PDA

View Full Version : Towed In...

Andy McCarty
06-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Well wentto the lake this weekend to try out 2 props and relax a little. I ran the boat Friday and Saturday trying props. (still not happy with my speeds, 53 best i can get with a 23 pitch @ 4600RPM) but any way thats another story. On sunday me and the whole family went on a boat ride to get my 3 year old use to the boat. i was running and came on some good chop and came down hard on one wave and the motor shut's off. I try to start it and it wont start. i have nothing but juice to the blower and the engine hatch. No other instruments would even show to have any power to them. I tried the master switch the battery terminals breakers everything and nothing. I got a tow in. as soon as we got to the dock i turned the master switch back on and turned the key and the darn thing fired up like there was nothing wrong. I drove it all the way back and it never died again. i hit every wake i could to try to get it to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions where to start looking for the electrical problem?????? My wife is really not enjoying working on this thing every weekend. Or feeling uneasy about going on a long ride. Please help with this becaseu i feel like this is a small issue. :confused: :confused: :confused: :wrench: :wrench:

gold-n-rod
06-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions where to start looking for the electrical problem?????? My wife is really not enjoying working on this thing every weekend. Or feeling uneasy about going on a long ride. Please help with this becaseu i feel like this is a small issue.

I had an intermittant stalling problem on my '91 BBC/Bravo 1 (non-Donzi) one summer. I had all kinds of mechanics look at it without a solution. I was wiggling every wire connection one day and heard something small drop in the bilge. It was the nut holding the thin black wire to the distributor. I traced it back to the ignition amp located on the port exhaust manifold. A new nut and lockwasher and I've been good ever since.

HTH,

another Randy