004, 12:25 PM
up until this year, Amy and I have spent hundreds of hours in the Z-29 making fun of other wimpy boaters who resort to biminies. Oh how times have changed. Now that we're focused more on our 7 month old daughter (who loves the boat but needs protection from the sun) I'm stuck with a choice of my dad's 23' Sea Ray (full bimini) or put a bimini on the big boat. Of course, leaving Stella behind is NOT an option.

I'm leaning towards the bimini.

One good thing is that to date, I have spent $0 on gas this summer. Instead of 10 hour boating weekends it's down to around an hour or so per outing. Who says kids ain't cheap?

mattyboy
06-22-2004, 12:31 PM
try
www.bayliner.com

:tongue:

try sunblock

Matty

Cuda
06-22-2004, 01:15 PM
Here's the link to Lost Bawana. They have them on sale for $69! It's a heck of a deal. I have one, it's much heavier duty than the Anchor Shade, and compare to the $199 price of the AS.

http://lostbwana.com/bimini2.htm

BUIZILLA
06-22-2004, 01:50 PM
Thanx Cuda, I just ordered 2 of them.

JH :lobster:

need for speed
06-22-2004, 02:37 PM
They do not look the best but in FL it is a must in the summer...

catch 22
06-23-2004, 02:52 AM
They do not look the best but in FL it is a must in the summer...
Top looks good, mine is red. Can you say miles of manatee zones. Its a life saver. :smile:

daboys
06-23-2004, 06:09 AM
I just got my Lost Bawana umbrella - looks good and came in a nice bag. Funny thing though, when I put it up over the aft deck this past weekend everyone went to the bow for sun - go figure :bonk:

mattyboy
06-23-2004, 09:36 AM
what's this I am hearing the sun is too much in the land of paradise, blue hair, and no see ems :tongue: :rlol:

I would get one of those curved hooks that they put on steam rollers that an umbrella hangs on to keep the driver in the shade then get a multicolored umbrella and then the faster you go the more it spins now that would look cool ;) I know that's what Pearson would do :tongue:

only kidding guys, put on what ever will make you enjoy your donzi more!!! and get out there

Matty
topless in the north

Scott Heidt
06-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Man you guys keep making me spend money!

That sun shade is cool. It is just what I was looking for!

You have to have something to get out of the Fla sun.

Cuda
06-23-2004, 10:26 AM
You have to have something to get out of the Fla sun.

That's why they invented dockside bars! :wink:

kjly63
06-23-2004, 11:10 AM
:eek: Not for nuthin........but it seems what you guys really need is a pontoon boat..not a Donzi! :rlol:

Kenny

Cuda
06-23-2004, 11:14 AM
:eek: Not for nuthin........but it seems what you guys really need is a pontoon boat..not a Donzi! :rlol:

Kenny

Ouch!!!!!!!! :shocking:

Bad thing is I agree, or maybe a Searay. :cistineb:

Cuda
06-23-2004, 11:28 AM
EZ for you guys who live in the land of the 4 day summer to say :p :p

My Skin doctor adds a new room to his house in Apsen every time I visit..I asked to be put the frequently frozen plan las week, going for that group discount :eek:

Sunscreen looks much better than a bimini top. :wink:

mattyboy
06-23-2004, 11:32 AM
EZ for you guys who live in the land of the 4 day summer to say :p :p

My Skin doctor adds a new room to his house in Apsen every time I visit..I asked to be put the frequently frozen plan las week, going for that group discount :eek:

hey these are "OUR" 4 days so don't rain on our parade, you can bust our chops in a week or so ;) Yeah I have made my Dr very comfortable too, I give him fits
"Matty your blood pressure is a lil high"
"hey Doc it beats no blood pressure at all"

Matty

Cuda
06-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Yeah I have made my Dr very comfortable too, I give him fits
"Matty your blood pressure is a lil high"
"hey Doc it beats no blood pressure at all"

Matty

I know how you feel Matty. My doctor told me if I didn't quit drinking, I would die young. I pointed out that there are more old drunks than there are old doctors. :wink:

Team Jefe
06-23-2004, 01:10 PM
OK I too don't think a Bimini should be on a classic, but

Pontoon??? Searay??? :fire:

Man this is a tough crowd. :outtahere

Hey just some SPF 50, that is what the Haba Masta uses to protect his delicate skin.

I think Banana Boat makes it, called "Anti-tanning cream" :biggrin:

BLACKIE
06-23-2004, 01:17 PM
I just ordered one too. How long did it take for you guys to get yours? I just picked UPS ground for shipping.

mattyboy
06-23-2004, 01:42 PM
I know how you feel Matty. My doctor told me if I didn't quit drinking, I would die young. I pointed out that there are more old drunks than there are old doctors. :wink:

My doc asked me if I drink, I said ocassionally,
he said on what ocassions
I said any ocassion :eek:

Matty

Stan
06-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Dirtydee,

I totally understand your dilemma. On my 18 Classic I refused to put on a top. When I got my first 22 Classic it came with the Bimini top. My second 22 Classic also has a Bimini top. I am so glad I have the top when I need it.

In fact, I have an extra red Bimini top for sale if you are interested. Excellent condition.

I will send you some pictures of the 2 boats with the top up and down.

Stan…….

daboys
06-23-2004, 03:51 PM
got mine in less than 1 week - ships from fla so use the ups website and track it from there

Cuda
06-23-2004, 04:26 PM
I will send you some pictures of the 2 boats with the top up and down.

Please, no pictures of bimini tops. This is a family oriented web site! :smile:

boxy
06-23-2004, 06:11 PM

Cuda if you are going to steal the MAN's lyrics, at least get them right .... :D

There's a lot of doctors tell me
That I'd better start slowing it down
But there's more old drunks than there are old doctors
So I guess we'd better have another round.

Willie Nelson

Cuda
06-23-2004, 06:51 PM
Cuda if you are going to steal the MAN's lyrics, at least get them right .... :D

There's a lot of doctors tell me
That I'd better start slowing it down
But there's more old drunks than there are old doctors
So I guess we'd better have another round.

Willie Nelson

Didn't know it was Willie, no wonder is makes so much sense. :wink:

BUIZILLA
06-23-2004, 08:41 PM
DIRTYDEE...

you can look at it like this, get a nice top and make your girl happy, or skip the top and make Cuda happy... now, think carefully, which one of those two do YOU want to wake up with in the morning??

JH :umbrella:

hurrah for bimini's

Donzigo
06-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Well, let's see, here's how it stack up........

Cuda has:
Fast Formula
Slow Formula
Minx
Assorted other boats...(even Cuda doesn't know how many he really has)
A cool truck
A cool house on the St. Johns

My girlfreind:
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............sorry, Cuda, you loose

Tomahawk
06-23-2004, 09:02 PM
D.D. - same issue. My solution: easy up, easy down, easy store and cheap. I hand her a golf umbrella. Or is that a gulf umbrella.

Cuda
06-23-2004, 09:04 PM
Jim neglected another viable option. You could do none of the above, sell the Donzi and take up Parchesi in the comfort of your home. :smile:

Cuda
06-23-2004, 09:05 PM
DIRTYDEE...

... now, think carefully, which one of those two do YOU want to wake up with in the morning??

Come on now Jim, you have no idea how cute I am in the mornings. :smileybo:

mattyboy
06-23-2004, 09:10 PM
Jim neglected another viable option. You could do none of the above, sell the Donzi and take up Parchesi in the comfort of your home. :smile:

I wish I could but I'm lactose intolerant :tongue::rlol:

Matty

Team Jefe
06-27-2004, 08:44 PM
You allow banana anything on your fishing boat?? :eek: :eek:

Hell, I dont even allow fruit of the loom underwear on mine :D :D :D

Poodle - I have to admit, I make a special exception for Da' Masta. And NO underwear is allow, period. :pimp:

Don't be too concerned about all the wierd events in 2004...remember this is the Year of the Monkey :boggled:

I'm actually dragging Jefe's Revenge to New Hampshire just to see a Classic with an outboard :eek: ....OK, OK, maybe a Winni Darling or twelve as well :redface:

RedDog
06-28-2004, 09:16 AM
$69.95????

I spent the $200 on the anchor shade 3 weeks ago :frown:

rag top man
06-28-2004, 05:11 PM
I've been doing google searches for the "Lost Bawana umbrella and cant seem to find one, anybody have a web site or know where to get one????

Cuda
06-28-2004, 05:36 PM
I've been doing google searches for the "Lost Bawana umbrella and cant seem to find one, anybody have a web site or know where to get one????

Check post #9 in this thread. There is a link there.

BUIZILLA
06-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Both of mine combined was $158.09, shipping included. Your freight cost may be higher.
Call 888.320.1161
sales@lostbwana.com

JH :shades:

pmreed
06-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Mine was $80.73 including tax and shipping. Should be here any day now.

Phil

BLACKIE
07-15-2004, 09:08 AM
I Recently ordered a Bimini Sunshade from Lost Buwana Outfitters in Boca Raton, FL. It came a couple of weeks ago and as I was busy and the boat was not ready for use yet I didn't open up the package until yesterday evening.

All the part were there and the only problem was that the fabric of the shade was spotted with something that looked like ink. That really looked bad on a white sunshade. This morning I'm happy to report I called Lost Buwana and told them my tail of woe. To my delight and suprise the gentlemen I spoke with (I didn't get his name) said, "I get them made in the orient and about 1 percent (especially the white ones) have some discolorations". He continued by saying he would send me another one no questions asked. When I asked where to return the defective one too, he said, "Keep it for a spare, I'll get your new one out to you today".

Now that's what I call "Customer Service". Thank you Lost Buwana!! I think we should throw more business their way if possible. Incidently, the sunshade was of high quality and should last quite awhile.

RHMUIR
07-25-2004, 10:57 AM
:pimp: At the risk of getting stoned by others, has anybody installed a bimini on a 33zx. I am moving back to Florida from the north having lived there before, I know it gets really hot sitting at anchor in the Gulf. Not sure the umbrella will cover this wide Donzi. I promise to never raise it when underway.

Cuda
07-25-2004, 11:20 AM
Let the stoning begin! :kaioken: :angryfire